Why the management of such magnificent game ignores the Russian market?

kochik

Dear developers, I have very important question to you why such many million country as Russia, didn't deserve your attention, and didn't receive localization even in subtitles, such magnificent both in the subject plan and in PVP game as SWTOR? It is genocide of our country? I play MMO many years and not one such magnificent project not

deprived our population of attention, I am in your subscribers practically from the exit of game, and constantly I hope for localization in Russian in subtitles, to me sadly to look as many of my companions and friends leave game as have no colloquial English to them difficult to understand a plot of game and to understand its features, I and itself spent not one hour sitting with the dictionary and translating your magnificent plot, but thus I observed as not one hundred people left your project without having possibility aurally to understand that that occurs in game, really you so hate the Russian players that simply ignore our market and people, I knew many people ready to subscribe for your game but not didn't decide to play one game in language unfamiliar to!! Answer please in what the reason of unwillingness to deduce your project the Russian market?: С ума:

Dear Friend,

There IS a solution: You need to learn English as many of us did.

The same thing could be said by people speaking Spanish, Italian, Greek and Portuguese and tons of other languages..Urdu including.

And well, regarding the "market" - surely, Russia is huge (in many different aspects), but how about making sure that most of players would be able to cover their subscription by monthly regular charge on the credit card?

i have a feeling that those who can afford that already speak English, or at least have personal translator.

Dear Friend,

There IS a solution: You need to learn English as many of us did.

The same thing could be said by people speaking Spanish, Italian, Greek and Portuguese and tons of other languages..Urdu including.

And well, regarding the "market" - surely, Russia is huge (in many different aspects), but how about making sure that most of players would be able to cover their subscription by monthly regular charge on the credit card?

i have a feeling that those who can afford that already speak English, or at least have personal translator.

yes I agree in what that you are absolutely right, but don't forget that for the sake of one game as though it wasn't magnificent the simple ordinary person won't go specially to study language, and in it I think you with me agree, and ignoring such large market as Russia developers do a huge miss considering that that all modern TOP games entered the market have at least subtitles, and in connection with such big outflow playing as occurs in this magnificent project, it is inadmissible miss. it is possible even to consider an example of Aion which is localized in Russia and has mad popularity! GW2 which as leaves in Russian, and this list can be continued and continued, and taking into account that that in Russia such global projects practically aren't present, an approach want to play study language, agree not to be pleasant to each player and if you consider that our population has no credit cards and we live embracing bears in a wild solitude, you wildly are mistaken! and in this case I can offer you only one exit come on a visit I think you wildly be surprised)

Just because the game isn't localised for Russia doesn't mean that BioWare or EA "hates" you. That is simply taking something way out of context. That would then imply that BioWare and EA just "hate" most of the world. The reason it hasn't been localised is that it's not financially feasible. Translating all of the text and such is quite expensive and they don't see it as necessary.

Also, you should look up the definition of genocide. You completely misused that word.

Just because the game isn't localised for Russia doesn't mean that BioWare or EA "hates" you. That is simply taking something way out of context. That would then imply that BioWare and EA just "hate" most of the world. The reason it hasn't been localised is that it's not financially feasible. Translating all of the text and such is quite expensive and they don't see it as necessary.

Also, you should look up the definition of genocide. You completely misused that word.

True, Indeed. And, frankly, fully understandable, knowing that they spent millions on "vocalising" the game...

and, moreover all that whinning about "PVP, content, ranked, bugs, transfers, all kinds of stuff, no it does not make it even thinkable to localize games more.

But why it is that Russian speaking people have issue with it? others seem not to be so concerned...

i do see his point tho. If other comparable mmo´s have russian subtitles they have a slight advantage to swtor.

The star wars factor might make up for it, but if your only looking for a new mmo, and your english isn´t that good, most people would probably pick a mmo with russian subtitles.. (if they´re from russia ofc)

it´s probably not too hard to do. i dont even think it would cost too much. A translater a week maybe 2 and a programer would probably just need to add a "-rus" to the file pointer or whatever instead of the english subtitle file.

............and if you consider that our population has no credit cards and we live embracing bears in a wild solitude, you wildly are mistaken! and in this case I can offer you only one exit come on a visit I think you wildly be surprised)

I know you don't. Well is some parts, at least :)

But it's not my issue. You need to convince EA managers, not me :)

I will agree with you that it could sound quite loudly, but compare the population of Russia and for example Germany, I assume you won't complicate to find figure in the Internet, and will be convinced that the difference is quite notable. Well and throughout the question lifted in a subject, At all recognitions of the company, about loss of number of subscribers why such well-known company, refuses to make subtitles for other countries except presented initially, I don't mean only Russia as we already noticed by words told above, this question is actual and for other countries, subtitles not such expensive pleasure for such eminent company why it is simple not to enter at least subtitles thereby having supported interest to game at already available audience of subscribers and involving more and more new, after all it will not be pleasant to what player to play seeing the native language in subtitles, simply such act from the company will be not only is more economic for the company but also more polite in relation to other language groups, rather than to those countries for which translated this game! if you have other opinions and views of this question, will be glad them to listen! as if we people playing this game, won't set and bring up such questions, all and remains as is!

