How effective to use your ship droid?

Leoxastarth

He's ... sort of ok but only if you spend the cash getting him some gear. Honestly though you'll want to shoot your brains out after hearing him speak about a dozen times in 5 minutes.

Use Khem, he's a lot more fun to have around even if you're leveling as a tank spec. Stuff doesn't die quite as quickly but he'll die before you on very hard champions and so long as you're still alive at the end that's what counts.

Excellent! I was just wondering what I could do to please you!

AAAAAAH!!! *blows brains out*

Had mine punching people .. I have no idea why.

get to lvl 24-25 on tatooine... Get Andronikos companion and grace yourself of the incredible damage he does!!!

I used this companien since and i play deception assassin. OMG i kill everything so darn fast. or my companion does

• 3 months later...
I think the ship droid is gonna be fun. But, his responses are gonna be annoying, and if you play as him more then your class character, you'll forget about him. And I was using him until I got Quinn, now I only have to see hiim on my ship. And what's weird is that you can "flirt" with any gender. Robot gay alert! :p

Bit of a necro?

However while I'm at it I'll state a few things that changed

-ship droid no longer opens it in fight, which is a relief.

-if you have a cybertech character, craft custom parts and throw some green on them. Gets the job done.

-he rushes to punch. Bit annoying if you fight someone with AoE attacks.

But overall a good option for harder fights until you get Talos on Hoth.

Just wait for Talos as a healer, he's really good if your both geared, I can't remember the last time I died questing with him.
reedr

agreed, plus you don't have to wait long. you can get him as early as level 33 but you will need help from a higher level friend, ideally a 50 or a couple 40s. just keep doing only your class quests until you get him on hoth.

reedr

agreed, plus you don't have to wait long. you can get him as early as level 33 but you will need help from a higher level friend, ideally a 50 or a couple 40s. just keep doing only your class quests until you get him on hoth.

So skip everything to get the healer ASAP, struggle through every planets to the point you need to follow an overlevel friend and do not at all enjoy the story so you can what, go back to solo leveling through the last three planets?

Thats massively flawed logic.