A Thousand Papercuts

cyrus_krell

I'd like to see a Kiosk that lets us customize our armor more. I don't care if it's for Credits or Cartel Coins, I'd pay money to have Orange Gear that us players get to design. It could be a panel similar to character creation, and let us choose base armor, capes/robes, accessories (ammo belts, etc), and things like that, and combine it. It would really add to the feeling that we are distinct characters in Star Wars.

Also, I'd like to see decorations for our Spaceships, along with a "Trophy Room" full of items from our journeys. Sabers from various Jedi/Sith we've fought, Beskar'gam armor from the Mandalorian Raiders FP, etc.

A few Level 55 planets, each designed for a specific purpose. Some could be for Open World PvP, others for Heroic Missions and World Bosses, and others full of Lore Objects.

Force Push/Pull for Sentinels and Marauders.

EDIT: A few things that bug me:

When exiting starships in orbit, the cutscene is always of it flying towards the surface, even when they actually land on an Orbital Station. A cutscene of it docking over the planet would be much better in those cases.

I'd like to see the door to your spaceship go down when you're in the hangar, making it basically a different room in the bay. Then, you wouldn't see the takeoff cutscene until you use the Galaxy Map and it's left the hangar bay.

On Quesh, everyone is wearing the masks but you. It would be really cool to see your characters and your organic companions to put on a gasmask themselves, when not wearing a face-covering item such as a Helmet or Revan's Mask.

Edited by bionamaster

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guilds:

Guild Welcome message (when you join) i often find myself needing to paste the same standard text when a member joins hey welcome blah blah please join our website at blah blah please set up your guild chat channel blah blah please send me the following information for your member note blah blah .. etc etc

cant always be online to welcome new members so this would be a BIG help ..

automatic chat channel creation when you join a guild

guild calendar

guild email

guild tax system (optional)

more guild ranks

larger member & officer notes

something for guilds to do ..

guild ships guild xp level somthing like that

• 2 weeks later...
It would be nifty if, when hovering the mouse over a spot on the local or global map, a tool-tip with the name of the region appeared, if the region has been explored. The names appear when you travel through them but, because they aren't on the map, it makes navigating by using region names fairly useless. I can't tell other people to go to a particular region because their map won't have it listed and end up giving directions by quest locations: "Remember where that guy is who gives you the key? It's a bit south of him."

I find it quite frustrating that, as I upgrade from Mk6 to Mk9 aug slots on my gear that there is no way to tell which gear has which type of slot without using a bench. Particularly when I go to slot a shiny, new Mk9 aug, and find out that the slot it only Mk6 I want the 5k creds back I just spent un-slotting the aug.

• 1 month later...

◘ Currently When exiting your ship on either Belsavis or Corellia you have to load twice into the planet to get to Section X or The Black Hole. Can we have an option from our ship to load directly to those areas?

◘ When docked in a planetary hangar, which were created differently for the most part, there is no indication where the exit is. Some may not have this problem, but I have to orientate myself based of the scenery to find the exit and have even ran around my ship a few times until I open up my map to find my way out. Would it be possible to place the elevator switch (like on the map) visible from your spawning point when you land? Currently when we get to the elevator the switch becomes visible on the map when you are in range.

◘ When viewing your map, I know you can click on the icons that indicate the entrance into the next area to view it. However, on Belsavis when viewing the Maximum Security Section you are unable to view the Maximum Security Throughfare. There is no icon on the map to click. Also, on Hoth from Waterock Wastes to and from Highmount Ridge and on Highmount Ridge to and from Glacial Fissure by Leth Outpost.

Bounty Hunter

- Face away from door when spawning in ship.

- Heat level indicator. Similar to operative energy levels or Trooper ammo count.

I don't know if it has been suggested so I would like to address this little thing that to me is a really big deal. In my down time, while waiting on friends or companions doing long missions, I like to browse the market. Could we please get a fix that shows activity in the market as activity in the game. I am getting very tired of getting DC'd for being AFK when I am trying to find something specific or compare prices on the market.

