will be Makeb free in F2P?

LUCASCASADEIS

will be makeb free in f2p? or the free players can play it?

Well, obviously we don't know yet. But if i was to guess I would say that it depends. If Makeb introduces new Class Story content then i am pretty sure that it will be free for everyone, but if it is just planet quests and such you will most likely have to pay for it.

If I remember right subscribers will get future updates for free but f2p players will need to subscribe or pay extra to access content after level 50.It would be stupid if I'm paying $15 a month and not getting anything out of it but you crappy events. Edited by Newyankalt

If I remember right subscribers will get future updates for free but f2p players will need to subscribe or pay extra to access content after level 50.

Yeah subscribers will get everything. We don't know if f2p players will have the option of paying for the content, but it is more than likely that they will be.

Well, obviously we don't know yet. But if i was to guess I would say that it depends. If Makeb introduces new Class Story content then i am pretty sure that it will be free for everyone, but if it is just planet quests and such you will most likely have to pay for it.

They are considering charging Subscribers for makeb and they also said new content would cost f2p players.

nonono, i mean for the people who pay 15 dolars, it's obiusly will be free, but will be free for free players?

I know what you meant. It wont be free for F2P players. The point of F2P is to introduce the game to them, get them to want more and then charge them for it. They cant give the entire game away for free. After seeing the new interview.... I dont even think it will be free for subscribers. It seems they want to call it an expansion and even though the size dont justify it, they are looking for another cash grab.

becaue we pay 15 dolars and we have iliminit access, and they haven't

What now? Yeah we have unlimited access. They are limited in terms of ammount of warzones, flashpoints they can play. Also inventory and credits. No operations. So why should they not get the story, which is the main thing about this game?

I know what you meant. It wont be free for F2P players. The point of F2P is to introduce the game to them, get them to want more and then charge them for it. They cant give the entire game away for free. After seeing the new interview.... I dont even think it will be free for subscribers. It seems they want to call it an expansion and even though the size dont justify it, they are looking for another cash grab.

^ This.

What now? Yeah we have unlimited access. They are limited in terms of ammount of warzones, flashpoints they can play. Also inventory and credits. No operations. So why should they not get the story, which is the main thing about this game?

They will not get future content either. The reason is because there are some players that will only play story. That is the majority of the game. EA still has to make money off these people so future content will be charged for ala carte.

They will not get future content either. The reason is because there are some players that will only play story. That is the majority of the game. EA still has to make money off these people so future content will be charged for ala carte.

Yeah i see your point. However I still believe it will depend on the kind of content. As I said before, I think that if any new class story is released, everyone will be able to play it, since that is the core of the game.

Can you please link to your source? I must have missed that. Was it something that came out at Gamescom or?

here is the quote from the recent interview

What (if anything) will subscribers have to pay for after F2P launches?

I wish I had a solid answer for you on that. We’re still in discussion about some of the larger content updates that we’re planning. Great example is the planet Makeb. We’ve talked about Makeb, we have a lot of plans around Makeb. I wish I could give you more details, but I can tell you that I think the playerbase is going to be really, really pleased. More story content. New and interesting things for the players to do. More systems and interesting functions in the game … I can’t go into a lot of detail, but around things like that … This is a pretty big piece (of content). It is probably all that I can say. It is definitely still for discussion whether we sell that to the subscriber or the subscriber gets that for free because it is a big beefy chunk of content.

Its with Jeff Hickman. He is now, pretty much the boss.

link to the whole thing is here: http://www.swtor-life.com/video/the-future-of-swtor-jeff-hickman-interview/7112/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.