Make more of EVERYTHING bind to Legacy!

TheIronMonkey

If you really want to push forward the benefits of Legacy, more items should bind to legacy instead of the one character.

I roll 6 character right now, at different levels and crafting levels as well. I want more of what I find and/or make while playing to bind to my Legacy, so i can share it between my toons. They are all me, so why does it make much difference which of the characters found it or made it?

This was the main reason I rolled so many characters, to have unique crew skills and help each other out. Now turns out many of the top items bind on pickup, so after I collect the materials and produce it I can only use it on that one character. Why?

A schematic that produces something that binds on pickup makes no sense. So you make it once or twice and that is it?? What is the point? At least if it binds to Legacy you can use it a few more times.

Also, here is a new concept : Bind to Guild? :-)

Later

The current system already allows us to grind gear for our alts and send them over throgh legacy armor. It's great. I'd like to get legacy lightsaber hilts so i can transfer my rare crystals. I have three white crystals on my Sith but I am not using them since every Sith should use red... I'd love to send them to my Jedi.

Bind to Legacy, Yes.

Bind to Guild, No.

A Legacy is a persons characters and of the same "family".

A Guild is a group of people that can all have their own personal Legacies and should not have Legacy artifacts changing hands. If you do that, then all Legacy artifacts should be able to be traded at will or 'sold' on the GTN to anyone, making Legacy a joke and worthless.

No, just no. While it might be nice for my new alt to get full columi when he dinged lv50 i just dont think it´s realistic, or even "fair" Maybe fair isn´t the right word, i earned the gear so why wouldn´t it be fair, but it just feels wrong to get end or close to end gear that easy. i would support legacyarmor to increase in lv as your alt would lv. Like heirloom in WoW. I just think bind on legacy on endgame gear is wrong.

No, just no. While it might be nice for my new alt to get full columi when he dinged lv50 i just dont think it´s realistic, or even "fair" Maybe fair isn´t the right word, i earned the gear so why wouldn´t it be fair, but it just feels wrong to get end or close to end gear that easy. i would support legacyarmor to increase in lv as your alt would lv. Like heirloom in WoW. I just think bind on legacy on endgame gear is wrong.

I was thinking of my crafted items, not dropped items from bosses or the like.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a minor note, I said "more of everything", NOT everything.

I think one of my main rewards from legacy is been able to help alts develop (1 - 49) easier by sharing items and powers I already played many hours to gain. I understand not everything can be passed around, I would just hope MORE should be assigned to BoL instead of BoP.

I think it would add value to the Legacy system. But of course najor boss drops etc should remain controlled.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I have 8 'main' toons, and 4 I tool around with on my legacy...so I definately agree that binding to legacy is the way to go. Especially now with the cartel packs...it would be nice to be able to shift things around for those who indulge in them.

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I started this thread, and the need gets bigger and bigger.

By now I have 6 L50s, a L37 and a L22. Every single class. Since BW insist on using random drops and skills on the stuff you earn (what the heck is a BH going to do with willpower stuff??) more of it should bind to legacy. That way at least you get some use out of it. Otherwise is all vendor food.

I already outfit my lower toons with crafted items from my higher toons, so the issue of outfitting lower chars is irrelevant. Level and class already reduce my possibilities enough that even with crafting at 400 on EVERY single crafting skill, I sometimes depend on the drops for the new toons, which works fine.

I just hate buying the packs, you get random stuff, and if you get really lucky you might be able to use it. At least binding to legacy you get more chances to use it somewhere.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.