I support most of the things made in this thread. Personally, I'd love to see chat bubbles with a on/off toggle to be implemented. That's my biggest concern and will be the only way I ever return to the game after my current subscription expires. Edited by Stubacca

Since this is a thread about little things, here is my list of suggestions of little things.

1. Fix Mesh Graphics of Coats, Capes, etc. which has its bottom part mesh with certain speeders when riding them.

2. Allow Humanoid Companions to sit in the passenger seat of taxi's and speeders which has one.

3. New Hide Weapon function for your character which hides the weapon when your not in combat. Generally suggested since a lot of the bulky chest pieces mesh with the weapons on the belt.

4. Change the Dark alignment function to a Dark/Light alignment Aura function.

5. Add planetary interactions which allows you to do certain things on planets for fun and excitement. Such as feed food to the caged creatures on Korriban.

6. Allow to re-talk to companions after completely finishing their speeches to romance with them if possible.

7. Add Star Wars smilies to the chat box.

8. Combine the tracked Achievements and Quests together. Quests will be at the top, Achievements below it.

9. A quest list of quests that are available which you have not yet started. Should be possible to track them.

10. Gives your character an alert of when your character levels up. This will be like a reminder telling you when new skills are available, skill points to use, new planet to explore is available, etc.

11. Companion gift items list all available companions of how it affects them when you are on your ship.

12. Allow to alter your companions quickbar with their skills. Also allowing you to expand the amount of visible skills on it when its not on the side of the screen.

I think that was all of those little things I wanted.

Could the author go through and change text to Green and add a Green prefix "FIXED" to each item in the list that's been fixed already? For example, "Sending my companions out to sell all my grey junk..." has been fixed with a "Sell Junk" button in vendor windows. There could be others also fixed, I didn't peruse the entire list. This may actually be encouraging over time to be able to scroll the list quickly and remind ourselves what's been fixed in the game.

This might already be in your list, but I've noticed that under many circumstances, even after getting on a vehicle, the weapon is still drawn. Could be a lightsaber still with a glowing blade, or an assault cannon flapping around wildly held in only one hand, but while driving a vehicle it looks ridiculous and is very distracting.

◘ Express fleet transport shuttle icons on map. Currently I have to remember where the express shuttle is located on every planet, if i don't want to use my fleet pass. Also, why doesn't Quesh have a shuttle?

• 3 weeks later...

Love the game, best MMO ever made IN MY VIEW, certainly the most fun I have ever had in one and thats what matters for me.

But for the love of the force (see what I did :p ) once you have been to a planet once and done any feeder quests let us skip the damn orbital stations

To fix the numerous armour mesh, texture and clipping issues. Those are really annoying and end up breaking the immersion. Going to copy paste few Issues that I have posted before in another thread.

I’ve listed numerous mesh and texture related issues below, I’m sure many would like to see them fixed. Some are minor but some are rather major (seriously messed up). I've also emailed this to support. Reporting anything with the in-game support thingy seems to be completely useless from my experience. All these problems give sloppy and cheap feeling about the came, let alone the "we do not care" feeling. I keep adding more issues once I spot them.

Example image (Figures 1-12)

Gap between hood and character’s back (female body type 2). Figure 1.

- Supreme Inquisitor’s Robe

- Jedi Myrmidon’s Chestguard

- Reinforced Hollinium Chestguard

- Force Battle Chestguard (republic variant)

- Pretty much every hood in the game has this issue; however, Traditional Thermoweave Vestments (empire variant) does not have that gap. Figure 2.

“Broken” cloth animation in Warbringer’s Body Armor, it doesn’t react to legs touching it. Gender or body type doesn’t seem to matter. Figure 3.

- There are many variants with different texture but same mesh, heavy and medium armours. All empire versions have this issue.

- Warrior’s Pulsing Chestguard, Indignation Chestguard…

Floating shoulder guards (female body type 2, at least). Figure 4.

