Rude people

TheNegotiator

After Turbine went Free To Play I was all for it, thinking community would grow. 6 months later uninstalled the game after deleting all of my toons. Was totally disgusted with the hate, racism, hostility towards anyone grouping that frankly the community ended up being rotten to the core....

Here in SWTOR finding out real fast since server mergers that North American Servers that normally play on (Ebon Hawk both factions) have turned into a rude, hateful anti-deaf, anti-grouping outside of warzones/flashpoint type of server... (have tried the other North America RP and PVE servers and ran into the same thing.... Not going to touch those pvp servers where the cheaters/gankers love to play)

So tried playing on the UK RP Server and found the community there to be polite and less rude then the North American Servers and I live in North America..

The Progenitor right? I love that server. I made one character there and ever since I haven't touched my other characters that are rotting on a PvP server :p

Edited by Skorz

I'm leveling my Inquistor I hit the quest Forgotten evil on Voss I was level 48 at that time. It's a class quest I solo'd it with my BH. I tried everything all companions various buffs. My companions are decently geared but not the best. I'll be 50 soon I'm not regearing them till then. So I yell out on chat looking for help. Of coarse from a certain player I won't name gives me this is a solo able quest. I ignore him and finally just said Forget it for now and move on. An hour or so later he yells out looking for help on the same quest! So I offered we do mine first then I help you with yours. He never replied back. Oh I didn't ignore him in the game options just in real life. Lol once I get my 50 gear I'll go back. I may try it tonight with Xalek I have him now. Still not sure about him.

I run into folks like this all the time on "The shadowlands" server. I just kill them with kindness pretty much because that seems to infuriate them even more. The only mental image im left with is that im still happy and they are throwing their drink across the room. Edited by HiltoftheDragon
spelling

I'm leveling my Inquistor I hit the quest Forgotten evil on Voss I was level 48 at that time. It's a class quest I solo'd it with my BH. I tried everything all companions various buffs. My companions are decently geared but not the best. I'll be 50 soon I'm not regearing them till then. So I yell out on chat looking for help. Of coarse from a certain player I won't name gives me this is a solo able quest. I ignore him and finally just said Forget it for now and move on. An hour or so later he yells out looking for help on the same quest! So I offered we do mine first then I help you with yours. He never replied back. Oh I didn't ignore him in the game options just in real life. Lol once I get my 50 gear I'll go back. I may try it tonight with Xalek I have him now. Still not sure about him.

Is that the quest with the avatar of sel makor if it is than its really hard to solo.

I've already read comments from people on third party sites talking about how they are going to play swtor when it goes f2p just to grief people....so prepare yourselves, the trolls are coming.

Which harkens back to what I've been saying all along....its not the game, its the players.

We've been lucky on Corellian Run. Still a good crowd there. I've had farmers come up while I was fighting a mob, help kill it, then stand there to see if I was just clearing the mob to get at the node. I've done the same.

Don't just ignore them, report them too.

People should grow thicker skins, my ignore list is still in single digits and I've been playing since early access.

It's the internet people, a certain level of *******ery has to be maintained.

So if more people start to steal candy, we should what, buy additional candy? "its the internet" is no excuse for failed behavior or lack of common courtesy. That is the problem with society today, the line in the sand continually gets pushed back with this faulty logic.

"your" poor behavior is not "my" problem. Its "yours" (using the rhetorical "you" of course)

It's already huge on Harbinger. People there are allergic to grouping so you have to grab stuff fast. Send your comp in to get aggro, grab item and THEN start killing the mobs...otherwise your quest item will be ninja'd. Need a quest mob killed for quest? Do your insta attack and THEN send in comp (even if you're a healer)...otherwise that small delay will be just enough opening for a ninja to tag the mob and you have to wait for respawn. Great community that I'm so glad was saved by not having xserver lfg /sarcasm . And lol at the 'self-police advocates'.

Many times I have wished, I still do, I could have my EQ Necro here in SWTOR. Ninja me then, you'd learn just what FD is and does. Can you say TRAIN!...

I wasn't referring to ninja looters and getting ambushed when you are green. That is small time compared to what I see going on.

It was more about people in group that could care less what they say to others (sarcastic and disrespectful comments directed at strangers). Worse are those who quit the group without saying anything...or those who vote out players just because they can (cliques).

I wish I had a list of the most ignored people on my server, so I could ignore them ahead of time before I had the displeasure of grouping with them.
My biggest reason for not wanting to play anymore are the hundreds of idiots, buffoons, self entitles and other assorted dregs who are just rude, ignorant and obnoxious.

I wasn't referring to ninja looters and getting ambushed when you are green. That is small time compared to what I see going on.

It was more about people in group that could care less what they say to others (sarcastic and disrespectful comments directed at strangers). Worse are those who quit the group without saying anything...or those who vote out players just because they can (cliques).

Have to agree with the grouping part. It's far more annoying than ninja looters. I was on Harbinger and grouping there seems to be 50-50 on finding good players who's willing to help each other. One bad experience would be when I was at a Heroics area and 1 player 4 levels below the area requirement suddenly invites me to group up. I ask in group if he got all the runes but no reply. Then he proceeded to rush at the enemies without waiting for me. He aggro-ed like 3 elites, I tried to help+heal him and when the mobs turn to me, what did he do, he ran away and left me to die. Safe to say I decided to leave without saying anything.

For good grouping experience, I found that whenever I volunteer to help some people who's LFG (mission) on general chat, more often I'll get players who will help each other. At 1 time, we managed to finish his mission but had to redo mine, and he's willing to help even though it took us 2 tries and another group who ambushed the console thus spawning two bosses instead of 1 lol. I'd say grouping really depends on luck.

In my experience, there is a slight difference in rudeness between servers. I have had little trouble with rudeness on the Nightmare Lands, but I have had some trouble on the Red Eclipse while I am on there far less.

im on both nightmare and red and can confirm red eclipse has a couple of idiots on it but you learn to ignore em pertty quick. outside of that, you dont get many problems with rudeness ... well, until f2p starts, anyway.

nightmare lands has more idiot on it that red eclipse, there is no doubt.

i can also confirm, the pub side is a lot ruder and more childish than the imps.

personally, id love a shared ignore list for all characters on the same server.

it annoys me to ignore one idiot and then log over to an alt ... to find i have to view their stupid comments again until i ignore em.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.