[HEAVY SPOILERS] Knights of the Old Republic references

Deviss

Copied topic from the old forums.

THIS TOPIC WILL BE UPDATED ONCE PEOPLE POST NEW SPOILERS.

KotOR:

Revan

Players get to meet Revan in two flashpoints. If you are Republic, you rescue and break Revan out of Taral V prison. If you are Empire, you confront him later on in The Foundary flashpoint and... kill him.

And I do not think that empire players can chose to not fight Revan. They have to kill him. So it's canon that he dies I guess. Taral V flashpoint stroyline occurs BEFORE The Foundary storyline.

When you rescue him, he tells you that the Emperor imprisoned him for over 300 years and kept him alive with Sith alchemy. He used him as a link to the light side of the force. The link worked both ways and Revan managed to influence the Emperor and temper his hate - convince him that peace was in his best interest. Jedi Exile's ghost appears and Revan swears to finish what he, along with his friend started. Jedi Exile died while attempting to stop the Sith Emperor. More about that in Revan novel. That is the end of flashpoint.

Revan leaves and goes to The Foundary, ancient rakata complex. Complex was guarded for 300 years by HK-47 with who I am sure, you are all familiar with. Army of destructive battle droids is being produced at this complex and Revan plans to release it on the Sith Empire. Droids will wipe out 99.7% of the Empire's population - all members of sith race. Players stop Revan and kill him. When Revan dies he says: "As the darkness takes me, I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, my friend". It's open for interpretation, but I believe that Revan is refering to Darth Malak. He dies the same way as Malak did - a bit ironic isn't it?

What do you think about all this? I heared a lot of people complain that BioWare kept Revan alive only to turn him to the dark side and than kill him. Why does everyone assume he turned to the dark side? He wants to save the Republic and he can do it only by annihilating Sith Empire. What would you do in his place? If killing entire race would save my friends/family and would mean victory for my faction I would do it without any secound thoughts. Still, this ending quote kind of confirms that he turned to the DS. This sucks if you ask me.

Still, there is no corpse left and he just vanished. So, it is VERY LIKELY that he is alive.

If you know anything else about Revan, post it here.

There are also 2 quest lines related to directly to Revan if you chose Sith Empire faction. First one is on Dromund Kaas - you discover secret cult of Revan and become member of it (or you decide to destroy it). The members of the order of Revan call themselfs Revanites.

Another quest is on Nar Shadda - you are given a task of discovering Revan's secret complex. It is defended by droids and aliens that lived in it for over three centuries.

Email response from Drew Karpyshyn:

I don't want to spoil too much about Revan in the game, but I'll try to answer your questions. Revan's lines were really just an homage to Darth Malak's quote from KOTOR, though it's easy to imagine he had been a little corrupted after 300 years battling the Emperor's evil.

As for Revan's final fate, you never actually see him die. He just sort of disappears, so we left the door open just a little bit in case we want to ever bring him back.

Bastila Shan

Not much, as a Jedi Consular you get to talk to her via holocron. In the holocron, she is a Jedi Master and is older than in KotOR.

HK-47

Players destroy him in The Foundary flashpoint. Later on we get to fight him again. Where? In another Flashpoint - Darth Malgus rebuilt him and now uses him as his personal bodyguard droid. OMG! Such a lame sith gets such an awesome droid? Srsly? Only Revan can be allowed to have HK-47 as his companion.

Canderous Ordo

We only know that there are 2 factions of Mandalorians. Main faction supports Sith Empire. Second faction believes that it should follow the path of Mandalore the Preserver aka Canderous Ordo and support Republic in it's war effort.

Smugglers will loot Canderous Ordo's skull from a vault while on their class quest to rob an Imperial treasury ship at the end of chapter 2. Its purple "epic" quality, but serves no purpose other than as a quest item and is not mentioned by any characters.

Carth Onasi

Unknown

Jolee Bindo

Unknown

Juhani

Unknown

Mission Vao

Mission and Big Z start and run a small business together (some kind of shop), and Revan didn't want them to come along on his quest to Dromund Kaas because they had finally found some stability. While Mission is probably not alive by now, it is possible that we will get to meet Zaalbar.

Zaalbar

Read above. We may get to meet him somewhere - maybe on Kashyyyk as a chieftan or on Taris? We will see.

T3-M4

T3-M4 is destroyed. He was blown up into million pieces when Revan and Jedi Exile confronted the Emperor. But he is a droid, so maybe he will come back? ;o

Trask Ulgo

Apparently his descendant is a nutjob that is behind Alderaan crisis... It's just one of the countless references to minor KotOR characters.