One simple solution would be to allow fan made translation subtitles but someone would have to write them 1st and after that get approval from developers.

Personally I believe main barrier for more players to join game is sub cost, which is quite high even when compared to other MMOs I have been playing so far (2x higher actually than average) but that is subject to change soon:)

I will agree with you that it could sound quite loudly, but compare the population of Russia and for example Germany, I assume you won't complicate to find figure in the Internet, and will be convinced that the difference is quite notable. Well and throughout the question lifted in a subject, At all recognitions of the company, about loss of number of subscribers why such well-known company, refuses to make subtitles for other countries except presented initially, I don't mean only Russia as we already noticed by words told above, this question is actual and for other countries, subtitles not such expensive pleasure for such eminent company why it is simple not to enter at least subtitles thereby having supported interest to game at already available audience of subscribers and involving more and more new, after all it will not be pleasant to what player to play seeing the native language in subtitles, simply such act from the company will be not only is more economic for the company but also more polite in relation to other language groups, rather than to those countries for which translated this game! if you have other opinions and views of this question, will be glad them to listen! as if we people playing this game, won't set and bring up such questions, all and remains as is!

Yes, you have about double the people, but Germany's GDP is about 2.5 times yours. That said, Germany has more bargaining power. What I mean is that Russia may have 142 million people compared to Germany's 80 million or so, but the game will sell better in Germany because more people are able to actually buy it.

In addition, Germany is a pretty important market in the gaming industry, which is why Gamescom is held there. There's a business reason why games are localised/produced in German, French, and English. Other than the countries where those three languages are the official language (or de facto language in the USA's case), they're languages that many people speak or can understand. As far as I can tell, those three languages are the most economically feasible options when producing a video game. If they weren't, then other languages would be on the table.

I'm not a "native" Spanish speaker, but I do know quite a bit. I could make the same argument that there are about 400 million Spanish speakers all over the globe in upwards of 20 different countries. However, many of those countries are impoverished and wouldn't be able to afford to purchase the game and thereby justify the cost to localise SW:TOR in that respective language.

Also, please don't get me wrong: I don't mean to offend you by any means. I would love to see the game localised for every country and language, but it's just not very likely in the near future. I'd like for the game to be as accessible to me as it is to everyone else, but that's just not always the case. My brother has a similar situation in games that he likes since most are produced only in Japanese. It's an unfortunate situation for both of you, but sometimes we just have to deal with things until a fix for the problem is made.

Yes, you have about double the people, but Germany's GDP is about 2.5 times yours. That said, Germany has more bargaining power. What I mean is that Russia may have 142 million people compared to Germany's 80 million or so, but the game will sell better in Germany because more people are able to actually buy it.

In addition, Germany is a pretty important market in the gaming industry, which is why Gamescom is held there. There's a business reason why games are localised/produced in German, French, and English. Other than the countries where those three languages are the official language (or de facto language in the USA's case), they're languages that many people speak or can understand. As far as I can tell, those three languages are the most economically feasible options when producing a video game. If they weren't, then other languages would be on the table.

I'm not a "native" Spanish speaker, but I do know quite a bit. I could make the same argument that there are about 400 million Spanish speakers all over the globe in upwards of 20 different countries. However, many of those countries are impoverished and wouldn't be able to afford to purchase the game and thereby justify the cost to localise SW:TOR in that respective language.

Also, please don't get me wrong: I don't mean to offend you by any means. I would love to see the game localised for every country and language, but it's just not very likely in the near future. I'd like for the game to be as accessible to me as it is to everyone else, but that's just not always the case. My brother has a similar situation in games that he likes since most are produced only in Japanese. It's an unfortunate situation for both of you, but sometimes we just have to deal with things until a fix for the problem is made.

concerning game cost I can tell concrete figures, average cost of a monthly subscription in completely localized game with a soundtrack, in Russia hesitates from 10 to $15 that gets to subscription cost since September of this year, so, game becomes absolutely competitive in relation to other MMO projects of this kind, but receives the huge minus for lack of localization that alienates the ordinary player from this project. Actually all this process can be considered on an example to all of us known and deeply dear game as WOW, but there is one small difference from present affairs, but despite that that it small, it is very essential, on our market the flow of the Korean and Japanese MMO projects rushed, and thus they are completely localized under our market, at the price of a subscription they don't concede European, and on quality absolutely to them don't lose and in what that even surpass, and that's it on this matter I and lifted this subject! yes even it is simple to look at a difference in game cost with the former price!!! that it made roughly telling $10, and in Russia it is equivalent, we will tell so to 3 bottles of normal beer, or 4 averages of quality.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.