WAVE System is a reward for Loyalty and Egerness, not a punishment.

Sinku

To which i said;

Yeah that sucks, but its not BioWares fault. Your anger or whatever you are having is misdirected. The REtailer provided slow service not BioWare

My local gamestop told me they weren't given any pre-order codes by bioware.

Please stop trying to defend BioWare when they obviously have dropped the ball.

Brown Nosing won't get you into the game any faster.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

as someone who has seen every sw movie 100s of times .. and has been a loyal diehard sw fan for forever .. but didnt have $60 to spend on a game the second they decided to start selling it .. I am offended.

Well thats also not BioWares fault. So you were financially unable to preorder. Many other people preordered the day of and they are probably not swimming in cash. The world isn't always fair.

Isn't it acceptable that the WAVE system that they are going with is more of a reward for the fans that preordered ASAP and not a punishment?

If you preordered immediately then you are likely in the game now. If you waited then you are waiting now. They aren't out to punish you--the most devoted people are now playing the game. Sure there are a few of you who didn't get your code right away, or Best Buy screwed you over and that sucks, but the world isn't always fair and you can't blame BioWare for Best Buys lack of customer support.

They aren't trying to screw anyone over by doing this wave system, they are actually making your experience in the game better because there will be no lag. Two weeks from now when everyone is in the game all these threads about the wave system will seem pretty silly.

If you can't wait 4 more days, likely less, to play this game you are way too emotionally invested in playing SWTOR. How someone can get so angry about a GAME just baffles me. You have nothig else to do? Even if you took time off from school or work its still your own fault. You took time off for something that wasn't a guarantee and it blew up on you. STILL cannot be mad at BioWare.

As long as you preordered the game and get to play before December 20th Bioware has fulfilled every promise they made to you when you preordered.

When pre-orders opened the 21st if July, they didn't say anything about waves or staggered access.

So I can understand why some are perturbed over this.

But then again, if we had known, everyone would have ordered on the Jul 21st and Bioware would just award access by what time on the 21st you redeemed your code :p

Isn't it acceptable that the WAVE system that they are going with is more of a reward for the fans that preordered ASAP and not a punishment?

If you preordered immediately then you are likely in the game now. If you waited then you are waiting now. They aren't out to punish you--the most devoted people are now playing the game. Sure there are a few of you who didn't get your code right away, or Best Buy screwed you over and that sucks, but the world isn't always fair and you can't blame BioWare for Best Buys lack of customer support.

They aren't trying to screw anyone over by doing this wave system, they are actually making your experience in the game better because there will be no lag. Two weeks from now when everyone is in the game all these threads about the wave system will seem pretty silly.

If you can't wait 4 more days, likely less, to play this game you are way too emotionally invested in playing SWTOR. How someone can get so angry about a GAME just baffles me. You have nothig else to do? Even if you took time off from school or work its still your own fault. You took time off for something that wasn't a guarantee and it blew up on you. STILL cannot be mad at BioWare.

As long as you preordered the game and get to play before December 20th Bioware has fulfilled every promise they made to you when you preordered.

No, this system is just a plain bad idea. Simple as that.

I don't think most people are angry because it isn't a fair system but the lack of information on when they will get to play. Some of us are eager to play but have no clue as to when they can play other than "some time this week" when other people are already playing. A rough estimate even if its just narrowed down to a day, would be a lot better than "sometime this week".

You can use any excuse you want, it still doesn't justify alienating a large portion of the player base.

It's not an excuse it's the FACTS.

You preordered the day it was available--you would be playing right now.

YOU didn't preorder the day it was available--you are now waiting.

THats not a hard concept to grasp--there are no excuses or anythign like that. Its just the facts that are right in front of you. BioWare is doign what is as fair as anything can be. You preordered and you get in, in that order. Why is there a problem or controversy here?

Except for the people who got screwed out of their pre-order codes after pre-ordering on July 21st.

I paid for my CE in full, didn't get my pre-order until 10 days later.

