What is your favorite/main class/character and why?

TheBBP

I have 4 level 50's. Vanguard, Commando, Guardian and Sage. I am having a hard time choosing a main so I can focus on one for the most part. So, I thought that I would ask you guys... What is your favorite/main class/character and why?

My Operative healer, Rogan't. I find the healing itself really easy as I've been using him for a couple of months now (so much so I have a tendency to screw up my energy management to buggery on my Sorcerer whenever I try to heal with her) and though he might not be as powerful as a Sorcerer in equivalent gear, he does get the job done. I've put a lot of work into gearing him, dragging him to Explosive Conflict, patching up the holes in his armour (or avoiding the repair costs by dropping out of combat...). He was the first character I actually invested thought in when levelling - I mulled over conversation choices, the consequences of certain actions during the storyline. Now he's the character I write about most often in my fiction, thanks to the Short Fiction Challenge thread :) And for the longest time he was only male character, still is, technically, as my Chiss is only level 1.

Agents also have the best wardrobe :3

I tried out every class when I first started playing. After playing the starting world for every class, I decided to go with the bounty hunter. Right now I'm a lvl 24 Powertech and I'm still enjoying it. You got some good ranged abilities and some decent mele range abilities. You start out with Mako, who is a good healer as long as your smart and don't get overwhelmed. I'm liking the story too, although all the stories starting out for every class are pretty good.

Commando, healing or Gunnery dps.

I find something soothing about the rotation of Gunnery. Certain abilities have cool downs and you fill the wait with other stuff. Basically the definition of a rotation but I find ammo management fun.

I find Commando healing post 1.2 to be challenging enough with ammo management without wanting to put my fist through my monitor. (Oh, Operative, I love you hardcore but I can't manage your energy worth anything.) I enjoy maximizing my ammo use before needing to blow a cool down during a HM.

I've had nine 50s over the course of my play time...

In order, they were:

Sith Juggernaut (Light Side)

Sith Assassin (Light Side)

Operative ([mostly] Light Side)

Mercenary (Light Side)

Gunslinger (Light Side)

Scoundrel (Grey)

Jedi Sage (Dark Side)

Vanguard (Light Side)

Jedi Sentinel (Light Side)

Story wise (bearing in mind the alignments I played), I would rank them as:

BEST

Agent

Warrior

Knight

Trooper

Smuggler

Hunter

Inquisitor

Consular

WORST

Agent Story is hands down the best story in the game. Tons of twists and turns, and it felt very spy novelish... probably some of the best writing in the game bar none. On top of this, it feels like it could be the only story of the 8 that really had the "Choose your own Adventure," feel to it, and talking with other players, I know it has at least 5 different ways the story can play out.

I think Inquisitor could have been higher if I had played Dark Side, and I regret playing it Light Side. Light Side, and as an Assassin seemed like two strikes that just didn't fit into the mold of the story, and made me feel very dis-attached to it. I don't think alignment mattered for Consular, I probably would have found it dull regardless and was practically falling asleep trying to get off Tython.

I think Warrior would have been worse if I went Dark Side on it, and am very glad I played Light. Trooper also seems like it wouldn't be rewarding in the least as anything other than Light Side. Both of these stories felt very rewarding playing them the way I did, and the stories definitely fleshed out that made Light Side immersion wonderful. I could see a Dark Side Warrior playthrough still ranking relatively high, just not as good as Light. Dark Side Trooper just wouldn't feel right in the least to me. Knight feels much the same as I would analyze Trooper.

Hunter and Smuggler had fairly poor stories. Hunter was very repetitive... go here, collect this bounty, kill your competition, repeat. Smuggler just didn't feel like a story but a collection of things to do that could be patchworked into a story. Smuggler is slightly better because the dialogue is hilarious.

Class Wise:

BEST

Vanguard

Juggernaut

Sage

Operative/Scoundrel

Mercenary

Gunslinger

Assassin

Sentinel

WORST

I really could not get into Sentinel... the entire time I was leveling it, I kept wishing I had rolled a Guardian since I had so much more fun with my Juggernaut (I stuck with Sentinel since it was the only Mirror I hadn't played).

Sage was my main when I switched to Republic, though I really wish I had leveled my Vanguard first. Sage DPS was easy... healing was even easier. Despite playing an Operative for almost 6 months before rolling a Scoundrel, and playing both as Healers, I was able to heal Hard Mode KP without every specing heals before on my Sage with no effort at all. I ran Hybrid DPS most of the time on the Sage though, and despite it not being the best dps spec, I was still top of the charts in almost every raid.

Vanguard ended up being my favorite class, and I believe a lot of it had to do with the fact that I put a lot of time into creating the character... Twi'lek Vanguard with Empirical Markings, almost looking like a Tiger. I leveled as Assault, but switched to Tanking at 50. I was so comfortable playing Vanguard, I was able to switch back and forth from day to day and do both jobs with no hiccups.

Vanguard DPS, Juggernaut DPS, and Sage DPS were my favorite DPS classes.

Vanguard Tank was my favorite Tank.

Operative/Scoundrel Heals were my favorite Healers.

Edited by Toogeloo