The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ship droid pointless.

Newyankalt

There is a Legacy-wide unlock to put a vendor droid on your ship. I think it costs 1mil credits and requires Legacy 10.

The vendor droid sells customizations for your ship droid that give bonuses to every crafting type. I think each customization is 10k credits.

Yup, and you don't have to have the vendor yourself, you can go on someone elses ship and buy them from their vendor.

the ship droids is one of the most important chars on ship

not only does he keep ur ship clean he is there for moral support with the loyalty of a dog

i saw on FB the other day that my ex gf has a new boyfriend, and i was pissed but just logged in game to distract myself, and was in ship and walked by the droid and he said the galaxy would one day tremble in fear at my name, and he already does

thanks bioware, sometimes i wonder if GMs watch us when we play and trigger these events to cheer us up, either way i truly feel blessed :D

Yup, and you don't have to have the vendor yourself, you can go on someone elses ship and buy them from their vendor.

whats the point of this? either way if u leave ur ship to go to another ship - it takes the same time to go to the vendor in the SP or fleet

whats the point of this? either way if u leave ur ship to go to another ship - it takes the same time to go to the vendor in the SP or fleet

They are only sold by the Repair Astromech droid for your ship that you unlock in your legacy?

There is a Legacy-wide unlock to put a vendor droid on your ship. I think it costs 1mil credits and requires Legacy 10.

The vendor droid sells customizations for your ship droid that give bonuses to every crafting type. I think each customization is 10k credits.

Each add-on is 100k credits.

As said above with a little more detail -

"Ship Droid and other non-unique companions:

I will start by mentioning the ship droid and the unique bonuses he provides to all classes. In order to buy the repair droid, you need 1,000,000 credits and legacy level 7. In order to use the sensors, you need legacy level 12, and each sensor costs 100,000 credits and is legacy bound (meaning you can mail it around). You are able to purchase sensors from another player's repair droid and save yourself 1,000,000 credits. I have personally confirmed this. You still need legacy level 12 and 100,000 credits of course.

These are the bonuses you can have him use:

Engineering Droid Sensor: +5 scavenging efficiency, +5 cybertech critical

Exploration Droid Sensor: +5 archeology efficiency, +5 synthweaving critical

Hunter Droid Sensor: +10 investigation efficiency, +2 armstech critical

Medical Droid Sensor: +10 Biochem Efficiency, +2 Diplomacy Critical

Scout Droid Sensor: +10 Artifice Efficiency, +2 Treasure Hunting Critical

Security Droid Sensor: +10 Armormech Efficiency, +2 Underworld Trading Critical"

I hate this iron-can before, but now i found - he not bad as crafter/mission droid, especially with 10000+ affection :D

Engineering Droid Sensor

+5 Scavenging Efficiency

+5 Cybertech Critical

Exploration Droid Sensor

+5 Archeology Efficiency

+5 Synthweaving Critical

Hunter Droid Sensor

+10 Investigation Efficiency

+2 Armstech Critical

Medical Droid Sensor

+10 Biochem Efficiency

+2 Diplomacy Critical

Scout Droid Sensor

+10 Artifice Efficiency

+2 Treasure hunting Critical

Security Droid Sensor

+10 Armormech Efficiency

+2 Underworld Trading Critical

When you leave your ship docked on whatever planet and use your Fleet Pass to go to the station, you eventually have to leave. Then you go to your docking bay on the station and find your ship waiting for you. Who do you think flew your ship there and somehow managed it at no cost to you?