Group mission takes 20 min to start

JoonKimDMD

After inviting friends to your group, it takes at least 10~20 min to meet up and start the mission.

Is there a way to fast travel to your friends in group?

Speeders and taxi's.....what else do you want, instant ports to random quest areas?

That stupid instant gratification argument was meant for loot. Or beeing inside an instance playing the game with your friends does also count as gratification now? So, having fun is a gratification and we should get bored in between so it isn't easy gratification?

WoW is that way ---->

More like UO is that way ---->

It's double edged. Instant transport everywhere, and even the comically over-sized environment in TOR starts to feel tiny.

Have to walk everywhere? You spend a good deal of your play time just walking through the same tedious landscape you've walked many times before.

It's not terrible in SWTOR... A little bit of travel, flying around, adds to the immersion.

Edited by Stonerift

It amazes me how thoroughly an entire generation has devolved to the notion that if the gratification isn't instant, it's not really gratifying.

That would make sense if the OP was asking for a win button inside the instance, but all he's f'ing asking for is quick travel, just as we already have in the game, but for instances. Way to comprehend.

That would make sense if the OP was asking for a win button inside the instance, but all he's f'ing asking for is quick travel, just as we already have in the game, but for instances. Way to comprehend.

If you want teleportation to dungeons, play WoW. SWTOR has you walk/ride to your flashpoint. Quick travel and other junk like it RUINED WOW

It amazes me how thoroughly an entire generation has devolved to the notion that if the gratification isn't instant, it's not really gratifying.

Wanting to play a game with your friends is not instant gratification- when I log on it's because I want to play a computer game, not chat. If chatting g was what I wanted, I'd get on AIM. What about people who can only spend an hour at a time to play a video game and want to play with their friends? How is it good for a large portion of that time to be wasted on virtual travel?

I absolutely hate not having summoning stones in this game- I spend a lot of my entertainment time waiting. That isn't fun or productive.

I have yet to wait 20min for a group, I go to the fleet station read the chat find a group take the lift up to the drop shuttle start Falshpoint. Too much whining in the forums..........if you can't enjoy the game as is then it is real simple do not play.

I spend a lot of my entertainment time waiting. That isn't fun or productive.

Lol I bet you were such a pain in the *** as a kid. All that I can imagine right now are a bunch of screaming people waiting in line at an amusement park ride, upset because they can't instantly ride the ride over and over again.

Read "The Power of Now" and you'll understand that you won't ever have to wait for anything again.

What about people who can only spend an hour at a time to play a video game and want to play with their friends?

If that is how your free time looks like, perhaps MMORPG´s are not the best choice for you. At least not the majority of them (including this one).

Edited by DaEzz

To those of you throwing the silly "instant gratification" response are missing the real point. To be able to teleport instantly to a group mission starting point is not about "instant gratification," it's about real time efficiency, especially for casual players who don't have a lot of time to play the game.

In my opinion, modern MMOs should be catering more to casual players. Let's face it, more and more busy and working adults are getting into MMOs more than ever before. MMOs are no longer just for the poor guy who lives in his mom's basement. The number of casual players has been growing and continues to grow very rapidly that it would actually be beneficial to make MMOs more casual-friendly.

Time efficiency and catering to casual players has nothing to do with World of Warcraft. It's a concept that should be implemented in all modern MMOs.

If that is how your free time looks like, perhaps MMORPG´s are not the best choice for you. At least not the majority of them, including this one.

If BioWare/EA thought like you, their profits would plummet. The game company is in business to make as much money as possible, so they shouldn't focus on only the hardcore gaming customers who have all the time in the world to play. ALL customers should be focused on.

Edited by BlackRifle

While a summon stone would hardly cripple the environment feel, just (E) Fleet Pass back (1000 credits is chump change quick enough) and everyone is ready to go in like 2 mins. Also many planets have a "flashpoint shuttle" that takes you to fleet too.

The LFG tool really does need some work. As it's not fit for purpose, even if they're not happy going the whole route.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.