Force Unleashed Discussion

Nellsterzzz

Ok, I spend a little time every day browsing topics on the forums and every once in a while i'll wonder onto a topic where people bring up the force unleashed and how it was the worst star wars lore there is.

Now honestly, i want to know why people think this? I've played both games and enjoyed their company, although the second one did have A LOT of filler and very little story (to me anyways).

On almost every post I see about this, people say because of Starkiller using the force on the starship in the beginning of the game, saying its not possible, stupid etc. On the note that it can't be possible, why would people think this?

The star wars universe is a world of fiction so technically anything is possible and since the nature of the "force" is so unpredictable, how could we possibly know what is and isn't possible? :) Anyways share your thoughts people :)

Palpatine created a Force Storm that took out half a fleet and body swapped like three times... A guy pulling a Star Destroyer from orbit is a bit more believable and not as offensive.

They probably hate on it because at it's essence TFU and TFU2 were a bunch of flashy quick time events that showed off what a powerful force user can do better than what any of the previous games could. The story was kinda.. non-existent in some regards focusing more on gameplay than plot and character developement. But hey, those games were only 6-10 hours long. Not much you can do in that time.

Well, we have to remember that game devs need to take certain liberties with lore to make the game fun. I, for one, would not want to play as an underpowered Force user. I did happen to enjoy the games. Endless fun tossing Stormtroopers around like dust in a hurricane, and watching their heads and limbs fly in FU2 was entertaining as well. It's where I go to get creative with how I dispatch hapless goons :D

If I remember correctly the entire premise of TFU was that the Jedi Purge had caused the Force to become out of control,unbalanced and extremely wild and powerful. Seems to me pulling a Star Destroyer down with the Force out of control is believable. plus, the TFU novelizations kind of quash Starkiller's seemingly demigod powers and make them more appropriate to the SWU.

If I remember correctly the entire premise of TFU was that the Jedi Purge had caused the Force to become out of control,unbalanced and extremely wild and powerful. Seems to me pulling a Star Destroyer down with the Force out of control is believable. plus, the TFU novelizations kind of quash Starkiller's seemingly demigod powers and make them more appropriate to the SWU.

Wasn't pulling, the destroyer was already falling and he was just guiding it down. Though really unsure why this pisses people off....I mean Yoda said in ESB.

"Size matters not" So why people get bent out of shape over something like that, doesn't make any sense. Even if Galen did pull it down, it wouldn't be impossible to do anyway.

Wasn't pulling, the destroyer was already falling and he was just guiding it down. Though really unsure why this pisses people off....I mean Yoda said in ESB.

"Size matters not" So why people get bent out of shape over something like that, doesn't make any sense. Even if Galen did pull it down, it wouldn't be impossible to do anyway.

Exactly. Wise Yoda is, wrong about this he is not.

I actually liked the Force Unleashed games. They provided some mindless fun that I enjoy, plus its Star Wars.

Wasn't a huge fan of the "Starkiller founding the rebellion" bit but I really did like the first one, it was a well done and fun game with a decent story.

Apart from the story being near non-existant in the second one it was also waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too short.

Wasn't a huge fan of the "Starkiller founding the rebellion" bit but I really did like the first one, it was a well done and fun game with a decent story.

Apart from the story being near non-existant in the second one it was also waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too short.

He didn't exactly "found" the rebellion. He created the oppurtunity for like minded senators to get together to form it. he was the catalyst for the formation of the rebellion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.