Syris Evacuation help

demarcoa

I've been trying to do this mission for a while now. I'm able to do supposedly more difficult space missions (i.e. Kovor Ice Field), and I have all Grade FIVE (not three) upgrades on my ship, and power conversion module.

I've tried a number of strategies, including:

1. Focusing on the turrets

2. Focusing on the fighters

3. Balancing my focus between the turrets and fighters

4. Shooting out the capital ships engine

5. Paying close attention to the part where you fly into that "canyon"

The only reason i think i can't beat this might be due to lag, I guess. I don't have much of a problem on other space missions, nor do I have much problem with the rest of the game performance wise. My PC is fairly ****** and clogs up sometimes when the space missions get crowded). Any tips?

Edited by demarcoa
clarification

1. Crash into the first piece of debris you see

2. Shoot the shuttle down

3. Fire all missles at 1 fighter

4. Keep the ship on auto pilot and don't move at all

5. Don't use any upgrades

Hope this helps in your battle. Good luck!

Well if the advice from the reincarnation of George Carlin didn't help (actually pretty funny), let me give you these pointers.

I focus on what is ahead of the shuttle. You can shoot at it all day and it won't hurt it. The fighters that are attacking it from the front seem to do the most damage so I try to take those out as soon as I can target them.

Any fighter that flies past you must not be allowed to get off more than 2 shots at the shuttle.

When you get within missile range of of the big ships, blast off a few missiles at them to knock out the turrets.

When going through the asteroid field (companion says "watch your sides) keep an eye out for fighters coming directly at the shuttle from above.

Do not be afraid to hold down the left mouse button for the duration of the mission. Your ship will not get enough damage to be destroyed so you don't need your shields anyway.

Hope this helps even if it didn't make you laugh like Newyankalt did.

Well if the advice from the reincarnation of George Carlin didn't help (actually pretty funny), let me give you these pointers.

I focus on what is ahead of the shuttle. You can shoot at it all day and it won't hurt it. The fighters that are attacking it from the front seem to do the most damage so I try to take those out as soon as I can target them.

Any fighter that flies past you must not be allowed to get off more than 2 shots at the shuttle.

When you get within missile range of of the big ships, blast off a few missiles at them to knock out the turrets.

When going through the asteroid field (companion says "watch your sides) keep an eye out for fighters coming directly at the shuttle from above.

Do not be afraid to hold down the left mouse button for the duration of the mission. Your ship will not get enough damage to be destroyed so you don't need your shields anyway.

Hope this helps even if it didn't make you laugh like Newyankalt did.

^^^ You should be firing the entire time, and of course have your convesion module set to blaster, they almost dont shoot at you at all during this mission. As the destroyers come into view immediately fire 4 missles at the turrets on the front, and go back to shooting fighters, then repeat. Not only do you not need to worry about your ship's damage, you shouldnt come anywhere near running out of missles either, so spam them all day long, but mostly at the destroyers, or the fighters in the distance.

The shuttle should have full health(?) as your are going into the canyon, because no matter how good you are, it takes like a 30% loss as you leave the canyon, just built into the mission that way.

I wouldn't bother using the missiles on the fighters that are coming at you. The missiles will take too long to get there, and they will have a lot of time to shoot at the shuttle. If you want to use missiles on fighters, use them on the fighters that pass you, where the missile flight time is reasonably short. Otherwise, blasters are the best/fastest way to take out the fighters at a distance.

Beyond that, make sure that you destroy EVERY turrent on the larger ships. This should be your main focus for the first half of the mission because a couple of the large ships race to the end of the asteroid passage and are well out of your firing range when the shuttle exits the passage. Any turrets you didn't destroy get plenty of time to shoot at the shuttle before you even get into range. If you can take out all the ship turrets before the passage, then there is only one ship you'll have to worry about during the last half of the mission. And the remaining fighters, of course, but the fighters aren't the big concern in this mission.

Thanks guys this was really helpful. Well, except the one that wasn't, but it was funny.

I'll be sure to try these things.

EDIT: The tips above allowed for successful completion of the mission. Thanks again everyone!

Edited by demarcoa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.