Goodbye cathar.

NoaFlux

I'm just glad it doesn't look like the stock Cathar character they use for every Cathar NPC besides Aric. I think they probably made one as far away from that NPC just so we would know it's not that same recycled face. That's the main reason I didn't roll a Sith Pureblood. I'm still excited for Cathar - I think that this is their chance to redeem themselves with customization options.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't particularly like the pattern the Cathar in the video has, seeing another one has helped reassure me that there may be more than just "big male cat broad nose" faces for the males. I am really excited about Cathar being playable, but I am also antsy to see the customization options.

I am afraid they will be like Twi'lek which have what is essentially 3 faces per gender, each with several slight variations. Pretty much all of which look bad on the body type I prefer. Go ahead, try and make a female BT 1 Twi'lek with an attractive face. Pretty easy, right? Now switch to male and try that.

I also worry that Cathar might wind up like Miraluka and Zabrak and just get some of the human hair options. :(

Have to agree, the cathar in the video looks AWFUL.

Lets face it, we knew they were just going to be humans, with a bit of fur. Bioware dont dare do anything too adventurous. But he looked more like a clown than a cat, or face painted at a fair.

To me, it makes no difference, i have all my 8 slots filled so no room for them. but feel sorry for those few that were excited for them, but what did you expect from bioware and their races?

Yeah the Cathar in the vid reminds me of that guy, "Stalking Cat" from Ripley's Believe It or Not!. The guy who modified himself to look like a tiger (except video cat-guy is skinner).

At least the Cathar Jedi Master at the Jedi Temple on Tython looks kinda like a cat man. That video guy looks like the runner up from a Halloween costume contest!

While I don't particularly like the pattern the Cathar in the video has, seeing another one has helped reassure me that there may be more than just "big male cat broad nose" faces for the males. I am really excited about Cathar being playable, but I am also antsy to see the customization options.

I am afraid they will be like Twi'lek which have what is essentially 3 faces per gender, each with several slight variations. Pretty much all of which look bad on the body type I prefer. Go ahead, try and make a female BT 1 Twi'lek with an attractive face. Pretty easy, right? Now switch to male and try that.

I also worry that Cathar might wind up like Miraluka and Zabrak and just get some of the human hair options. :(

unfortunately your biblical quote is very true for SWTOR