Advance Class Respec

OHMYZOD

This is my take on the matter. I don't think the idea of Advance Class Respec is the worst idea in the world, but only if used the right way. I think the only way it would work without a lot of people getting overly upset would be to limit it until you hit level 20. To me this is really the last stop before someone realizes if they like a specific class or not, and giving them the option to switch will save someone from having to redo 30 levels and give them time to be able to learn new class mechanics. This will stop people from being able to ninja loot gear in HM Flashpoints to use for their Sentinel build or what not. Also, OP, hear me out for just a minute. Allowing people to be able to switch advanced classes whenever they want will most likely break the game. If Bioware allowed something like this to happen about 50% of people would switch their classes right away to whichever of the two classes was more powerful leaving a lot of classes severely unused and unwanted. Also, if the only reason you want this is to have is to switch to the more powerful of the 2 advanced classes, you need to realize this. Having the more powerful of the two advanced classes will not guarantee you success. More likely then not Bioware will nerf powertechs when 1.4 comes out, and you'll be right back here complaining about how you want your merc back. So maybe try to learn to deal with it. Oh, and also remember its just a game.:)

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently ppl can respec anytime they want within their 3 trees. Does this break the game? I want to be able to spec into any of the 6 trees Bounty Hunters have available, WHENEVER I WANT. Also in case you havent looked, the game has currently hit an Iceberg in the Mid Atlantic. I'm not looking to jump off the ship, I am using a bucket currently while other people are still eating caviar. GIMME THE RESPEC

Yah my character, a Bounty Hunter. Changing mercenary (2 guns) to powertech (1 gun), same story...same armor.

What a CORE CHANGE

None of those things define a class.. Sorry..

Mage Vs. Warlock..

Same armor.. Cloth..

Same gear.... 100% the same gear.. There is no difference in what a mage and warlock can wear..

Same energy.. Mana

Same stat requairements... Spellpower, crit, haste, and other stats that effect casters..

Same weapons.. Any casting weapon will do.. Staves and daggers and wands..

Same story... As long as same race is chosen.. Story is based on race not class in WOW..

Same quests.. Baby areas determined by race.. After that all the same quests can be done to lvl 85..

Share a fire tree... One is called fire and the other called destruction.. Mostly same skills under a different name..

Same roles.. Caster ranged DPS only..

In fact a destro lock is often refered to as a fire mage..

Still reguarded as different classes..

Have a nice day.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

Blizzard also gives its players more options than 8 classes to play, but hey we always have to have the follow the leader argument.

How many classes did Vanilla wow have?? 4?? 6??

Nope they had 8 classes to start.. That didn't change until the first expansion.. SWTOR has yet to release an expansion..

Imagine that..

You were saying??

Edited by MajikMyst

I was saying, and i'm still saying --- I DONT CARE ABOUT ANOTHER GAME, PERIOD. You repeating all these facts about WoW, never played it and never will. Vanilla WoW also survived guy, and went on to expansion mania. This game hasnt been out a year and doesnt have regular patches let alone expansions. The goal is to get it to the expansion level and make the company money. They are headed in a new direction with F2P so lets give them options we want with the move.

Funny how he left out the core defining mechanics of warlocks - demon summons and soul shard usage.

Once again, it is the MECHANICS that define a class, not anything else. Death Knights are defined by runes and runic power, not their strength-based plate armor. Once again, there's more differences between a feral druid and a balance druid than there are between any of the ACs in this game.

And yes, there are only four classes in TOR.

. They are headed in a new direction with F2P so lets give them options we want with the move.

Sure.. Most people don't want them to head and that direction.. Including Bioware.. '

And if you don't like people bringing up WOW then stop belittling the classes here by trying to show how much they have in common..

I have both a consular sage and a consular shadow.. Other than wear the same amor, they are nothing alike.. I doubt the BH is as well.. They don't even play the same roles.. One can heal and the other can tank..

This is all a moot issue as has been said a thousand times..

You want them to move.. Not everyone one.. This issue is a dead hourse.. Just saying.. There is nothing new here..

