PvE Balance Junkies Assemble!

Xinika

Preferably top-tier geared PvE players, however casual PvErs can add some input as well. Min/Maxing for Balance for absolute maximum damage output potential. What are your stats? What relic setup do you use?

Power?

Crit?

Surge?

Accuracy?

Willpower?

How much DPS on the dummy do you generally parse with your setup? Please share this information. I have some experimentation and testing to get too :). Thank you.

Edited by Xinika

I only have pvp gear to contribute with, my PVE is a mix of rakata / BH but i've been bored with it lately and haven't even bothered to augment it. I'm wearing full WH augmented with the PVE stalker set bonus (im using 4 columi pieces with pvp mods). The following is using my rakata WP stim and fully raid buffed:

HP: 19896

End: 1720

WP: 1800

Melee dmg: 933-1128

Bonus dmg: 544 (569 power)

Accuracy: 99.36% (265 acc)

Crit chance: 40.70% (418 crit)

Crit Multi: 75.14% (265 surge)

I find these stats pretty much optimal for balance and my PVE set has similar amounts.

Edited by parbs

i'm glad my pvp idol is considering pve and i'm more than happy to give my input as you've helped me tons in pvp!

i have end game, BiS (minus 1 earpiece that won't drop), min/max gear and stats according to Simulation Craft (i say that bc most people say certain stats are supposed to be certain values, eg. crit 35%, accy 98%)

armory link shows it all.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/940f86d0-899f-47f7-8862-ea19e2fae117

on a 5min ops test dummy, i average 1700dps. live, i do about 1300dps.

i rock 2x power war hero relics.

(melee + all class buffs)

power: 880

crit: 37.94%

surge: 75.82%

accy: 99.89%

wp: 1999

combat parse for a hm ec 16

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/29430976-7798-41fe-b3c1-ed8abf549710/overview#d=0,f=40,b=1

The Bastion

Adrenalynn

<Methodical>

Edited by jphuynh

i'm glad my pvp idol is considering pve and i'm more than happy to give my input as you've helped me tons in pvp!

i have end game, BiS (minus 1 earpiece that won't drop), min/max gear and stats according to Simulation Craft (i say that bc most people say certain stats are supposed to be certain values, eg. crit 35%, accy 98%)

armory link shows it all.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/940f86d0-899f-47f7-8862-ea19e2fae117

on a 5min ops test dummy, i average 1700dps. live, i do about 1300dps.

i rock 2x power war hero relics.

(melee + all class buffs)

power: 880

crit: 37.94%

surge: 75.82%

accy: 99.89%

wp: 1999

combat parse for a hm ec 16

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/29430976-7798-41fe-b3c1-ed8abf549710/overview#d=0,f=40,b=1

The Bastion

Adrenalynn

<Methodical>

What is ur rotation ( i have no clue about balance ) ?

Thanks for the responses! I'm wondering about the WH relic vs the Proc relic. Trying to find justification behind it's usage, but the raw power from the WH is undeniable. Anyone w/ the proc relic found good results in it's usage?

For PvE i'd definitely use a campaign proc relic combined with a campaign power on use (provided the fight has required burst periods, otherwise i'll use the PVP war hero power relic). On every single parse i've analyzed while using balance the proc relic has come ahead on numbers by about 1%. The WH power relic adds approx 2.5% overall damage whereas the proc sits around 3.5%, while running Infiltration theyre about 2.5% a piece - dont forget that the proc relic doesn't share cooldown with our techniques, and it can also Crit - not to mention the extra endurance of the PVE relics over the PVP ones.

In pvp however i find the proc one less useful, i want to know where i'm sending the majority of the damage and if i've dotted someone else or fired a force in balance at a group it's not guaranteed to proc on my main target.

Edited by parbs

Preferably top-tier geared PvE players, however casual PvErs can add some input as well. Min/Maxing for Balance for absolute maximum damage output potential. What are your stats? What relic setup do you use?

Power?

Crit?

Surge?

