The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT 'nerf' incoming

Suryi

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee you like the class because of it's "mid-range" functionality. I am sure it has nothing to do with how much damage you can do or how extremely simple it is to play.

It's the mid-range functionality that you like most about it.

It is, that's why I play AP. (Actually a Tactics VG, but same thing.)

Also, still wondering if this is actually happening, seeing as there was no notification in the dev announcement.

Edited by Chaoskyx

4m range on our Flame burst will make pyrotech useless against melees even more so now. So it weakens pyros, but makes sorcs and mercs stronger and makes the pyro a free kill for maras,juggs, snipers, dps ops, and dps sins. I have zero issue with IM and RS being put to 10m, but if you nerf Flame burst to 4m, you better compensate by giving us more defensive cooldowns. And dont give my that crap about heavy armor, heavy armor is junk in pvp, as 80% of all attacks ignore mitigation from armor.

maybe they will replace our shield with a god mode like marauders have, and dont give me that junk about how they cant heal... pop god mode and their hp just climbs, practically have to kill them 2 times just to kill them once

maybe they will replace our shield with a god mode like marauders have, and dont give me that junk about how they cant heal... pop god mode and their hp just climbs, practically have to kill them 2 times just to kill them once

Yeah, Undying rage gives a healer so much time to react if that mara is being focused. What's nice about pryros though is a mara will go from 50% to 0 in one GCD making them miss their chance to pop it. :) (I know Undying rage isn't on GCD just saying in that time frame.)

What's nice about pryros though is a mara will go from 50% to 0 in three GCD...

Fixed.

1) Incendiary Missile (or burning DoT)

2) Thermal Detonator (critical hit)

3) Rail Shot (critical hit)

You have to set up the big hit that will take the Marauder down from 50% to 0 first before you can kill them inside the global cooldown, and it requires three - though technically four, with Rapid Shot - to do that.

The Math:

Average Health of a PvP Player: 15,000hp

Average Critical Hit of Thermal Detonator: 3,400

Average Critical hit of Rail Shot: 4,600

Total Damage: 8,000

50% of Average Health of a PvP Player: 7,500

Edited by DacRycar