Deciding Species

FlyingGroundhog

Hi! I've been having lots of trouble picking a species for my main character... which will be a light side Jedi Guardian. Anyways I've been debating whether to use Mirialan, Rattataki, and Pureblood (Sith). I've taken a look at the Purebloods first because their designed intrigued me when the game first came out (first character I did was a SW) but my problems with them is that for one it seems very out of place to have a light side jedi as one, not to mention it specifically says in the lore that they 'feed' off of the dark side force.

Rattataki I'm not too sure about either because for one they are described (at least on the articles about them on Wookieepedia) to essentially be very much an oppressed and enslaved and even war oriented people. I mostly don't have a problem with this but seeing how a Jedi is very much supposed to be a peacekeeper of sorts and be calm and collected and not follow things like revenge (specifically revenge seems to be a common trait a Rattataki might possess because of all of the death and oppression their species has had) -- on that note I was pondering playing kind of a light sided, trying-to-be-good guy who faced troubles with people who had problems with in the past.

Mirialan I've been considering for a few reasons... obviously the other two species I mentioned are not normally playable for Jedi Knights, however I am kinda crazy about playing the right species for me etc. so I don't exactly mind all that much grinding up a guy to 50 just for that. I do like the general idea of Mirialans, they seem kind of like how I think in very much sort of a simple idea of being nice and thoughtful I suppose. I mainly have one problem with them though... the way they look. Thing is, the color of their skin whether it be yellow, green, or amber looks kind of gross to put it simply. I remember when I was younger and I first looked at Luminara Unduli I thought somebody threw-up on her face or something. It's just so terrible of a skin tone... :p also with the tattoos, not so much the tattoos themselves but how it is noted "they are for achievements or tasks the mirialan did" however I tryed finding "patterns" for them, like what pattern means what, like do three triangles on your left cheek mean revenge or something? You get what I mean.

Sorry for the word wall, but I think people here are more patient and interested than some of the other sections. Thanks for the feedback :)

Mirialan, who are naturally Force-sensitive to an extent, and whose culture is based around this affinity, are indeed a very good choice for Jedi Consular.

You'll get used to the green - it's not that bad. Luminara Unduli and Bariss Ofee are my favorite Master & Padawan team, though, so that may color my thinking.

The tattoos were mentioned initially as having a meaning in terms of personal accomplishments in one of the Visual Guides - it was an afterthought, and no real comprehensive association between marks and deeds has been put forward. Feel free to make up whatever suits your character's personal history.

If you had a good backstory you could pull off a pureblood or a rattataki, but even so I'd still probably see them as being more dark or at minimum more "edgy" than a pure lightside knight would be.

Mirialan's a good choice though and you don't see too many of them around, which makes them a little more unique. Their lore fits well as a jedi. I have a consular who is a Mirialan and I made her a beautiful bronze color, with matching hair and eyes, and I really like the look. In the little character icon at the bottom of my screen though she ends up looking like a statue. :D There are two skin tones that you can choose that are not green - the bronze one I chose, which is the last chose on the slider, and the one before it, which I think is a more yellow-y gold. With the right hair you can keep it from looking sickly. I think the deepest, darkest green shade isn't bad either.

Just personally...I use Miralukas for everything Force related, though I'll start using Cathar for Knights when they become available. I don't like the green dudes, the blue guys, or the red people, though I have a friend who uses those three preferentially. They just...look wrong to me.

Still, with the choices you want, Sith Pureblood feels like a Knight to me, while the Mirialans feel like Consulars.

I never thought the Purebloods should be able to be used by anything other than SW, like Chiss for Agent, but now nothing matters because all you need is to unlock them for every class.

Defectors, Spies, adoption.... Imagination.

I recommend if your having trouble, develop a back story for your character. That way you will be more sure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.