Finally switched to Dirty Fighting, endgame PvE

IrishChu

Isn't the Ops Dummy going to skew the numbers in favor of DF/Sab Hybrid over Pure DF, given that the Ops dummy never drops below 30% health to get the +15% bleed damage pure DF does?

Also, without Nice Try using Sab/DF hybrid, you run the risk of clipping the 2nd Wounding Shot and having a DPS loss. This is controllable on the dummy obviously with only the rotation to worry about, but would seem to be more prevalent in real world boss fights due to movement and other mechanics requiring more flexibility.

Isn't the Ops Dummy going to skew the numbers in favor of DF/Sab Hybrid over Pure DF, given that the Ops dummy never drops below 30% health to get the +15% bleed damage pure DF does?

Also, without Nice Try using Sab/DF hybrid, you run the risk of clipping the 2nd Wounding Shot and having a DPS loss. This is controllable on the dummy obviously with only the rotation to worry about, but would seem to be more prevalent in real world boss fights due to movement and other mechanics requiring more flexibility.

i dont have any problems with it my self, if you look up a couple post i have a mox key were you can see my numbers on Nightmare pilgrim and EC HM, that will give you a idea on what kinda numbers im doing in ops

Your first part is correct. There was a post about it on SWTOR Mechanics a while back with how much of an average DPS gain/loss the talent is for an average boss. I don't remember exacts, but its a very situational talent (as far as theory crafting goes; it's obviously a must-have for a pure DF spec).

When I ran the hybrid I didn't often have issues clipping, but the energy issues on fights where you have to target swap on demand makes the spec difficult to master without dropping a lot of DPS, and the overall potential benefit wasn't enough for me to make it a permanent progression spec. I had a few of my best parses running 4/5 man EV/KP HMs with this spec, but those were basically live target dummy parses, and didn't beat out a pure DF spec by anything more than what could be attributed to RNG.

Don't take this as me being against the spec -- it definitely has its potential. I just feel it's a far stronger spec as a farming/overgeared spec where the group knows what it's doing and has more leeway with target swapping and such.

• 1 month later...

Firstly, I was a long time user of SS and could only get around 1500 dps on the ops dummy, so I decided to switch.

Also impressed by the numbers on the dummy by Wiliam and Braedenz. but I have some questions when it comes to ops bosses.

(Currently using sab/df like Wiliam) Getting around 1850-1900 dps on a 5 min parse on the ops dummy.

Is it viable to throw a vital shot on a secondary target eg. TFB, (main dots on the Writhing Horror and a seconday dot on the Jealous male), Toth and Zorn, FB & SC on denova.

Or will I run into energy problems.

Just curious to how the high dps peeps are doing it.

One last request,

Could someone give a solid rotation for df, as I'd like to try that as well. (Hopefully around 1900-2000 dps on dummy)

Cheers,

for add phases i try to stick to the rotation but break it up, and add a aimed shot... like on horror i will keep my dots on him.. usaly i can ignore the male cause we put our melee dps on him.. but if i had to put damage on him i would sabotage charge, speed shot aimed shot,... but sticking to the rotation i would tab back to horror and hit him with my wounding since your dots should still be up.. by that time the little adds are out, i usaly hit them with freigter, thermal grenade, then i go straight back to Horror... and since the last guy kinda called my spec a a farming spec here is a parce from TFB HM just to update some of my numbers

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/f0a6ccdc-c5ba-42c1-a26b-4ed2815fe1e5/overview#d=0,f=114,b=1

Edited by RichardSkywalk

Thanks for the quick reply and info Wiliams.

Reason I was asking was that I'm kinda new to the spec and I haven't done ec & tfb hm with it.

With regards to the rotation you posted above and the energy issues that IrishChu was running into.

I had no such issues. In fact the more I get used to the rotation, the less I have to rely on flurry of bolts.

Here's a 6 min parse on the ops dummy with stim but no adrenal (planning for a 5 min one, but I lost track of time :D)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/ab7bda75-db68-4554-8263-7cb74488ad07/overview#d=0,f=1,t=1,b=1

And my gear:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/aee1930f-937e-4253-b2b2-3814a7182c93

• 3 weeks later...