Point out 1 single instance of me mentioning the swords and sorcery genre you speak CONSTANTLY about here. Do I want the game to go free? NOPE. Do I want grown men and women that have toiled endlessly creating a video game to lose their jobs? NOPE. Am I going to fight for something I want? YUP. Are YOU going to ever quit negativity about blocking something you obviously do not want to partake in? You tell me guy.

Randal its called a choice, no one is REQUIRING you to make one. I want the ability CHOOSE something else, and many other people might keep playing if they had the choice.

You do have the ability of Choice, you can choose to stay merc or level a powertech. And you did have a choice, you just chose Merc instead of Powertech lol. The game shouldn't be changed just because you chose wrong and now your class isn't the flavor of the month :p.

Quit being lazy and just level another bounty hunter and make him a powertech. However, I predict that once he gets nerfed, you'll come back to the forums, and make a new topic demanding that Bioware allow class changes because say.... Operatives, will be the new flavor of the month.

Edited by DjSnazzyduds

Yup , lazy here. Lazy has alot to do with Mercs being destroyed. Social X and lvl 94 with 2 FULL sets of War Hero is pretty lazy.

So your merc is getting destroyed you say? Is that why you want the respec, because Powertechs are OP at the moment? So when another class gets the buff hammer, like say, Sith Sages, and you're getting brutaly destroyed by them, what will you do? Ask for class changes or reroll?

By the way, you should use the quote function of the forums much more. And with all the bragging about your Social (who cares about social) and war hero sets, you seem more than capable of leveling another toon.

Yup , lazy here. Lazy has alot to do with Mercs being destroyed. Social X and lvl 94 with 2 FULL sets of War Hero is pretty lazy.

Yes.. You want Bioware to change the game becuase you are to lazy to reroll a new character.. Even though you chose to roll the one you have now and you at lvl 10 were told that your choice would be permanent..

You are telling us how awsome your character is and then demanding the ability to respec your AC is being lazy..

Welcome to reality.. If you weren't lazy then you wouldn't have even asked for a respec.. Because other than being lazy there is no reason to even ask for it.. :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

Yes.. You want Bioware to change the game becuase you are to lazy to reroll a new character.. Even though you chose to roll the one you have now and you at lvl 10 were told that your choice would be permanent..

You are telling us how awsome your character is and then demanding the ability to respec your AC is being lazy..

Welcome to reality.. If you weren't lazy then you wouldn't have even asked for a respec.. Because other than being lazy there is no reason to even ask for it.. :rolleyes:

Nicely pointed out.

Anyone who is against Advanced Class respecs is just a fanboy. I mean, you choose which AC you want at level 10. That's way too early to really know which one you want to play. Also, it's not like you've played in PvP yet to see which is OP and which is average. You can't really expect players to make that big of a decision without knowing.

We should be able to respec pretty much everything about our characters. I mean, I didn't know Republic would suck so bad when I made my Jedi Knight. I want to switch him over from a Sentinel to a Juggernaut. It's not like I don't understand how to play a Juggernaut. I have about half of their moves, and I've seen tanks use the other half, so I can figure it out pretty easily.

Plus, I'm tired of being one of these dumb green guys. I don't even know how to say their name. I want to be a Pure Sith. This needs to change ASAP or I'm unsubbing. I can change all of this stuff in WoW, so I should be able to in SWTOR. WoW is SO much older, so if I can do it there, I should be able to in a new game.

Wow DjSnazzy, you have a lvl 50 sorc(which is trash now atm due to nerfs) and 3 alts. Man you sound like the boss of what I need to do with my free time. NONE of us should have to go through the SAME story twice just to see another set of trees to spec from. When did I say my character is so great BTW if I wanna RESPEC him like yesterdays business. I love this gang mentality you ppl approach me with because I choose not to be a lemming like you. You guys must all live and work at Motel 6, because when the game closes up I hope they leave the light on for you.

The request, again, is ADVANCED CLASS RESPEC. Not juggernaut to scoundrel, or marauder to tooth fairy. I didnt suggest it be free or even easy. Cartel Coins or straight up cash. But yup, i'm sure you guys are gonna tell people what they can do with their money and youre gonna tell EA how to make it with ideas other than this.

