The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can consulars get some love in the clothing area?

Faaaate

Is it just me or do all of the other classes have relatively cool to awesome armor the changes as levels progress and consulars just have the same armor with a different color scheme? Not to complain, and if anyone has any cool looking armor i think everyone would like to see it, but we really need some awesome modifiable armor. Inquisitors get really powerful looking robes as you keep progressing (mind you most of their awesome armor IS modifiable) and all we have is some decent looking robes from voss, hopefully we get some more jediey looking robes sometime in the near future...

As a Shadow, I would like a simple tunic of some sort - without a hood - that looks like I didn't steal it from some poor sap in 16th-century France. WHAT'S WITH ALL THE DAMN RUFFLES AND FRILLS?!?!?! Hell, I'm a gay man and I don't want to look like a girl in real life, much less in a game.

And would it kill the developers to give us some sleeveless male looks? The only sleeveless thing we can wear is the Black Hole tunic, and it's got that ridiculous little "House on the Prarie" hood.

What is with MMO developers and the barf-inspired outfits these days?!?!?

I think it's on purpose. since Jedi are not supposed to be in relationships, i figure they are making us completely unattractive to the opposite sex.

on another note....just got a chest drop from Maelstrom prison. first chestpiece since that lvl 14 reward that I actually liked. sort of like the voss chest, but more subtle designs and some nice green colors. looks good on my guy (shrug). but for the most part i agree with ya...half the reason that 3/4 of my toons are empire are the styles (Kira was right!)

I think it would be nice to have some nice Jedi looking robes. I just have my BH use his commendations on purple boxes and use the light armor that he gets LOL. Since that is all he gets from those things. So my shadow might look like an Assassin but I am better looking than most others. LOL. Just saying you can try and get the Sith Inq looking stuff and email it to your Consular. Thats what I did.

I wear the republic dancers top with the gloves. Elegant Skirt with the boots and hat (which is not seen)

And that is totally not fair. LOL!

I wish we could get a male version of the slave girl outfit. I would LOVE a bare-chested top to go with my orange Battlemaster footwear (almost barefoot) and a plain brown Jedi lower robe. That look plus my double-bladed lightsaber would be a KILLER look.

Very "Echani Battlemaster" if you know what I mean.

:cool:

Other than the "elegant" or "slavedancer" stuff, what top looks good? I really wish I could make Nadia Grell's starting gear; I'd totally wear that. I like the coat look a lot, but both the pve and pvp sets look terrible for non-shadows, imo.

I would like to see an outfit that looks like the gear Revan and c.o wore in Knights of the Old Republic 1. It's a very simple yet elegant design, and despite not copying anything from the movies it still looked very jedi-like.

I'd also like to see some outfit that does look like the gear we learn to identify the jedi with from the movies. The class that has come closest thus far has to be the Sith Inquisitor. For example, their level 20 pvp chestpiece: http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/screenshots/9097.jpg

It looks very similar to what anakin wears in EP 2 & 3, yet very different still. I'd love to see a brown/white version of that chestpiece for jedi consulars.

More than anything though, I want to see a hood-toggle. :/

Yeah I made a thread about this for Inquisitors a while back, their gear is the same basically 1-50. I'm someone who would rather have decent looking gear as opposed to having gear that benefits me better. Inquisitors get basically no change in gear besides the odd hood and colour scheme all the way to 50. I'm done with my Inquisitor now but hell it'd still be nice to see a change of appearance for them

I think it would be nice to have some nice Jedi looking robes. I just have my BH use his commendations on purple boxes and use the light armor that he gets LOL. Since that is all he gets from those things. So my shadow might look like an Assassin but I am better looking than most others. LOL. Just saying you can try and get the Sith Inq looking stuff and email it to your Consular. Thats what I did.

Have you really not noticed that the same items will look like Republic gear when you equip them? Every piece of visible armor acts the same way. (You can even preview items restricted to the opposite faction via ctrl-click, but it will still show as the version for your faction).

I refuse to wear that off-the-shoulder dress from War Hero/Denova gear. I've put the BH mods into my Rakata robe instead, and on my PVP set, I use a Voss Mystic robe with BM mods, with BM gloves, WH boots, legs and hat. This gives me the 4-piece bonus, and looks pretty good, even though I am still not a fan of the "horned" hat look, which I think looks like Shredder from TMNT, or some character from Mortal Kombat...

Edited by Ancaglon

More than anything though, I want to see a hood-toggle. :/

+ a Gazillion!!!!

You agonize over picking just the right combination of: face... make-up... complexion... hair and.... Pick the wrong armor and all of that goes away with NO CHANCE to show it off?

WTH?!!!

Why bother picking all that stuff at all then in that case? I mean, if all anyone's ever going to see for the next 40 levels (how many hundreds of hours of gameplay?) is a pair of eyes from the dark of a hood- why even have the options?

And, look, it's not like I think that the whole "Hood Thing" is completely worthless (one of my guildmates actually found a combination with one that works brilliantly with her choices)- my only point is- why does it seem so hard to find anything else?!!

I mean- yeah, there's the slave outfits- great, wonderful but- really! No offense to anyone but, I generally don't think of my female avatars as- well, Giving It Up To the Galaxy for a couple of creds or hiding behind the Star Wars equivalent of a burka!!!!

My females are cool, they are confident and they kick but on their own terms, thankyouverymuch... Why is it so hard to find armor that reflects that?:(

Edited by Dallayna

+ a Gazillion!!!!

You agonize over picking just the right combination of: face... make-up... complexion... hair and.... Pick the wrong armor and all of that goes away with NO CHANCE to show it off?

WTH?!!!

Why bother picking all that stuff at all then in that case? I mean, if all anyone's ever going to see for the next 40 levels (how many hundreds of hours of gameplay?) is a pair of eyes from the dark of a hood- why even have the options?

At least we consulars have a few moddable robes with the hood down. I hear that jedi knights don't have a single robe that has got the hood down. If you want to play without a hood you need trooper gear or the pvp gear at level 50. I can't believe there hasn't been a larger uproar about this on the forums.

I like to have the option of playing with a hood covering my character's face, but more often than not I want to see my character dangit. Bioware has really underestimated character customization in this game :(