Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

normal edition vs collectors

Macabakur

I saw reference to a 1000 cartel bonus for collecters edition, not sure how much this was at launch, I believe 89.99? or around there? What about us people who bought the normal edition for 59.99 we only get as many as the people who are now paying 15 dollars for the game?

just wondering, that doesn't really add up to me.. people who have subscriptions dating from january/february should get something for dropping 60 shouldn't we? maybe half of the cedition's 1000.. 500 would seem fair.. I bought this game january 11'th around 2 weeks or so after launch. Would seem reasonable for the people like me who paid full retail price get something for that.

or anyone with the founder's tag..

Edited by Macabakur

Everyone as of yet have had to have paid for a copy of the game, that won't be necessary when the F2P starts, but every buyer of the game will get cartel coins for the months they were subscribed. It might seem unfair that someone who paid around 100 dollars more get 1000 coins, but they did buy a special edition, and everyone who wants to play until the F2P starts must have bought a copy of the game.

I saw reference to a 1000 cartel bonus for collecters edition, not sure how much this was at launch, I believe 89.99? or around there? What about us people who bought the normal edition for 59.99 we only get as many as the people who are now paying 15 dollars for the game?

just wondering, that doesn't really add up to me.. people who have subscriptions dating from january/february should get something for dropping 60 shouldn't we? maybe half of the cedition's 1000.. 500 would seem fair.. I bought this game january 11'th around 2 weeks or so after launch. Would seem reasonable for the people like me who paid full retail price get something for that.

$150.00 USD.

I bought it.

People who came along after the 1st do not get the bonus points so you are mistaken. Also the CE was $150 not 90. You had the option to buy it but you chose not to.

What about us who first bought the normal edition because the CE was sold out, but then found a brand new retail copy, and bought that as well? :rak_02:

I think its only fair that the CE owners get more bling for their money. i am also yet to see any new items in the CE store even though they said that they were going to be adding stuff. :(

What about us who first bought the normal edition because the CE was sold out, but then found a brand new retail copy, and bought that as well? :rak_02:

I think its only fair that the CE owners get more bling for their money. i am also yet to see any new items in the CE store even though they said that they were going to be adding stuff. :(

Don't forget about Taunta :p

I still feel if you bought a physical copy of the game (no matter which version and price), and paid for a sub beyond the free month, you shouldn't lose access to content the game has prior to going from P2P to F2P. But that's just me. And I realize very few companies see it that way, too.

I still feel if you bought a physical copy of the game (no matter which version and price), and paid for a sub beyond the free month, you shouldn't lose access to content the game has prior to going from P2P to F2P. But that's just me. And I realize very few companies see it that way, too.

That is ridiculous. Why would they allow you to access all content so far free if youre not paying a sub? These are MMOs, not console game where you pay once and boom youre done. It doesn't make practical sense or business sense. Have you EVER come across and MMO that went F2P but allowed the subbers and non-subbers access to the exact same content? No of course not.

That is ridiculous. Why would they allow you to access all content so far free if youre not paying a sub? These are MMOs, not console game where you pay once and boom youre done. It doesn't make practical sense or business sense. Have you EVER come across and MMO that went F2P but allowed the subbers and non-subbers access to the exact same content? No of course not.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but purchasing the disc and my sub paid for access to this content, right?

So, why yank it, only to make me repay for it?

Far as subbers and non subbers having the same access, don't know about that. But not once did I ever say if you bought the game, you're entitled to ALL content. All content before F2P? Yes. All content from F2P and beyond? No.

But I do know this: if you bought LOTRO, when it went F2P you could access the content the game came with (even if you stopped subbing). Second, in DCUO those who bought the game ($59.99 on the PS3; FYI 70% of its player base is on the PS3 which is why I listed how much it cost there) and those who spent $9.99 on their store are all "Premium". Some how those two figure are not equal to me. One reason I stopped playing (I can afford the sub---left that for this) but if I drop to Premium [if you bought the game, you're Premium for life, as is anyone who spends 9.99], I don't want the access as someone who just had to spend $9.99 versus what I spent. But that's me.

Edited by jason_ralph

Correct me if I'm wrong, but purchasing the disc and my sub paid for access to this content, right?

Far as subbers and non subbers having the same access, don't know about that. But not once did I ever say if you bought the game, you're entitled to ALL content. All content before F2P? Yes. All content from F2P and beyond? No.

But I do know this: if you bought LOTRO, when it went F2P you could access the content the game came with (even if you stopped subbing). Second, in DCUO those who bought the game ($59.99 on the PS3; FYI 70% of its player base is on the PS3 which is why I listed how much it cost there) and those who spent $9.99 on their store are all "Premium". Some how those two figure are not equal to me. One reason I stopped playing (I can afford the sub---left that for this) but if I drop to Premium [if you bought the game, you're Premium for life, as is anyone who spends 9.99], I don't want the access as someone who just had to spend $9.99 versus what I spent. But that's me.

What happens right now if you stop paying? Enough said.

Only partially correct. You could go to all the zones, but you didn't get the quests unless you bought quest packs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.