- Sorcerer Expert Vestments

Broken mesh for Tionese Force-Mystic’s Boots (and probably other boots that use same mesh i.e. Rakata version for example, empire variant). Figure 5.

Preceptor’s Vestments, cloth clipping through the robe. Figure 6.

Minor texture issues (republic variants). Figure 7.

- [Prototype] RD-13B Striker Chestguard

- Chanlon Onslaught Chestguard

- [Prototype] RD-12B War Chestguard

- Tempered Laminoid Chestguard

- etc… However, Phobium Onslaught Chestguard doesn't have this issue.

Major texture issues in Traditional Nylite Boots (republic variant, gender or body type doesn’t seem to matter). Figure 8.

Backplate issues on certain jedi robes (republic variants, female body type 2, especially when headgear disables hood). Can look quite annoying from some camera angles. Figure 9, figure 10.

- Force Battle Chestguard (republic variant)

- Jedi Battlelord’s Chestguard

- Honored Adept’s Shroud

- Every chestguard with that backplate. Especially annoying if the model lacks shoulder guards.

Bugged cloth (republic variants, female body type 2). Noticeable when running and jumping. Figure 11, figure 12.

- Force Evangelist’s Shroud

- Traditional Thermoweave Vestments

- Robe of the Force Nimbus

- Other variants (Athiss drop)

Jedi Sage's Gloves and Traditional Demicot Gloves (republic variants) have have issue near wrist. It looks bugged at least on female body type 2.

http://abload.de/img/swtor2013-05-2819-02-r1u69.png

http://abload.de/img/swtor2013-05-2819-06-rmu90.png

Gunslinger's Jacket could use some tweaking too. On body type 2 female characters the collar/sleeve or what ever you call it snaps to head which makes it look weird when head turns.

Example:

http://abload.de/img/swtor2013-06-0613-59-owxlf.png

- Regal Apparel Tiara doesn't hide hoods which ends up looking rather ridiculous.

- Regal Apparel Miniskirt has major clipping when moving (female body type 2). Example.

Edited by Eraan

◘ Would it be possible that when you level up, you automatically get all buffs. I have them all through legacy so it wouldn't apply to me but for the new players I would expose them to being able to obtain them all. Also, as an optional addition, give us the difference between the max xp needed from the previous level and the new currently level in rested xp. So if the previous level required 275,000 and the new level requires 295,000 to next level, grant us 20,000 in rested xp.

◘ Make all flashpoints normal, hard, and NiM. This way we can all queue for them. Of course normal is normal, make hard 5 levels higher and NiM 10 levels higher or change all mobs to strong and elite.

GTN should save last used price/duration for selled item. For example, if I choose to sell some adrenal for 20k and for 2 days the next time I want to sell the same adrenal the price should be preset to 20k and 2 days duration.

GTN's "usable by" filter setting keep reseting if you close and reopen GTN window.

Dragging item into GTN search filter name field should paste the name of the item into that field - that will help finding current offers for the item before selling it. And will help to buy more of the same item.

◘ Upgrade legacy and companion flame thrower. Bounty Hunter flame thrower was recently given a cosmetic upgrade with more flames, but the other are still the same.

◘ Add achievement share to Facebook.

◘ Make other space stations as lively as the one on Mekeb. It gives it more realism to see more traffic from NPCs coming and going. Hard to believe that other planets aren't as lively. Where do the civilians go to travel off world that are republic and imperial aligned?

◘ Republic speeders on Alderaan and Coruscant have odd travel routes. I have to go halfway across the map just to go to a destination that's across the way. Both republic and imperials speeders on Nar Shaddaa do the same.

• 2 weeks later...

◘ Allow complexed family trees and multiple relations. Example: I want my Sorcerer and my Juggernaut to be friends, my Sentinel to be enemies with my Juggernaut, my Shadow to be friends with my Sentinel, and my Sorcerer to be enemies with my Shadow. Essentially forming a square.

Once a relationship has been established we no longer have access to other nodes. I can't have an apprentice if I have a friend and enemy. Can't have more than one friend or enemy.