Accuracy?

Willpower?

How much DPS on the dummy do you generally parse with your setup? Please share this information. I have some experimentation and testing to get too :). Thank you.

For the sake of comparison and the fact there's no where else to post for Infiltration (because I'm the only one left) I thought I'd put down my stats for comparison :)

This is raid buffed and stimed...

Power 909

Crit 34.93%

Surge 77.36%

Accuracy 98.24

Willpower 2073

Strength 137

Health 20575

I'm parsing on the Ops dummy 1600 dps (not using adrenals) On NMP my best parse was around 1225 dps.

I have trialed many configurations of relics - campaign proc + on use versus 2 X war hero boundless and combinations of the two... I'm currently running with the 2 X war hero boundless and I use the exotech attack adrenal for any burst requirements.

I have contemplated switching to balance but I really enjoy the infiltation spec and am holding on for dear life they'll make improvements to the tree - I'm in the top 2 for DPS in my raid group and am now pretty much always within 0.1 - 1% of the top DPSer (Sentinel) on OPS Bosses - On trash I'm always no.1 <- they should have a title for this "Trash Killer"

Power-1163

Crit-29.95%

Surge 79.79%

Accuracy 94%

Willpower 1810 inc stim

Relics WH boundless ages and relic of dark radiance.

Parsing 1750 on the dummy as Infil, would try as balance but FiB targetting gives me a headache. 5 min test with adrenals on CD.It could scrape alittle higher but I cant vanish.

Raid Buffed, Stimed(rakata), all datacrons, and companions +:

WillPower : 2113

Power : 903

Damage : (Pri)1082 - 1277

Bonus Damage : 692.6

Accuracy : 99.89% (Acc rating 285)

Critical Chance : 39.65% (Crit rating 317)

Critical Multiplier : 75.82% (Surge rating 285)

I been min/maxing using SimC and this is the gear layout i came up with BiS and have finally obtained. I could switch one of the augments but it doesn't change the DPS so I left it.

Profile http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/fcf0f2c2-2e7c-4dbf-b22b-d4d75c4991bc

I switched to using project recently, since SimC now shows a gain in DPS with project. Still have to test further.

Will update with combat operations dummy parse and a raid, will see if I have last nights 16man HM EC run.

WH relics both slots. There could be some situations where a proc relic would help more.

Lu'cius

P.S Adrenalynn when i use your profile in SimC i get 1946 DPS, using mine i get 1957 DPS. What are your settings in SimC?

Edited by ICSWOR
adding aditional information

What is ur rotation ( i have no clue about balance ) ?

PRIORITY DPS ROTATION:

1.Spinning Strike (at <30% hp)

2.FiB (w/e off cd)

3.Mind Crush (only w/ proc: a purple icon on buff bar)

4.Shadow Strike (w/ proc: a green icon on buff bar)

5.Force Breach (upon expiration or close to ending: red icon on boss debuff bar)

6.Sever Force (upon expiration or close to ending: green icon on boss debuff bar)

7.Double Strike (filler everytime when everything else is on CD)

8.Saber Strike (only if out of force)

I'm parsing on the Ops dummy 1600 dps (not using adrenals) On NMP my best parse was around 1225 dps.

I have trialed many configurations of relics - campaign proc + on use versus 2 X war hero boundless and combinations of the two... I'm currently running with the 2 X war hero boundless and I use the exotech attack adrenal for any burst requirements.

I have contemplated switching to balance but I really enjoy the infiltation spec and am holding on for dear life they'll make improvements to the tree - I'm in the top 2 for DPS in my raid group and am now pretty much always within 0.1 - 1% of the top DPSer (Sentinel) on OPS Bosses - On trash I'm always no.1 <- they should have a title for this "Trash Killer"

I'm glad to hear you stayed true to Infiltration, wish i could have stayed but numbers dont lie ;/

Power-1163

Crit-29.95%

Surge 79.79%

Accuracy 94%

Willpower 1810 inc stim

Relics WH boundless ages and relic of dark radiance.

