Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Imperial Cowards

DavidBane

some aspects of open world pvp bewilder me at times.. to be honest, its not actually fair game play for level 50's to access lowbie quest nodes just to kill players 20 odd levels lower than them. I mean really, there is no challenge to it, and all it amounts to is 'griefing'. But on a PVP server this is allowed so..

All I ask is if your a level 50, don't attack lowbies, you want open world PVP then go to black hole, Belsavis and Ilum, and you will find plenty of level 50s playing their dailies. They will give you a fight back too. :rolleyes:

some aspects of open world pvp bewilder me at times.. to be honest, its not actually fair game play for level 50's to access lowbie quest nodes just to kill players 20 odd levels lower than them. I mean really, there is no challenge to it, and all it amounts to is 'griefing'. But on a PVP server this is allowed so..

All I ask is if your a level 50, don't attack lowbies, you want open world PVP then go to black hole, Belsavis and Ilum, and you will find plenty of level 50s playing their dailies. They will give you a fight back too. :rolleyes:

Killing lowbies is how every single instance of awesome world PvP ever got started. it goes like this:

1. High level guy griefs leveling area.

2. Griefed players call their friends and guild, then hop on their own high level character (if they have one).

3. Griefed faction now retaliates against Griefer.

4. Griefer calls his friends and guild.

5. Griefer faction now reinforces Griefer.

6. Repeat steps 2-5 until server crashes from too many players in one area.

They need to add a Galaxy Defense channel to chat that notifies subscribed players whenever a friendly is killed in World PvP action. This would make it easier for response teams to assemble and full scale world wars to break out.

Killing lowbies is how every single instance of awesome world PvP ever got started. it goes like this:

1. High level guy griefs leveling area.

2. Griefed players call their friends and guild, then hop on their own high level character (if they have one).

3. Griefed faction now retaliates against Griefer.

4. Griefer calls his friends and guild.

5. Griefer faction now reinforces Griefer.

6. Repeat steps 2-5 until server crashes from too many players in one area.

They need to add a Galaxy Defense channel to chat that notifies subscribed players whenever a friendly is killed in World PvP action. This would make it easier for response teams to assemble and full scale world wars to break out.

Seems great in theory, but in reality the majority of noob slayers run when help arrives. I've witnessed this way too often in many different MMO's. Besides, why not go to lvl 50 areas for same effect? Nevermind, I already know the answer. Edited by SwordofSodan

Seems great in theory, but in reality the majority of noob slayers run when help arrives. I've witnessed this way too often in many different MMO's. Besides, why not go to lvl 50 areas for same effect? Nevermind, I already know the answer.

This reminds me of the WoW days when the Alliance attacked CrossRoads. The signal would go out... wolrd channels would recevie the alerts and LvL 50's started flying in from all over. Lowbies would get pissed and call in guildes, cry for help or go get their 50s and fly them in.

I'm not on a pvp server so I don't know if this occurs in SWTOR. You guys on PvP server would have to tell me.

This reminds me of the WoW days when the Alliance attacked CrossRoads. The signal would go out... wolrd channels would recevie the alerts and LvL 50's started flying in from all over. Lowbies would get pissed and call in guildes, cry for help or go get their 50s and fly them in.

I'm not on a pvp server so I don't know if this occurs in SWTOR. You guys on PvP server would have to tell me.

My favorite memory from WoW was right after Cata hit and a Horde mage decided to camp Honor Hold and 1 shot leveling Alliance players. I grabbed my max level Hunter and started camping his corpse until his whole guild showed up. I called in my guild and we pushed his guild back and started camping their base in Hellfire Peninsula. Then came the real Horde (i.e. the PvPers who responded to the World Defense notifications) and we had to retreat back to Honor Hold and call for reinforcements. It kept going back and forth like this until eventually the Horde gave up. The best moment was when me and 3 other Hunter engineers parachuted into their base.

Things like this don't happen at all in SWTOR because players who attempt to engage in World PvP on planets that are not designed for World PvP will get 1 shotted by the sentries and turrets. Since there are no lowbies to camp on Illum, there is never an instigating event to start such a war.

I'm a level 50 Sentinel, and I camp lowbies cause I have Iwin buttons.

:rolleyes:

World pvp is "supposed" to generate conflict on a massive scale. When you're only allowed to select one faction on a PVP server you typically care about your faction. Meaning for example if the Galaxy Emergency Channel (fictional name.. but lets roll with it) lights up saying the Empire is invading Curoscant my immediate reaction would be... "NOT ON MY WATCH". Chances are nearly every republic PVP diehard not in a Flashpoint or Operation would feel the same. Epic or large scale battle would occur over a matter of pride, loyalty or thirst for glory!

Anyway.... i always responded to a lowbie's call for help if he/she was getting griefed or camped (as did many others).

I agree with you camping a lowbie in the middle of nowhere is boring... but the price of admission. Now if you get ganked in an outpost, city or capital city. That will get the "war" competitive juices flowing for retribution.

Yeah the imps are cowards. Was minding my own business on Quesh with my guardian tank in commando outfit when I was jumped by 3 imps with 1 companion that all were 5 levels above me. I guess they didn't expect the lightsaber, the constant interrupts, stuns, slows, purple gear with augments and miss every other attack because after a few minutes I had killed them all 3 with 75% health remaining. I guess their gear must have sucked or something because I certainly hit like a wet noodle and die quickly in warzones.

Last time I was on Quesh while leveling, a group of level 50 Republic players decided to camp the Imperial speeder route. I decided to get the Endurance datacron while they twiddled their thumbs and one of them saw me go into the tunnel.

I was on my way out of the chamber when they jumped me. I ran to the console and activated it, then got to stand on the safe side and watch 3 level 50s choke to death on poisonous gas. I laughed for a long time about that.

I was on my way out of the chamber when they jumped me. I ran to the console and activated it, then got to stand on the safe side and watch 3 level 50s choke to death on poisonous gas. I laughed for a long time about that.

Dude...that story is awesome! lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.