Please address crew skill mission imbalance

LordHartigan

Just putting this in on behalf of some others and myself. The balance of available crew skill missions needs to be addressed. Especially in Underworld Trading. There seems to be a constant over representation of companion gift missions and an under representation of materials missions, especially underworld metals. It is possible to get to a point where a person simply has no need for companion gifts if they have topped out the affection on all of them. Materials on the other hand will always be needed. It doesn't make sense to me have the majority of available missions be for something that a person has no use for. Please consider increasing the allotment of material missions, especially metals and decreasing the allotment of companion gift missions.

Just putting this in on behalf of some others and myself. The balance of available crew skill missions needs to be addressed. Especially in Underworld Trading. There seems to be a constant over representation of companion gift missions and an under representation of materials missions, especially underworld metals. It is possible to get to a point where a person simply has no need for companion gifts if they have topped out the affection on all of them. Materials on the other hand will always be needed. It doesn't make sense to me have the majority of available missions be for something that a person has no use for. Please consider increasing the allotment of material missions, especially metals and decreasing the allotment of companion gift missions.

I hear what you're saying while at the same time I don't see the problem. The availability of mission types seems to be completely random no matter which specialty you have. This means that sometimes you'll be unlucky and have nothing but missions you don't want or need available. I just take this the same as any part of the game that is random such as loot drops. Just part of the game.

Don't get me wrong. I have no issues with a change that would target missions based on say level (i.e., more crafting material missions with increasing level) I just don't really see the need. Sure, I don't always need companion gifts but I see those missions (as I mentioned) as the same as random loot drops; you don't always get what you want but it's an ingrained part of the game where randomness is supposed to be part of the fun.

I get that you don't find it fun but meh, different strokes for different folks.

My guess is that they don't want you sending all 5 crew out on the same mission, so it is a limit on how much of the resource you can get through that system, which hopefully creates a market.

Too many times I look at crew skill mission and the entire tier is companion gift missions. If I have UT, there should always be at least 1 metal and 1 fabric mission in each tier, assuming the skill is high enough to have 5 missions to pick from.

• 1 month later...
I hear what you're saying while at the same time I don't see the problem. The availability of mission types seems to be completely random no matter which specialty you have. This means that sometimes you'll be unlucky and have nothing but missions you don't want or need available. I just take this the same as any part of the game that is random such as loot drops. Just part of the game.

Don't get me wrong. I have no issues with a change that would target missions based on say level (i.e., more crafting material missions with increasing level) I just don't really see the need. Sure, I don't always need companion gifts but I see those missions (as I mentioned) as the same as random loot drops; you don't always get what you want but it's an ingrained part of the game where randomness is supposed to be part of the fun.

I get that you don't find it fun but meh, different strokes for different folks.

Posts like this make me think there are people who just have to disagree and say things like "meh". Whatever , the point is its a crafting profession and I have yet to play an mmo that has random crafting drops when farming crafting mats. Rare mats are an understandable random drop, but not the mats themselves and comp gifts have no place in missions that are designed for the acquirement of crafting mats. Its a bad design to anyone who has experience in mmo crafting.

its very simple, just go in to another area of the fleet and your crew missions will reset.

so, if you are on the fleet and take two missions you want, but the rest of them are not what you would like to send pets out on .. you then go in to your ship and the crew missions available will change .. so you may get more of the ones you want to go on. Go in and out of your ship, 5 missions guaranteed to be the ones you want.

Also, you cant get comp gifts from grinding in areas or REing mob kills in FP ... you can with material gathering.

Thats why BIO said there are skills that suppliment each other and some that dont. If you want to be an armstech, dont take herb gathering and complain when theres no metal to be found from the missions.

Too bad companion gifts don't sell.

Just sayin.

Strange, I'm making a fortune selling companion gifts and have been since launch. I find them much more likely to sell for over the default price within 48 hours than all but a few items I can actually craft.

Strange, I'm making a fortune selling companion gifts and have been since launch. I find them much more likely to sell for over the default price within 48 hours than all but a few items I can actually craft.

A sad commentary on crafting in and of itself. But I disagree with your generalization. It depends on the companion gift. Rep/Imp Memorabilia don't sell well. Weapons and cultural artifacts sell very well. Trophies, Luxury, and what not are kind Meh.

I'd like to see double the missions available per tier. Especially once you've maxed that tier. At least two of each type of mission should be available at all times.

I'd like to see Medium Armor require at least half/half of metal/cloth- Or alternate metal and cloth

I'd like to see companion affection require more upkeep. If you were hanging out with your buddies on a road trip and every time you parked for gas the guy driving said, "You guys stay here and watch the car, I'm taking the only hot girl out and about for a half hour- fill up the tank, wash the windows, and sew-me-a-shirt/clean-my-rifle/make-me-a-rootbeer-float/charge-my-ipod/whittle-me-a-mini-totem-pole then stare at the other three dudes for a while.", how long would your bromance last?

I'd like to see gift favoritism more evenly distributed among the ones that are less popular.