The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard interrupt really works?

Glower

Easiest way for me was to find a merc near a node and stay on him, hopefully he fires off dfa, hit interrupt and watch him fall prematurely to the ground. Dfa is one of the most noticeable animations in the game imo and is easily interrupted.

Well, it works. But it seems there is no debuff icon for this skill on enemy target? :rak_02::(

It is an instant skill that interrupts the ability that is currently being cast and prevents *that* ability from being cast again for 4 seconds.

If you are asking for a "debuff icon" for the 4 second duration, there is none. (Think about it, there would have to be a icon/tooltip for every single castable ability that can be interrupted. Not needed and not going to happen :).)

I've never actually seen a debuff icon On the target. You can use it on a healer that is low hp and hope they are spamming the same heal on themselves but if they are using an instant, medpac, or another heal, it won't delay that cast. At least that's the way I understand it. I guess it's hit or miss since you can't effectively predict what their next cast in their rotation is. I use it mainly for the iterrupt.

If you are asking for a "debuff icon" for the 4 second duration, there is none. (Think about it, there would have to be a icon/tooltip for every single castable ability that can be interrupted. Not needed and not going to happen :).)

Why would it have to be distinct for every ability that is interruptible? It would still be useful to you if you just see a recognizable [int4] icon on the target, even if it doesn't relate what ability it is blocking. If they wanted to be clever, they could just greyscale the icon for the ability that was interrupted and use that as the icon, but that's probably overkill and not worth the minor amount of assets it would require.

Edited by Heezdedjim