Faction Swap

Occide

Okay so, inb4 idiots.

Yes I know it's a radical idea and it may cause server imbalance, but maybe this should be either a paid option or a cartel shop purchase?

I personally am tired of the republic for several reasons and the Empire characters on my server are extremely well organised and mannered.

I see it as working like WoW's faction swap does (yeah I know, stealing ideas from wow), in that your character is transferred to their mirror, so Sentinel to Marauder for example, your skill tree is copied into the mirror tree OR you get a free respec, and your gear is changed over (so for example, your Republic Columni set becomes the Empire Columni set)

A limit of 1-2 per account would really help manage the imbalance factor, and it may make people who created a main account, got to 50 then realised that the endgame community isn't as great as what they thought come back and swap sides in order to get more enjoyment from the game. BUT it shouldn't be added until the servers are populated again and this dead server issue is gone.. Because that'd just ruin everything.

So community, what do you think?

I thought that a faction swap was a cool idea when races were faction restricted.

Now that they're not I don't see any mechanical advantages to it. We're not restricted to a single faction on a server, so it's easy to just create a new character. You can get a character to level 50 fairly quickly though if you've got a significant amount of end game gear that could take a decent amount of time.

It might mess up companions story and affection and it would probably be weird jumping into the middle/end of another classes story.

I don't really think it would help with faction imbalance. Unfortunately us pubs are just not cool enough :p

That being said though it would be kinda cool if they did a little story for swapping like the disillusioned trooper gives up on the republic and becomes a soldier for hire or the Sith Lord turns away from the dark side of the force and in the process joins the republic. Could probably do LS/DS variations so that it made sense with the players alignment though.