Elite Gaming Tactics Videos - Taking a Break from SWTOR

Hi everyone,

Some will have seen our videos and some won't, so apologise if your someone who hasn't seen our videos and this is wasting your time.

After several months of raiding and releasing guides on YouTube for the raid content, regrettably we have to announce that Elite Gaming will now be leaving/taking a break from SWTOR.

We'd thank everyone who used the guides and supported us, we do the guides for you - your feedback and support drives us to continue releasing them and developing them. We hope they continue to be useful for players still progressing through the raids and we will still be active on YouTube to answer any questions you may have regarding tactics in our videos.

It's been a tough decision for us all and one that has taken us several weeks to make. To cut a long story short, we lost a few of our original members that we started the game with and some that we played other games with. These members left due to persistent bugs, lag and lack of content and if we were honest, we couldn't blame them. It was then decided that instead of replacing the guys that we lost, that we would all leave the game and try and find something new.

There were several reasons for us all deciding to leave, but the main one was that we can't see there being any imminent content release that's going to fix the current issues in the game. I think the game will get much better but It's going to take quite a bit of time especially with the F2P transition coming up. We have tried our best to support the game and be hopeful of fixes coming in, but unfortunately with the huge lack of communication from the developers - we're basing our hopes on no real evidence. Instead we will be taking a break for the game and seeing how it develops over the next few months, if we see that the major issues get fixed and some new content is rolled out - we all would like to return to the game.

We will be moving to a new game and hoping to continue to put game guides on the channel for that. I won't say which game on here as I will probably come under fire for breathing it's name ;) But it's probably obvious which game we're going to try. If you do want to know where we're moving, you can find more details on the homepage of our site. http://e-g-c.guildlaunch.com

Once again, thank you to everyone who has supported us over the past 8 or 9 months and we hope to return in the future. I sincerely hope that everyone who has stood by SWTOR and continues to, finally gets rewarded by BioWare. The game has so much potential and hopefully if the F2P model works (which has worked for many games), allows the developers to give it the attention it needs and doesn't get the game turned into just a cash cow of buy 2 win.

Good Luck & Thank You,

Thermal

Elite Gaming

http://www.youtube.com/Thermal8691 - YouTube Tactics Guides

e-g-c.guildlaunch.com - Applications for Membership to Elite Gaming

You guys made me smile... reminded me of old Last Resort videos, a bit.

I don't blame you at all for going; sadly, this isn't anyplace for real raiders. Like you, I hope that someday it might be.

See ya in the pandalands. ;)

I too am sad to see you guys go, but I also understand why. I've been in the ops since week 2 or 3 of launch and I fully understand the frustration with the bugs, lag, and lack of content. And I agree that with the lack of any recent or near end-game content and the game going F2P it can be a real challenge to keep your raid team together. I wish you guys the best.

Your videos were the first i watched when preparing for the operation content.

Thanks alot for the community input!

I totally understand your reasons to move, but like yourself hope that Bioware picks up the slack and presents some challenges for us all to come back and enjoy the game at a later date.

All the best in the game-not-to-be-named! :D

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone, been enjoying some time at the Olympics :D

Very sad. Really enjoyed your guides.

Thanks very much, we're also sad to go. Best of luck with the game.

You guys made me smile... reminded me of old Last Resort videos, a bit.

I don't blame you at all for going; sadly, this isn't anyplace for real raiders. Like you, I hope that someday it might be.

See ya in the pandalands. ;)

Thanks. We've tried everything to stay around we just can't justify it any more. Unfortunately it's not the pandalands you'll see us in ;) It was discussed but that wasn't the final decision :)

Im very sad to hear this. I hope i see you return to swtor in the future. Until then, gl!

We really hope that we can return too. Thanks for being a part of our community and good luck :)

I too am sad to see you guys go, but I also understand why. I've been in the ops since week 2 or 3 of launch and I fully understand the frustration with the bugs, lag, and lack of content. And I agree that with the lack of any recent or near end-game content and the game going F2P it can be a real challenge to keep your raid team together. I wish you guys the best.

It really is sad that the game hasn't reached it's potential yet. I hope that F2P can bring it closer to something of the game it should be but only the future can tell us that. Best of luck to you aswell :)

Your videos were the first i watched when preparing for the operation content.

Thanks alot for the community input!

I totally understand your reasons to move, but like yourself hope that Bioware picks up the slack and presents some challenges for us all to come back and enjoy the game at a later date.

All the best in the game-not-to-be-named! :D

We're really glad you enjoyed our videos and that you came to us first. That is always our amibition - to be the channel that people go to for the most reliable guides but at the same time providing some entertainment in them. It really has been fun making them and talking to people like yourself after watching the videos.

Hopefully Bioware will pick up and we can come back from the 'game-not-to-be-named' ;)

Thank you to everyone for the positive attitude to this post, it means a lot to us that people have enjyoed the guides and don't see this as us just 'bailing' on SWTOR.

Regards,

Thermal

Elite Gaming

http://www.youtube.com/thermal8691

http://e-g-c.guildlaunch.com