So I bought the DD pre-launch and just picked up the CE for $29.99

Kadin

Yep, it showed in stock at Kmart yesterday, it stayed showing as "in stock" for awhile after it sold out though. I think it shows in-stock still because for some locations, you can buy it online and get it though store pick-up.

In my hunt for one yesterday, I saw Newegg had it listed for $29.99 as well, but was sold out. I wound up snagging one from buy.com's ebay store , it sold out really fast. But as you can see, it was being sold for $29.99.

So it looks like the CE definitely been marked down a lot by some retailers! Pretty good deal, if you like the goodies. I wonder if other retailers will mark theirs down too, seems odd to have some at $30 and others at $150. :p

Dude..

Right there in big red bold letters next to the picture ol the box.. What does that say?? It has said the same thing that every other site has said for almost a year of going sold out..

Links are workign fine. the inventory is based on your local stores. if your local store does not have them it says that they don't have it. those who do have it in stock can purchase them.

That may be true.. It all seems a bit shady to me though.. Something that has been sold out everywhere for almost a year and suddenly pops up somewhere??

I hope those that actually bought it actually get it.. There were a number of over sales on the interntet by Bestbuy and Walmart.. I hope this isn't some internet glitch or something..

None the less.. The site still says unavailable to me.. That could be a regional thing.. Who knows..

What part of I already have it did you miss? I picked it up at kmart this morning.

Also why woudlnt they put it on sale. Who is going to buy that once f2p launches? Why not clear em out now and at least get something instead of nothing. A lot of retailers had to throw away Tabula Rasa games by the dumpster full so I can see em wanting to off this game asap.

That may be true.. It all seems a bit shady to me though.. Something that has been sold out everywhere for almost a year and suddenly pops up somewhere??

I hope those that actually bought it actually get it.. There were a number of over sales on the interntet by Bestbuy and Walmart.. I hope this isn't some internet glitch or something..

None the less.. The site still says unavailable to me.. That could be a regional thing.. Who knows..

Well I placed the order online and physically walked into my local store and got it. The in-store price is still $150 so you have to pay online to lock in the price. Then it's a simple pick-up in the store. As to people ordering it and having it shipped, people on CAG and slickdeals have reported getting tracking numbers so I'd say so far so good.

Links are workign fine. the inventory is based on your local stores. if your local store does not have them it says that they don't have it. those who do have it in stock can purchase them.

Right.. That is why the link had to be updated..

Have a nice day.. :rolleyes:

It's really unfortunate that you are so skeptical. I literally went to the link 5 minutes ago and it listed it as available to me, and now it displays as unavailable. Should've picked that up!

It's really unfortunate that you are so skeptical. I literally went to the link 5 minutes ago and it listed it as available to me, and now it displays as unavailable. Should've picked that up!

As soon as I saw it I placed the order like 5am this morning. I went to the store it was at the customer service desk waiting for me. Showed ID and left :)

Yeah just saw the same again. Who knows what's going on with the site right now. I think they're obviously having some issues but if a new url pops up again, I'll update it once again.

As soon as I saw it I placed the order like 5am this morning. I went to the store it was at the customer service desk waiting for me. Showed ID and left :)

That's pretty awesome. Grats to you! Maybe they'll put some more up.

They were available online all day yesterday from both kmart and newegg for $30. Newegg had free shipping. Kmart charged $0.99 for shipping. I bought 10 from K-mart and when I went to buy more they were sold out by 6pm EST yesterday.

They were available online all day yesterday from both kmart and newegg for $30. Newegg had free shipping. Kmart charged $0.99 for shipping. I bought 10 from K-mart and when I went to buy more they were sold out by 6pm EST yesterday.

lol good deal i guess but why buy 10, gifts? or are you going to try to resell them for $10.00, or are you just trying to piss people off?

i would guess the former unless of course you find a bunch of dumb people then hooray for you !

lol good deal i guess but why buy 10, gifts? or are you going to try to resell them for $10.00, or are you just trying to piss people off?

i would guess the former unless of course you find a bunch of dumb people then hooray for you !

He thinks the game will cost money after the f2p launch. I told him couple times the game will be free to download and play 1-50. I dont know if he just didnt see it or ignored it or what.

The reason they are being sold so low is because they aren't selling.

Places are trying to get rid of their stock and make as much money as they can.

That's how bad this game is doing.

And judging by this...

You will be VERY lucky if SWTOR just doesn't shut down completely by next year.

He thinks the game will cost money after the f2p launch. I told him couple times the game will be free to download and play 1-50. I dont know if he just didnt see it or ignored it or what.

Once again, the game will not be free to play 1-50. You have to buy the game which costs $15. I am keeping 2 and the rest I am selling. In fact, I have already sold several of them.

The reason they are being sold so low is because they aren't selling.

Places are trying to get rid of their stock and make as much money as they can.

That's how bad this game is doing.

And judging by this...

You will be VERY lucky if SWTOR just doesn't shut down completely by next year.

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes has been running for about 5 years now with a much much much lower population. It's been subscription based the whole time too. SWTOR will not be shut down by next year.

Just picked one up this morning on the way to work at my Local K-Mart. They had 8 in stock total, I just purchased one for me.

I do have a question though that hopefully someone can answer. If I use the CE key on my account, will my current account I have get upgraded to CE? Will my current toons get access to the CE store in game? Or will it be a completely separate account with no way to link the two?

Once again, the game will not be free to play 1-50. You have to buy the game which costs $15. I am keeping 2 and the rest I am selling. In fact, I have already sold several of them.

Id suggest you read the FAQ because the game wont cost $15 after f2p launches.

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6522 <--

With the Free-to-Play option, no subscription will be required! You will be able to download and play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ all the way up to level 50 for free, with gameplay restrictions that limit access to advanced features and group content.
Edited by Leggomy

Just picked one up this morning on the way to work at my Local K-Mart. They had 8 in stock total, I just purchased one for me.

I do have a question though that hopefully someone can answer. If I use the CE key on my account, will my current account I have get upgraded to CE? Will my current toons get access to the CE store in game? Or will it be a completely separate account with no way to link the two?

You can upgrade your current account with it. Just login and add the key to your current account. It will give you all the perks and 30 days of gametime.

this should help clear things up

-------- From the FAQ page ----

I had a Free Trial account but never purchased the game. Will I be able to use my account when the Free-to-Play option goes live as a Free player and will the restrictions be the same as before?

Yes, you will absolutely be able to use your previous account. All Free Trial accounts will automatically convert to Free-to-Play accounts. Restrictions will be different, so be sure to check out http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/FREE/features.

so since anyone can download the trial the game will be free come the fall

You can upgrade your current account with it. Just login and add the key to your current account. It will give you all the perks and 30 days of gametime.

Sweet, glad to hear it. Right now the box is just sitting next to me in the office. Don't want to open it till I get home and have time to pull the stuff out.

Sweet, glad to hear it. Right now the box is just sitting next to me in the office. Don't want to open it till I get home and have time to pull the stuff out.

I bought one to get a friend in the game. I broke my malgus statue so I stole his lol. He dont care about it anyways and I did get him the CE for free :)

Yeah I can also confirm this... worked perfectly.