Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How serious is the gear gap?

Senatorial

Minus the "gear is fine" comment, the gear gap between BM and WH really isn't that bad.

It's really not. Look at the stats. It's 3 power here, 4 Main Stat there, etc. Even the expertise difference is very, very small when you factor out the War Hero crystals, which you can get and put into BM gear if you wanted to anyways.

The only significant difference is in the amount of endurance and the weapon damage ratings.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you dont augment your BM gear you are just lazy. Then again we have threads for players who take the cash instead of recruit gear. Credits flow like rain if you acually play this game.

Yeah, I actually augmented 7 BM items, the most expensive ones to replace. Then I went and earned the other 7 cheaper WH items as fast as I could. That way I saved some money but still didn't waste any because I'll get plenty more mileage out of my augged BM chest, saber, and focus. war hero item grind is looong for most, including myself.

Yeah, I actually augmented 7 BM items, the most expensive ones to replace. Then I went and earned the other 7 cheaper WH items as fast as I could. That way I saved some money but still didn't waste any because I'll get plenty more mileage out of my augged BM chest, saber, and focus. war hero item grind is looong for most, including myself.

finally someone who understands how things work. Some ppl say "it's not worth to augment BM coz I will replace it sooner or later" and IMO it is just plain wrong. Getting "better" gear may mean you will win more often hence you will get your WH gear quicker. Augments and kits are not that expensive anymore and basically, even if you are flat broke now, you can afford 1-2 augments per day just by doing few dailies and PvPing as much as you want.

As I stated earlier, I think the whole thing is exaggerated but it's possible that my opinion is affected by my own main class, sage/sorc. As a sage/sorc you'll only see a slight damage increase, defensive'wise it's basically the same since if you find yourself in a situation where the enemy will take down a good deal of your HP you're probably going to wipe anyway. It doesnt mattter if you get hit for 4K or 5K back to back, the mistake of being in the situation has already been made.

I assume it's different for a class that can take a hit, pop a defensive CD and move on to the next target.

Yeah you're right. You have to be spec'd to cleanse it. I thought it was force, it's actually physical. I think they could do a lot for game balance by making cleanses universal without having to spec into it and taking them off the GCD.

To spec into it is the healing tree not DPS. And yes Sorcs have abilties to help them against speed classes and have some excapability but could generally speaking could never stand toe to toe with a mara.

No, you didn't. Not from one person, anyways. There is absolutely no such thing as a 13 or 14k hit or anything even remotely close.

I didn't say by one person, I said a single GCD. I'm talking middle of a big battle on a node, run in use one attack and die before you can use another attack. lol

why does it matter? if you wanna play at the top level you'll get the best gear. then you're playing against people with the same gear you are.

then it comes down to skill right?

i get so tired of hearing people cry about the gear progression in pvp and use the excuse that gear > skill. yet when these people get fully geared, they still complain that gear > skill. it's really sad

...still no 2200+ team in blue crafted gear?...I mean if it's skill>gear, then a team in full blues wouldn't have a problem beating a bunch of scrubs in purples...show me the link...

...still no 2200+ team in blue crafted gear?...I mean if it's skill>gear, then a team in full blues wouldn't have a problem beating a bunch of scrubs in purples...show me the link...

It's silly to suggest that there is an abundance of "scrubs in purples" in high-level competitive team play. If there's a team of purples at those rating levels, chances are they aren't playing the game for the first time.

It's silly to suggest that there is an abundance of "scrubs in purples" in high-level competitive team play. If there's a team of purples at those rating levels, chances are they aren't playing the game for the first time.

...no link?...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.