Anyone using Pierce?

TheronFett

I have a 50 Jugg tank and always used Vette while leveling, and Quinn on rare occasions.

Now that I'm leveling a Marauder, I really want something different. I realize that all tank companions are pretty lackluster. My BH has a Rakata-geared Blizz, and he's still relatively squishy. But...I really want to like Pierce.

Is anyone using him with good results? I just outfitted Pierce with the L40 PvP BH tanking set (Coercion?) and I can't help but feel like I'm still better off with Quinn.

Depends on your marauder's spec, and what stance you put Pierce in. I actually cycle through all the companions when doing PvE stuff. Not to mention that Pierce has the same personality quirks as Grunt from ME2. If you gear him a certain way, you can give him the Krogan look too. :D

I don't believe in using Quinn as a crutch/safety blanket combination all the time. Regardless of your companion, don't forget that you can use legacy abilities when you use the Heroic Moment, and the Legacy Force Choke can do over 3k damage a tick.

All in all, it depends on how well you mod his gear, your spec, and whether or not you put him on autopilot or actively use his abilities.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.