Bioware Plz Fix this.

darksithgod

As a workaround, when you're not currently in a combat situation, you can turn of her (or any companion's) special combat stance. Either right click the stance buff over their portrait or click it off in the companion's ability toolbar. That should allow them to put their weapon away. At least it worked for me, the one time I tried it. Edited by mathisk

I'm a Jedi knight, my companion Kira always has her lightsaber on, it goes away in the cutscene, but mainly it's always on. This is really annoying and it breaks immersion, please look into this. Love you guys.

I reported this bug over a year ago in beta. They fixed it for a few weeks, then brought it back. Ultimately, it seemed mostly fixed at release, but then they broke it about one or two patches into live release. Now, we're back on the one-year anniversary of this bug.

I don't think the people who know how to fix it still work for Bioware anymore.

I generally just play without either of Kira's stances active. I will turn them on if I'm up against a tough fight. For the most part, though, I don't even miss them when they're off.

Edited by EJedi

Yep, this annoying bug has been around for awhile. I wish they'd fix it too!

I am just thankful that my sniper rifle toting companion doesn't look nearly as ridiculous running around with his weapon out as all those poor lightsaber wielding companions do. :(

and it breaks immersion. Love you guys.

How exactly does that break immersion?

But yeah I remember when she'd have it on her waist, but it'd be on... so I get that part :)

By the way, it's not gonna be fixed, this was in the beta, they already put out a fix for it, which I guess didn't work.

Just like all those MANY parts of the map you can get stuck on, that despite you using the /stuck command NEVER get fixed, and again these are the points you would get stuck on in the beta.

The problem I feel is money. Bioware would love to fix it, but EA is controlling the pursestrings I suppose.

Kira's lightsaber also tends to "hang around" after you dismiss her. Normally this would upset me, but it also allows me to do things like this.

So....yeah. It's a good thing.

Hero is a word tossed around to frequently these days... but you sir... hero