Madness DPS question

sithterror

Having played a while on a Sorc i dont claim to know it all 'tis why i ask the sorc community for help.

Using a spec like= http://swtor.magelo.com/en/skilltree#a/l28/ilaEBi

is Lightning Barrage worth getting to add more to overall dps or is the 2 points better put into Corrupted Flesh or Suppression?

Is the 3 points in Creeping Death really that much of a dps multiplier or can i use 2 points or no points and pick up more cc utility from Electric Bindings or Backlash?

Even tho force Lightning is channeled is it periodic damage? i dont think it is but just wondered if Sith Efficacy, Wrath, Madness, Calcify and Disintegration was there was to FL!

Thanks for answering some questions i cannot find or understand!

best dps sorc spec for PVP... aka UTIL sorc

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201MZbsbRbMrZcMfRsMz.2

Proper way to play is to do 300k+ dmg and 200k+heals

Anyone can heal

Anyone can dps

... it takes a lot of skill to do both at same time and excel at it... which is why UTIL sorcs are rare.

Operative and Mercs heal better than 31corr sorc.

Marauder/PT-pyro do wayyyyyyyyyy more damage than a 31madness sorc.

A proper UTIL sorc is a must have on top ranked teams.

not quite what i was looking for.

I have an Op for healing and a PT Pyro for extreme DPS.....it is this sorc was my first toon and have been a Lightning Tree user for some time. While i am not as fancy as 'effinmetal in recording dps parses to a webpage i do keep a sticky note and record what my average dps was for that boss fight in an 8 man EC (sm/hm) and i am about 20-40 dps points under his posted.

I am interested in playing FL spammer for a bit now on this guy and looking up various builds in this forum and other sites, it just isnt clear why some builds do this and do that.

using that build i linked into my original post i have noticed some 'hybrid' dont use or take Lightning Barrage. Wouldnt this help with Force regen and help do more dps since its casts so quick allowing you to redo FL or proc CD/LS 1.5s sooner?

The 3 points that go into Creeping Death: 30% crit dam bonus to DF and periodic damage.... i see some builds skipping it to put into lightning for extra CC. So, if i keep to the linked build is C-Death going to really be a dps multiplier or is the RNG for crits hits from Affliction/CD to varying to be much of a use....which i can then put into Electric Bindings or Backlash or Exsanguinate?

Is Corrupted Flesh worthwhile in slotting points to that matter as well?

Since FL is channeled, is it an attack broken into 3 1 sec interval attacks or is it a periodic damage style to take advantage of Creeping Death?

Having played a while on a Sorc i dont claim to know it all 'tis why i ask the sorc community for help.

Using a spec like= http://swtor.magelo.com/en/skilltree#a/l28/ilaEBi

is Lightning Barrage worth getting to add more to overall dps or is the 2 points better put into Corrupted Flesh or Suppression?

If you're going that deep into lightning, barrage is an absolute must. Suppression is not all that useful, imo, since any player worth his salt will just do something else during his lockout regardless of how many seconds he's locked out for (and the most-effective pvp specs don't have interruptible channels anyway). And corrupted flesh is really, really, situational. It's great against dot heavy classes. With the build you have, that skill can be the difference between winning and losing a war of attrition against an annihilation marauder. Against non-dot heavy classes (say, a carnage mara), it's totally irrelevant.

Is the 3 points in Creeping Death really that much of a dps multiplier or can i use 2 points or no points and pick up more cc utility from Electric Bindings or Backlash?

If you have a pyro, you'll know that electric bindings doesn't really do a lot to stop you from dps ing a target, apart from, maybe, huttball. And backlash backfires badly against carnage maras. Just helps to fill resolve which makes it impossible to escape from a gored ravage, which is something that, when it hits a class like this, means death at max 3 gcd after the third ravage tick ticks.

Even tho force Lightning is channeled is it periodic damage? i dont think it is but just wondered if Sith Efficacy, Wrath, Madness, Calcify and Disintegration was there was to FL!

95% sure fl doesn't count as periodic.