Darths Vowrawn and Baras

ijuakos

I cannot believe I missed this for so long... There are two Darths, Vowrawn and Baras, that hate each other. One is trying to take over leadership of the empire. Doesn't this sound much like Gowron and Duras, trying to seize control of the Klingon Empire?

Thoughts?

I cannot believe I missed this for so long... There are two Darths, Vowrawn and Baras, that hate each other. One is trying to take over leadership of the empire. Doesn't this sound much like Gowron and Duras, trying to seize control of the Klingon Empire?

Thoughts?

It's probably a coincidence, but given that BioWare take so much of their inspiration from other nerdy sources (Mass Effect is Babylon 5, Dragon Age is Fire and Ice etc) I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's an intentional reference.

Gowron/Vowrawn is the older one in power, Duras/Baras the younger upstart manipulating his way towards power with underhanded means even though Klingon/Sith society encourages proving oneself with strength and honor, not manipulation - all the while the Emperor, Kahless II/Lord Vitiate is sort of kept to the sidelines at best.

It's not unlikely, really. Good catch.

It's probably a coincidence, but given that BioWare take so much of their inspiration from other nerdy sources (Mass Effect is Babylon 5, Dragon Age is Fire and Ice etc) I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's an intentional reference.

Gowron/Vowrawn is the older one in power, Duras/Baras the younger upstart manipulating his way towards power with underhanded means even though Klingon/Sith society encourages proving oneself with strength and honor, not manipulation - all the while the Emperor, Kahless II/Lord Vitiate is sort of kept to the sidelines at best.

It's not unlikely, really. Good catch.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time Star Wars has ripped off Star Trek *cough*CloakingDevice*cough*