Best spec for Lvling sorc on new server

Cathest

Making a sorc on a new server so I won't have all my legacy bonuses

So with that in mind what's the smoothest spec to lvl?

Was thinking healer with khem, but idk if khem will survive much without my presence bonus

Or the shock spec, plan to just bubble khem and have him atack while I make it rain on dem foes

As for madness, havnt heard much bout it...

Which spec y'all recommend?

Thanks

Making a sorc on a new server so I won't have all my legacy bonuses

So with that in mind what's the smoothest spec to lvl?

Was thinking healer with khem, but idk if khem will survive much without my presence bonus

Or the shock spec, plan to just bubble khem and have him atack while I make it rain on dem foes

As for madness, havnt heard much bout it...

Which spec y'all recommend?

Thanks

Madness hands down.

After you hit level 20 and gets wrath it's all easy mode from there.

I think madness is great.

Leveled plenty toons to 50, comparing from spec to spec in leveling speed is part of my routine.

As previous poster said 1-50 really doesnt matter and corruption is a good choice if you prefer slow and steady style.

Boss fights are easily viable even if you had to hard cast dark infusion. (yes you can still heal with 0 point in corruption).

Besides its the smoothness and easiness of leveling.

A madness sorc you can pretty much just force lightning thru.

You can literally play with 2 button thru the whole thing static barrier and force lightning spam.

If you do corruption you will obviously go slower as you are more reliant to your companion's dps.

And instead of affliction FLFLFLFLFLFLFL loot

you are hard casting crushing darkness, affliction, force lightning, lightning strike, lightning strike, force lightning... rotation.

People who say madness sucks are usually the one that dont know how to keep their companion alive during boss fight (letting companion standing in aoe, dont know what a jolt button is and so on). One thing good about corruption is you can be derp and have your companion stand in everything and just heal thru while waiting for your companion to slowly wearing the boss down while you "off DPS" when you dont have to heal.

As an alt-holic, I have 2 basic rules. 1. Never level as heal and 2. Never level as tank. Other than the basic rules I get annoyed if I have to pay attention to "rotations" all the time.

but that's just me.

tl:dr the 99% player of yours are probably derpaderp. Madness is the way to go for leveling and pvp.

Edited by warultima

right on, i tried madness with sin and it was awful, i figured shared trees are just like that...looking at lightning tree and looks pretty nice

but i shall go with the flow, and see how madness suits me :)

Sin and Sorc madness is nothing alike.

Sorcs madness revolves around spammable force lightning.

Sin's madness is melee spam then watch for proc then crushing darkness.

Edited by warultima

serious? from what I heard from 99% of players, madness sucks

I rolled my sorc as lightning but got tired of the colicoid broodmaster on balmorra beating me up and taking my lunch money, went madness and haven't looked back. I've done a couple WZs as madness too, had no clue what I was doing but it sure was fun cc'ing a group with death field so please explain to me how and why madness sucks

I rolled my sorc as lightning but got tired of the colicoid broodmaster on balmorra beating me up and taking my lunch money, went madness and haven't looked back. I've done a couple WZs as madness too, had no clue what I was doing but it sure was fun cc'ing a group with death field so please explain to me how and why madness sucks

He simply had no clue and he either 1. listened to baddies advise or 2. he tried madness as sin but dont know how to play it so it was ineffective so he assumed that madness is crap across the 2 ACs, heard the opposite opinion so he resumed to be the 99% players that say madness sucks.

It's almost amazing that people say madness is crap when its one of the easiest, fastest, leveling specs out there that also dominates WZ from level 20 all the way thru 49.

Edited by warultima

He simply had no clue and he either 1. listened to baddies advise or 2. he tried madness as sin but dont know how to play it so it was ineffective so he assumed that madness is crap across the 2 ACs, heard the opposite opinion so he resumed to be the 99% players that say madness sucks.

It's almost amazing that people say madness is crap when its one of the easiest, fastest, leveling specs out there that also dominates WZ from level 20 all the way thru 49.

I'm a below average player myself but as a madness sorc running with talos, I'm on belsavis burning down golds with 21K and 22K hps--cc homeboy, bubble talos and have hit shoot first to draw aggro then death field, creeping terror, force slow, affliction then lightning to get the wrath proc for crushing darkness...how can you not love that?