No Expanded Space Game?

qamarnahaar

I guess it may be a little early to speculate about this, but one of the things I was really looking forward to long term was an expansion that really broke out the space game of the rails (similar perhaps to what SWG offered). Now with the game going to Free to Play, I don't imagine there will be an investment in major expansions to the game (major new worlds, new classes, expanded space game, etc), just endless nickle and dime boost to the existing content. I really enjoyed this game, in no small part because I was looking forward to the long term potential, but since the Free to Play announcement, I've just been too bummed to even log in.

So, my question does anyone think it's possible that there may be future major expansions now?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A space combat sim doesn't represent a huge development cost. There is a reason why flight sims existed many years before FPS. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_(video_game) ~ 1 space sim to rule them all.

Many of the models that would be used, are already in the game. And creating additional vehicle models is nowhere as complicated as creating something as large as a FP or Op. In fact, the crude engine behind the current space game is probably adequate to build a more robust "off rails" space flight sim on top of.

Given the way it opened up game play to an expanded player base for SWG, it's a big feature to attract new players. Because it introduces an entirely different experience to the game.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a massive overhaul of space AS the first expansion.

I would rather they forget about this but I can see why some people want it. This isnt x wing, I thought the space stuff was a nice little mini game but no more than that. It will probably come eventually though. Edited by bannsider

I would rather they forget about this but I can see why some people want it. This isnt x wing, I thought the space stuff was a nice little mini game but no more than that. It will probably come eventually though.

Why would you want them to forget about it? This one thing alone will bring back many many players.

Ok cool so the one thing that will make swtor breathe life again you don't want lol... Smart.. Sounds to me like your not a big star wars fan..

Space combat was an add on to TOR not a core mechanic. The last thing they should do is pour masses of development time from a reduced staff into a single mini game.

Space combat was an add on to TOR not a core mechanic. The last thing they should do is pour masses of development time from a reduced staff into a single mini game.

#1 the space expansion isn't and single mini game. It's a mmo inside of an mmo basically.

#2 the layoffs were coming no matter what. Take the time to look into how game developing cycles work. They ramp up the team 6-12 months before release. Mostly artist/mod dealers all working on a one year contract.. They know the chance of them becoming perm full time employees after release is slim to none. After release all mmos teams get smaller... Try using google to learn a few things about this and you will see all gaming companies work this way.

They teach you this in gaming 101 in college..

Also, Bioware didn't even make the space game another company did, if the game is short of cash they are not going to pay other people to develop the game.

They have been working in house on the space expansion since before launch.. Trust me it's no after thought. It's coming if you like it or not.

Your the expert, but try not to be too sad when you dont get your space game anytime soon. Its a minigame they have bigger issues to deal with.

What bigger issues are you talking about.. They have tons of on ground content made. One of the biggest things they can do to up sub is have a massive open space game like the one their working release. Your not really making any sense.

What bigger issues are you talking about.. They have tons of on ground content made. One of the biggest things they can do to up sub is have a massive open space game like the one their working release. Your not really making any sense.

And just how do you know they're working on a fully realized space expansion? Sources, please.

Your certain you arent talking about eve? you seem to the the only person on the internet who knows about this "space mmo within an mmo"

Your certain you arent talking about eve? you seem to the the only person on the internet who knows about this "space mmo within an mmo"

Oh yea I am I thought this was the eve forum. Try using google some I know you don't want your dream of a star wars game being space less messed up but it's happening.

Oh yea I am I thought this was the eve forum. Try using google some I know you don't want your dream of a star wars game being space less messed up but it's happening.

Oh ive no doubt goggle can lead to vague hints of space expansions, but im yet to see anything on or off this forum that shows a true space expansion. But feel free to prove your claim.

Oh ive no doubt goggle can lead to vague hints of space expansions, but im yet to see anything on or off this forum that shows a true space expansion. But feel free to prove your claim.

Won't have too very shortly and then you will wonder how the heck did I know lol... Have a good day and google has more than vague stuff the des give a lot of interviews outside of swtor. Feel free to work and find it.

A minigame(or maxigame) that should have been included in the release of this game. What with it being Star Wars and all; space is a huge, huge part of the Star Wars universe and currently it's only represented by a mediocre minigame. Now BioWare either have two choices; they soldier on with bringing out classic MMO content like flashpoints, Ops and Warzones, which will cause them to(and already has) lose players/subscriptions to WoW. Or they can set their sights big and develop something good that really sets the game apart from other MMO's, a reason for people to play their game over Blizzards other than the Star Wars IP.

Edited by Nyoro

A minigame(or maxigame) that should have been included in the release of this game. What with it being Star Wars and all; space is a huge, huge part of the Star Wars universe and currently it's only represented by a mediocre minigame. Now BioWare either have two choices, they soldier on with bringing out classic MMO content like flashpoints, Ops and Warzones, which will cause them to(and already has) lose players/subscriptions to WoW. Or they can set their sights big and develop something good that really sets the game apart from other MMO's, a reason for people to play their game over Blizzards other than the Star Wars IP.

No point in wasting valuable time on this guy. He's a negative nancy...

What is your problem? Star Wars needs open space, not some lame rail shooter mini game, that almost no one plays. It will definitely bring alot of people back and bring in new players, ofcourse if they do it right ^^.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.