Parsing 1750 on the dummy as Infil, would try as balance but FiB targetting gives me a headache. 5 min test with adrenals on CD.It could scrape alittle higher but I cant vanish.

Perhaps you can link your rotation as I may be missing something bc the last time I tried infiltration, I was at most 1200dps live, 1500 on an ops test dummy. And a link to a combat parse log would very much be appreciated.

For PvE i'd definitely use a campaign proc relic combined with a campaign power on use (provided the fight has required burst periods, otherwise i'll use the PVP war hero power relic). On every single parse i've analyzed while using balance the proc relic has come ahead on numbers by about 1%. The WH power relic adds approx 2.5% overall damage whereas the proc sits around 3.5%, while running Infiltration theyre about 2.5% a piece - dont forget that the proc relic doesn't share cooldown with our techniques, and it can also Crit - not to mention the extra endurance of the PVE relics over the PVP ones.

In pvp however i find the proc one less useful, i want to know where i'm sending the majority of the damage and if i've dotted someone else or fired a force in balance at a group it's not guaranteed to proc on my main target.

Iono what to believe now, my guildies swear by the 2x war hero power relics that it gives a 1% increase in DPS, but you claim otherwise lol. I personally use 2x war hero power relics though.

I switched to using project recently, since SimC now shows a gain in DPS with project. Still have to test further.

Will update with combat operations dummy parse and a raid, will see if I have last nights 16man HM EC run.

Lu'cius

P.S Adrenalynn when i use your profile in SimC i get 1946 DPS, using mine i get 1957 DPS. What are your settings in SimC?

Wow, project now is viable? I'd like to see some combat parse logs for this, also, where do you fit it into the rotation then? As far as my settings go, its pretty much stock settings. Gearwise, its almost identical with the exception of the 2 best/wrist armorings AND you seem to have 1 extra crit mod or enh somewhere over a power one. Please get back to me bc I'd like to see this project addition. But I have a friend that also runs with his SC, and my profile seems to give me a lower dps output than his, though he is not all BiS as my char (minus the 2 armorings), so go figure. Hmm, then again, live combat is totally diff from simulation combat, so these values are kinda arbitrary from SC, combat logs tell it all.

Edited by jphuynh

PRIORITY DPS ROTATION:

1.Spinning Strike (at <30% hp)

2.FiB (w/e off cd)

3.Mind Crush (only w/ proc: a purple icon on buff bar)

4.Shadow Strike (w/ proc: a green icon on buff bar)

5.Force Breach (upon expiration or close to ending: red icon on boss debuff bar)

6.Sever Force (upon expiration or close to ending: green icon on boss debuff bar)

7.Double Strike (filler everytime when everything else is on CD)

8.Saber Strike (only if out of force)

thx ! btw check ur PM and in game mail :) i saw ur thread looking for an off tank during weekends replay me back if u still need 1 or know any other grps raiding at weekends or morning .

thx again for the balance info

I've been mostly playing as tank recently so don't have many logs I can share. I do, however, much prefer DPS but I got frustrated with my inability to hit the high numbers. As infiltration I simply can't break 1400dps in a live boss fight. As balance I can get higher, however, because our DoTs share the same icons as sages it is a real pain to keep track of who's is who's.

Anyways, KP Nightmare as Infiltration:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/b9ccb330-f2ed-49b3-b885-046b30ed8969/overview#d=0,b=1

KP Normal as Balance:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/06edddb9-baed-4831-a371-501aa4f15c99/overview#d=0,f=119,b=1

For some reason the logs got really screwed for KP normal as we seem to have a pug's data shoved in there too. Not sure how that happened so linked directly to Jarg and Sorno where I managed 1490dps.

My gear is fully augmented Rakata with a few black hole pieces. Roughly 1900 willpower, 950 power, 37% crit in balance, 72.5% surge.

Got a long way to go on my DPS gear but like I said, I've been focusing on tanking lately.