confusing loyalty gain with Bowdaar

Karkais

I just finished "that thing Czerka found" in Tatooine on my Smuggler, where I discover a rakata mindbox with its inhabitant in Tatooine. Czerka headman Leksende shows up and makes me an offer of credits for the rakata device.

I take the bribe and... Bowdaar gives me HUGE loyalty bonus, (182 points). This left me completely confused, what exactly was in letting Czerka have that dangerous rakata device that Bowdaar approves so much? Nothing that I can see.. does someone have any good ideas or explanation?

Edited by Karkais

The fact that you took the bribe itself, maybe?

Wouldnt even that be in contradiction with Bowdaars ideas since he likes honour etc? It doesn't even say that he likes money.. Which would be weird anyway since he has been a slave for 100 years..

Likes: A good fight against worthy foes, protecting the weak, personal honor

Dislikes: Cruelty, bullying, slavery, respecting authority that’s in the wrong

Edited by Karkais

Wouldnt even that be in contradiction with Bowdaars ideas since he likes honour etc? It doesn't even say that he likes money.. Which would be weird anyway since he has been a slave for 100 years..

That is weird. In Qyzen's case he says he likes honor as well and every time the Consular accepts a bribe his affection dips. Weird.

well I had a companion quest convo with him that implied that Bowdaar actually appreciates "business", in other words, gaining money, but its just not mentioned in his codex entry. I guess this must be it even though it left me completely confused at the time. Edited by Karkais

I'd also point out that the creature in the box represents all the things Bowdaar dislikes - cruelty, bullying, slavery, respecting authority that’s in the wrong.

Maybe he actually thinks it's fitting that you make a profit from stopping it and it ends up with Czerka in the end?

• 2 weeks later...

I am quite sure that's a bug, because apparently you always gain the high rep bonus, no matter who you're with.

Elaboration: I am playing as a (kinda) dark side character, so of course I'll try to avoid amassing light side points when possible. Since getting 150 points of LS would have been a pain, I handed the machine over to Leksende and was really puzzled when I gained 136 affection with Kira. I resetted the conversation because I assumed it was a display bug (perhaps a minus missing in front of the value?) and restarted it, this time with my equally LS droid companion t7. Same story, gained 150 DS points and 120 affection.

Long story short, no matter what personality your companion has, apparently you'll always get max +affection for handing over the device until they fix this.

I am pretty sure I got negative points with corso on my smuggler but it was a long time ago so I could be wrong

I did it recently with Corso. I believe it was +120 affection.

Edited by Uluain