Why are Marauders/Sentinels allowed to stealth?

Arallan

Yeah the way to deal with it is to

A, Be one yourself

B. Get 2 or more teammates to always help you to focus on them one at a time

C. Don't PvP

Yeah I know you can beat them, but they have an inherent advantage. If they have all their tools available you are pretty much dead unless you have friends with you or they are really bad or undergeared compared to you. They have high damage, are difficult to kill, have extremely high mobility, and several ways to escape.

That being said Juggernauts are actually worse.

Lol what, how are Juggernauts worse? Both DPS spec's survivability is SIGNIFICANTLY inferior compared to the Marauder's who also deal higher damage - yes, Focus/Rage spec can put up great numbers but that's the shared tree and the Sentinel/Marauder version has access to Undying Rage/Guarded by the Force EVERY 45 SECONDS (in PvP gear). Juggernaut/Guardian tanks are somewhat more durable than Marauders but they better be, they are effing tanks.

Juggernauts/Guardians have no stealth, no god mode for 5 seconds, no way to mess up ranged and melee attacks completely with one ability, no healing debuff, no speed buff, no group wide damage buff... they can taunt and Guardian Leap, that's about all they have over Maras/Sents.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, thats force leap. on a 15-13 sec cd. if your using force camo as a gap closer i think you need to learn to play. and while your at it, maybe you should pop GBTF at the start of the fight.

Force Camouflage is an extremely effective gap closer: the Sentinel pops it, closes in, starts wrecking his opponents face in who has no choice but to use a knockback or stun and run away (or pray for help from his teammates). At that point, Force Leap - and bamm, he's dead, basically.

You must be the worst sentinel alive if you can't flay a target in 5 seconds, or use a 4 second stealth to turn the game in your favor.

I never said i cant kill ppl or use my CDs to my advantage but these CDs r very easy to counter if ure playing against a good player, thats all :)

Force Camouflage is an extremely effective gap closer: the Sentinel pops it, closes in, starts wrecking his opponents face in who has no choice but to use a knockback or stun and run away (or pray for help from his teammates). At that point, Force Leap - and bamm, he's dead, basically.

its 15 sec cd on your gap closer. one of the best and quickest in game and you use force camo. l2p.

The only time force camo should be used as a gap closer is on snipers/guns

I never said i cant kill ppl or use my CDs to my advantage but these CDs r very easy to counter if ure playing against a good player, thats all :)

If you are playing against a good player they arent. and it depends on the class facing the sen/mara.

They just forgot to make camo a pve only skill at lauch and now they are too embarassed to change it since it's been so long :p

The truth/

And yeshif anyone *needs* camo it's the sorc/sages not the dps monster sent/maras who already have more than enough defensive abilities.

But balance is in the eye of the beholder so unsurprisingly the mara and sents players as a whole see nothing wrong with their OP class, go figure....

May i Ask how many of u guys have tried a Mara/Sent? Lets say in 50 WZs?

Dont get them started, they will say is hard to stunlock a sent whos used his quote on quote god mode. Or they will complain about the slow or the ticks of the dots. They would also avoid the fact the the god mode bubble doesnt make you immune againt elemental damage or granades/dots from snipers and gunslingers. I know all this by trying the class and if you focus a sent or maurader like any class he/she will die.

its 15 sec cd on your gap closer. one of the best and quickest in game and you use force camo. l2p. Make a Sentinel or Marauder to 50 before you tell people how to play they're class ^.^

The only time force camo should be used as a gap closer is on snipers/guns

In some situations its more wise to use Force Camo as your Gap Closer, like when i am fighting a Sorc Healer half the time if i where to Leap in they Stun me instantly and run off. So i use Camo as my first Gap Closer then when they begin to run off thats when ill use Leap.

Edited by PowerReaper

Lol what, how are Juggernauts worse? Both DPS spec's survivability is SIGNIFICANTLY inferior compared to the Marauder's who also deal higher damage - yes, Focus/Rage spec can put up great numbers but that's the shared tree and the Sentinel/Marauder version has access to Undying Rage/Guarded by the Force EVERY 45 SECONDS (in PvP gear). Juggernaut/Guardian tanks are somewhat more durable than Marauders but they better be, they are effing tanks.

Juggernauts/Guardians have no stealth, no god mode for 5 seconds, no way to mess up ranged and melee attacks completely with one ability, no healing debuff, no speed buff, no group wide damage buff... they can taunt and Guardian Leap, that's about all they have over Maras/Sents.

i guess he ment that juggs are even worse in terms of mobility. and he is right - in that aspect juggs are even worse then marauders :p

edit: due o missunderstandings

Edited by Tankqull

Dont get them started, they will say is hard to stunlock a sent whos used his quote on quote god mode. Or they will complain about the slow or the ticks of the dots. They would also avoid the fact the the god mode bubble doesnt make you immune againt elemental damage or granades/dots from snipers and gunslingers. I know all this by trying the class and if you focus a sent or maurader like any class he/she will die.

its surpising that if you focus any class they will die.

In some situations its more wise to use Force Camo as your Gap Closer, like when i am fighting a Sorc Healer half the time if i where to Leap in they Stun me instantly and run off. So i use Camo as my first Gap Closer then when they begin to run off thats when ill use Leap.

you use camo against a healer :|

l2p

They would also avoid the fact the the god mode bubble doesnt make you immune againt elemental damage or granades/dots from snipers and gunslingers..

If your talking about GBTF it doesnt make you immune to dmg, it reduces dmg by 99% and yes that includes dots/grenades and ele damage. So maybe you should of tried playing it a little longer?

you use camo against a healer :|

l2p

Do you have a Marauder or a Sentinel :rolleyes: i forgot. All you people complain that we use it to escape death but when we don't and we use it for something else then its a L2P issue, 0/10. I also use Camo when i get a Thermal Detonator thrown on me sometimes (-50% damage), when i have a bunch of dots on me, when i get pulled into a Hazard that is not the fire, guess that's a l2p issue also.

0/10

Edited by PowerReaper

Do you have a Marauder or a Sentinel i forgot. All you people complain that we use it to escape death but when we don't and we use it for something else then its a L2P issue, 0/10. I also use Camo when i get a Thermal Detonator thrown on me sometimes (-50% damage), when i have a bunch of dots on me, when i get pulled into a Hazard that is not the fire, guess that's a l2p issue also. .

yeah i do. And maybe you need to add L2r - as I havent once complained about you using it to escape death. And yet again you seem to be pulling random things out. I have never said using force camo to take less dmg from a thermal det is a l2p.

Learn to read.

and also the 3 edits are epic.

Edited by Oscibi