The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So uh, why can't I be a cyborg anymore?

AbelMorvant

So I've been away from the game for a few months, went to create a new character and discovered that a lot of the species I used to be able to pick from, I can no longer pick. Why was this decision made and how do I unlock all of them?

Only certain species are available for each class. What class are you trying to create?

So I've been away from the game for a few months, went to create a new character and discovered that a lot of the species I used to be able to pick from, I can no longer pick. Why was this decision made and how do I unlock all of them?

Not sure when you played last, but I started in early release, and the races available have not changed since.

Now, something that could be causing it to LOOK like less races are available:

In 1.2, they started allowing players to unlock classes that were previously unavailable for that class. so the ones that are "greyed" out weren't actually available for that class before (and weren't even showing for classes that didn't qualify)...but now you can unlock them individually via a few methods.

the 2 current methods to unlock are:

1) level a that race in a class that normally allows it to 50

2) pay 1.5m creds, and be at least legacy level 4 for that account on that server.

either of those two options will unlock that specific race for any new characters on that account/server.

Ah, I did not know that, excuse my incompetence.

I was going to be a sith inquisitor. Thing is, it's not like the choices are gone, they're just greyed out and says I have to reach 50 with one in order to play one - Which doesn't make much sense to me.

Edit: Oops, my bad, questions has been answered. Thank you guys!

Edited by AbelMorvant

I was going to be a sith inquisitor. Thing is, it's not like the choices are gone, they're just greyed out and says I have to reach 50 with one in order to play one - Which doesn't make much sense to me.

Its because previously you could not become a cyborg on certain classes, but now with the legacy update, as long as you reach fifty with a class that can become the cyborg as a race, it will unlock it for you.

:) no worries man....I think i wrote the book on incompetence. And I agree with you actually...why would i want to level a class that i don't want to play, just to unlock a race for a class I do want to play....

Good news is with the f2p they will probably be providing unlock options for races with cartel coins. not the perfect solution, but im retaining my sub anyways, so im sure my points will go initially to stuff like that.