The request, again, is ADVANCED CLASS RESPEC. Not juggernaut to scoundrel, or marauder to tooth fairy. I didnt suggest it be free or even easy. Cartel Coins or straight up cash. But yup, i'm sure you guys are gonna tell people what they can do with their money and youre gonna tell EA how to make it with ideas other than this.

Exactly! People shouldn't have to live with decisions they make. This is a game, I should be able to just swipe my debit card and have anything I want. "Permanent decisions" are so Pokemon... It's not like we're asking to change most of our skillset over to another set or anything. We just want to change ACs. I mean, I think we should have the option to change regular class too, though.

But, my big problem with this is that I only do PvP, but I want to start doing raids. I want to change my War Hero gear over to Campaign. It's the same thing. I just don't have the time to go grind raids and stuff to re-gear. I just want to switch it over when I change my character.

Wow DjSnazzy, you have a lvl 50 sorc(which is trash now atm due to nerfs) and 3 alts. Man you sound like the boss of what I need to do with my free time. NONE of us should have to go through the SAME story twice just to see another set of trees to spec from. When did I say my character is so great BTW if I wanna RESPEC him like yesterdays business. I love this gang mentality you ppl approach me with because I choose not to be a lemming like you. You guys must all live and work at Motel 6, because when the game closes up I hope they leave the light on for you.

I'm speaking to you respectfully yet you continue to shove insults. No matter how many good points you bring, you just discredit yourself when you bash. I have a 50 sorc and though they aren't the greatest class in the game, they take a lot of effort and some smart thinking to really shine in PvP. I may not be a powertech but I can hold out well with some fine positioning and timed attacks. I have more than the alts in my sig, but I mostly play my sorc and another alt.

Fact of the matter is that if you want to experience the other advanced class of a class you've already leveled, you have to reroll and experience it again, it sucks but it's how it is. The state of the game at the moment, something as irrelevant as an entire class respec is nowhere near the priority list as opposed to content. Dual Specs is a different story, but to change entire classes is just silly. And never did I say your character was great. You implied that you were getting destroyed in PvP, and if I am not wrong is why you want to go Powertech.

In the next major content patch (1.4), there is a high possibility that Powertechs will be nerfed, so again, let's say your dream comes true before the patch comes out, and then Powertechs get nerfed, will you be back asking for complete class respecs i.e Bounty hunter to Imperial Agent?

Edited by DjSnazzyduds

Anyone who is against Advanced Class respecs is just a fanboy. I mean, you choose which AC you want at level 10. That's way too early to really know which one you want to play. Also, it's not like you've played in PvP yet to see which is OP and which is average. You can't really expect players to make that big of a decision without knowing.

We should be able to respec pretty much everything about our characters. I mean, I didn't know Republic would suck so bad when I made my Jedi Knight. I want to switch him over from a Sentinel to a Juggernaut. It's not like I don't understand how to play a Juggernaut. I have about half of their moves, and I've seen tanks use the other half, so I can figure it out pretty easily.

Plus, I'm tired of being one of these dumb green guys. I don't even know how to say their name. I want to be a Pure Sith. This needs to change ASAP or I'm unsubbing. I can change all of this stuff in WoW, so I should be able to in SWTOR. WoW is SO much older, so if I can do it there, I should be able to in a new game.

Love how the word "fanboy" is shoved around as easily as you do. The whole world is filled with people who may disagree with topics you agree with. They are called people with opinions, not petty insults such as fanboys and drones.

You aren't forced to choose your Advanced Class. The forums and many other websites have tons of information regarding the advanced classes in order to help make a better decision. It's what many people do, it's how people choose classes based on their playstyle. You're also basing your desire based on basically 'Flavor of the month'. You shouldn't be choosing a class because it's OP, you should be choosing it because it's what you like, not because 20,000 other players are rolling it.

I play a Sorc, considered squishy and sloppy in PVP, I play it efficiently and do as good as a Marauder. Operative DPS is viable as well, Lethality snipers are amazing when played right, Darkness assassins great in their own way. The list goes on.

Stop basing this on "bad luck". You chose the class you're stuck with it. With every major patch comes major buffs and nerfs. No one ever knows who's class will strike lucky. So your point is moot.