congrats you broke pvp!

wigglebooty

*** did you do in the last patch? I just won a wz had 270k damage done, 45k protection, 15 badges and I got 81 comms? How is that even possible. You screwed up coms again didnt you. You also broke cc's and pulls. I have 104% accuracy, yet people with no resolve are not stunned by my stuns, and grapple, good luck getting it to actually work, its about a 1 out of 10 chace to actually pull anyone now. *** did you do!!!!

*** did you do in the last patch? I just won a wz had 270k damage done, 45k protection, 15 badges and I got 81 comms? How is that even possible. You screwed up coms again didnt you. You also broke cc's and pulls. I have 104% accuracy, yet people with no resolve are not stunned by my stuns, and grapple, good luck getting it to actually work, its about a 1 out of 10 chace to actually pull anyone now. *** did you do!!!!

15 badges and 81 comms? Congrats on losing the match.

QQ

15 badges and 81 comms? Congrats on losing the match.

QQ

It was a WIN that is my complaint. I wish I had taken a screenshot, but I didnt think about it at the time, and it was Voidstar not hutball so it wasnt the reversed team score bug either because we got the datacore and the other team did not get the first door.

I thought amount of comms correlated with the lenght of the game. I guess the extra medals from winning fast are supposed to make up for that but isnt there also a medal cap which somewhat nullifies the point of those extra medals? Either way, it feels like going the full distance in Huttball or winning a tight Novare/CW/VS game always results in more comms than steamrolling in 2-8 minutes.

So......win slower? Reminds me of Halo Reach BTB where we would go in with a team full of Onyx 1% players and spawn kill the other team until they quit.

Edited by MidichIorian

I thought amount of comms correlated with the lenght of the game. I guess the extra medals from winning fast are supposed to make up for that but isnt there also a medal cap that somewhat nullifies the point of those extra medals? Either way, it feels like going the full distance in Huttball or winning a tight Novare/CW/VS game always results in more comms than steamrolling in 2-8 minutes.

So......win slower? Reminds me of Halo Reach BTB where we would go in with a team full of Onyx 1% players and spawn kill the other team until they quit.

I think you may be on to something, I didnt think it was that fast of a match though.

you got 81 comms because you earned badges and not medals.

And we don't need no stinkin' badges?

Other folks have been complaining about this lately: excellent stats, few commendations.

OP -- did you file a bug report? I'm not sure that support reads the PvP forum.

games have been awarding less comms since the patch that broke EC. There were people complaining about it a few days earlier as well. They broke that too, no worries they'll fix it sometime soon
I'm not a computer wizzard but how do they even manage to break stuff that they werent supposed to touch in the first place? It's like every part of the game is coded randomely with bits of PvP code mixed with codes for operations.

For what it's worth -- was just in a win in Voidstar. I had a so-so game, 8 medals, 125 commendations.

We got the cores with about 90 secs to spare. The enemy got further than I thought they would, but they were stopped in the bridge area, before they were able to shut off the forcefields and get down the stairs.

since 1.2 rewards have been calculated based on team performance. you got 15 medals. big deal, did all your team get that many? did they all work objectives? these are taken into account for comm disbursement. :)

hint, if the bar is white next to their portrait you will not be able to pull or push them.;)

I think the length of the game played determines the number of comms. If you finished in 2 min or so, the other team has that much time so the total game time is short. In terms of medals, it does not matter if you got 10 or 100 medals, as long as it is more than 8, you maxed your gain in terms of medals.

Also, grapple/stun part has some trick to do. If you are trying to stun/grapple a juggernaut with unstoppable (and its mirror) it won't work after they charge. Also, the opponent's defensive stat is subtracted from your accuracy to determine the percentage of "hit" chance. My character has 15% defense chance. If you try a ranged attack, your accuracy minus my defense, 104-15=89. So, 89% of the time it is a hit, and 11% of the time it is a miss. And you need to figure in the defensive CD. I have a defensive CD that increase my defenses by 50%. So, that means, most likely you will miss during that time. So, if your stun is also based on ranged attack, it will apply the same rules (I don't know if your stun is tech attack or ranged attack). If it is tech attack, and if you are shooting it at a shadow/assassin, they have a defensive CD that make them immune to all tech/force attack as well. So, your stun would not work on them (if it is a tech attack).

I did not see anything different since the patch btw

OP is right, had the same thing yesterday, my grapple ans stuns half the time dident work on players with no resolve etc.And the com system is just plain beyond bad as it always have been, some matches with losses ans less medals one can actually get more then wins with equal of medals.Just a poor random system.

I think the length of the game played determines the number of comms. If you finished in 2 min or so, the other team has that much time so the total game time is short. In terms of medals, it does not matter if you got 10 or 100 medals, as long as it is more than 8, you maxed your gain in terms of medals.

Also, grapple/stun part has some trick to do. If you are trying to stun/grapple a juggernaut with unstoppable (and its mirror) it won't work after they charge. Also, the opponent's defensive stat is subtracted from your accuracy to determine the percentage of "hit" chance. My character has 15% defense chance. If you try a ranged attack, your accuracy minus my defense, 104-15=89. So, 89% of the time it is a hit, and 11% of the time it is a miss. And you need to figure in the defensive CD. I have a defensive CD that increase my defenses by 50%. So, that means, most likely you will miss during that time. So, if your stun is also based on ranged attack, it will apply the same rules (I don't know if your stun is tech attack or ranged attack). If it is tech attack, and if you are shooting it at a shadow/assassin, they have a defensive CD that make them immune to all tech/force attack as well. So, your stun would not work on them (if it is a tech attack).

I did not see anything different since the patch btw

I understand what you are saying about the def chance and I can assure you this is not the issue I am having. It may account for 1 or two of the misses but not the majority. It was no exaggeration in stating 8-9 out of 10 are now missing. I can even recreate the bug by simply moving while casting it. It is a must to be stationary while casting grapple for any hope of it working now. Ever since the whole air vents in hutball baouncing people out of sync issue and supposed bug fix, pulls charges ect have never been they same. the only thing the same about them is every little patch the bugs the encounter change slightly. charging someone on a second tier and then land on the lower tier under them in the middle of the ramp bouncing for 3 or 4 secs until you come back into sync. My point was simply there is indeed something still wrong with pulls charges and kcockbacks causing sync issues.

As for the match it ran nearly full duration, as the defending team first we held them at the first door, as the attacking team we took the datacore with less than 1 minute left in the match. I understand the match did not go "full" duration but it went long enough imo to warrant more than roughly half the normal reward was my point. I still do not think this is working as intended, I understand the less badges for less than full wz's but I also know that since Thursday I have been gaining pvp coms a lot slower than usual and this was something I noticed that may be the cause.