Exactly. This system would work perfectly if there were no problems with pre-order codes. I never got mine from gamestop and waited literally months before I cancelled and got one from origin. My mistake I know I shouldn't have been so patient. I didn't realize how important it was to get that code in.

I am upset because I should be playing today but never got my code. The system is quite fair other than that. Not sure how many people had similar problems though.

I am crossing my fingers for the 15th since I have the day off. If not then whenever I guess.

My local gamestop told me they weren't given any pre-order codes by bioware.

Please stop trying to defend BioWare when they obviously have dropped the ball.

Brown Nosing won't get you into the game any faster.

You have an honest gamestop lol. I went to the one nearby in september and preordered; they told me to come back in the first week of november to get the code. I come back and the managers the one working; tells me the last supply of codes was in early september. Ended up canceling my preorder and bought off origin.

For real though; its only a matter of a few days.

All I know is anyone who ordered in july didn't even know how much the monthly sub was.

So it was kinda like buying a car, making a down payment and accepting that the monthly payment was going to be set later.

Loyalty, Eagerness and Stupidity leaps to mind.

Some of us would not pre-order till we had the full details, so they get told you don't get day 1 access because you didn't let us at least have the oppurtunity to screw you over.

GG Bioware.

Fortunately for me I have christmas shopping to do and a tree to get. So I can sit tight till the 15th.

come the 15th I don't care what day i ordered if I am not in by the end I am out with my wife's and two siblings following.

No no no! i ordered and redeemed day one..

Exactly. This system would work perfectly if there were no problems with pre-order codes. I never got mine from gamestop and waited literally months before I cancelled and got one from origin. My mistake I know I shouldn't have been so patient. I didn't realize how important it was to get that code in.

I am upset because I should be playing today but never got my code. The system is quite fair other than that. Not sure how many people had similar problems though.

I am crossing my fingers for the 15th since I have the day off. If not then whenever I guess.

Agreed, this is the reason I and most likely others like me, are upset. If I got the code and didn't redeem it right away, I only have myself to blame.

I contacted BioWare immediatelly. The first response was basically telling me to not worry about it. Second response was them directing me to the Early Game Access FAQ page. Third time around all they could say was they couldn't comment on it.

It is unacceptable.

as someone who has seen every sw movie 100s of times .. and has been a loyal diehard sw fan for forever .. but didnt have $60 to spend on a game the second they decided to start selling it .. I am offended.

This, 100x over

except idc about the startrek movies

Edited by Neolism

Good post,

Eh, this doesn't make any sense.

I pre-ordered as soon as I could pre-order, July 21st. Unfortunately, Game did not send their codes out for a few days, so I couldn't put my code in until the 26th, I believe.

I don't have early access yet. Based off what you said, I should be in by now but I'm not. So that is a load of rubbish.

Here's the problem: I pre-ordered early, BUT I didn't know that I had to REDEEM the damn thing on the website for early access via a QUEUE. So I pre-ordered early, but won't get in for a few days. I call ********.

Thousands of others found the information and registered. So just because you didn't see it bioware is screwing you over?

Im not trying to pick a fight with everyone but seriously you're all mad at your own issues.

Didn't have money at the time? No BioWares problem.

Best Buy didn't send your code? Not BioWares problem.

Didn't know you had to register your preorder? STILL not BioWares problem because other people did know and saw the information

Ordered day one and still not in? I find that VERY hard to believe.

BioWare led you on? Also find that very hard to believe.

All of you are mad at BioWare because of your own mistakes. Thousands of others had money, followed directions and ordered from origin and are now playing. I have a hard time understanding how BioWare is in the wrong for you screwing up.

I don't think most people are angry because it isn't a fair system but the lack of information on when they will get to play. Some of us are eager to play but have no clue as to when they can play other than "some time this week" when other people are already playing. A rough estimate even if its just narrowed down to a day, would be a lot better than "sometime this week".
I know that's my husband's complaint. We didn't expect to get in today, or even tomorrow really (hoping, but not expecting) but he has been freaking HYPER waiting for info on when he'll get to play.