Does anyone actually use Group Finder???

Vecier

I've used it since level 10 ( currently level 38) and as a dps it usually takes me anywhere from 25 mins to an hour to q. It's ok though as I'm usually questing anyways and don't even notice the time go by and then boom, the q pops. It's also a nice way to break up questing.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use it all the time.

I thoroughly enjoy it despite the rare occasions I get a suck group or people that really have no clue how to raid or even run a FP.

But over all, I use it a lot and as far as I can tell our guild does as well. Especially when we're leveling and gearing alts so we can fill out the group when we need.

• 1 month later...
Ok you seem to have posted this around reset time of the dailies. As a general piece of advice, the couple of hours before reset are probably the worst time to go to the GF. It's not prime time, it's a weekday and it's just before reset.

Reset is important because people use it mostly for BH comms rather than anything else.

Then you need to consider that you are probable a DPS.

Word of advice to DPS players. If you piss off a tank or healer, they might ignore you and then you will be ignore in GF as well when they go to the GF. Since tanks are fairly rare, ticking off a tank while being a dps is probably the best way to guarantee yourself long wait times.

Now considering the timing I don't think that would be the issue here. I really think it's the timing cause you pretty much chose to use the GF at the worst time of the day possible, but the ignore thing is something to consider as well.

Yup, I was queueing at a bad time.

I use group finder all the time. I wish more people would use it rather than spamming fleet. Spamming fleet gets you people on fleet. Group finder will get you anyone interested in the group no matter where they are.

I have a feeling group finder gets used much less often on the 2x weekends. You seem to level much faster with double quest experience so being on planets is better.

I use it a lot. Sometimes it takes awhile but mostly it is pretty quick. Though I tend to play in the evenings when there is a lot of people online. I can imagine during the day it would be slow since most people are either working or at school.