KotOR 2:TSL

Jedi Exile

Her canon name is Meetra Surik. She manages to find Revan and confronts the Emperor alongside him. They are betrayed by Lord Scourge and the Exile is stabbed in her back... and so she dies. Sucks if you ask me but meh. Not a fitting end for KotOR 2 main character.

Kreia

There is a theory floating around amongst us long term testers, that Kreia shows up in the SW story as the Dark Side Entity. You can't see her face, but there is mention of her almost wiping out life in the galaxy a few hundred years ago via the Force and it's the first thought that popped into a lot of our minds, "Hey, I think that's Kreia!"

If you have more information concering other KotOR characters, post it here please.

Edited by Deviss

I just finished reading Revan novel... I feel so sad and... empty right now. :(

When T3-M4 was destroyed, I felt so sad... and then the Exile got stabbed in the back by that imbecile Lord Scourge because he had a DAMN VISION. :mad:

And Revan not being able to meet Bastila ever again - :(

I do not understand one thing though...

Bastila knew about the Sith threat... she saw a Sith on the holo recording. How come she did not do anything? She just assumed there was one Sith that Revan managed to stop? -,- Oh come on, she is smarter than that. Besides, she knew that Exile went after him. So I guess she just forgot about Meetra?

On a side note, it would be interesting to see Satele Shan speak to Revan. He is like grand, grand, grand father to her. And after you finish Taral V flashpoint, he actually tells you that he will meet with the Jedi Council on Typhon to pass on the knowledge he gained about the Emperor and the Sith Empire.

Edited by Deviss

Taris info

There are a lot of minor story references on Taris. For Republic side, you get to run through the crashed Endar Spire. There is also a quest that details what happened to Rukil and the people he led to the promised land. Apparently it wasn't so promised, as they are apparently reduced to a nomad like state and eventually killed off completely by the rakghouls a few generations after Rukil.

There are also a few small references in the planet quest dialogues to the development of the rakghoul serum and the swoop bike accelerator you recover from the vulkars in kotor.

Edited by Revyri

HK-47

Players destroy him in The Foundary flashpoint. Later on we get to fight him again. Where? In another Flashpoint - Darth Malgus rebuilt him and now uses him as his personal bodyguard droid. OMG! Such a lame sith gets such an awesome droid? Srsly? Only Revan can be allowed to have HK-47 as his companion.

Um, Deviss, do you recall what happened to all of HK's previous masters?

Revan and Exile were the only one's HK didn't kill.

Taris info

There are a lot of minor story references on Taris. For Republic side, you get to run through the crashed Endar Spire. There is also a quest that details what happened to Rukil and the people he led to the promised land. Apparently it wasn't so promised, as they are apparently reduced to a nomad like state and eventually killed off completely by the rakghouls a few generations after Rukil.

There are also a few small references in the planet quest dialogues to the development of the rakghoul serum and the swoop bike accelerator you recover from the vulkars in kotor.

Nice, can't wait to explore Taris. I am level 37 atm so I guess I will get there soon. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Mission Vao

Mission and Big Z start and run a small business together (some kind of shop), and Revan didn't want them to come along on his quest to Dromund Kaas because they had finally found some stability. While Mission is probably not alive by now, it is possible that we will get to meet Zaalbar.

Trask Ulgo

Apparently his descendant is a nutjob that is behind Alderaan crisis... It's just one of the countless references to minor KotOR characters.

Kreia

There is a theory floating around amongst us long term testers, that Kreia shows up in the SW story as the Dark Side Entity. You can't see her face, but there is mention of her almost wiping out life in the galaxy a few hundred years ago via the Force and it's the first thought that popped into a lot of our minds, "Hey, I think that's Kreia!"

I thought Trask Ulgo was killed by a dark Jedi that Revan later confronted in KotOR. Where do you find out about Mission and Zaalbar? Kreia was my favorite character from KotOR 2. Where does she show up?

I thought Trask Ulgo was killed by a dark Jedi that Revan later confronted in KotOR. Where do you find out about Mission and Zaalbar? Kreia was my favorite character from KotOR 2. Where does she show up?

He was killed, but who said he could not have kid before that happened? :rolleyes:

As for Mission and Zaalbar - they are mentioned only in "Revan" novel.

Kreia shows up in Sith Warrior's main story line. She is the entity that was imprisoned and used by Darth Baras. No one is 100% sure that it is in fact her but it seems very, very likely.

Malak's final words after Revan/you kill him in KOTOR are: "As the darkness takes me, I am nothing"

You can see the wreckage of the Endar Spire on Taris. There's also a republic quest line relating to the exiles who Revan helped while there.

On Corellia as an Imperial there's a passing mention of the "Onasi Memorial", presumably memorialising Carth.

Regarding Revan's plans though... the Extermination Droids are designed to kill anyone with Sith blood. Other races and Sith have interbred to the extent that 99.97% of the population of the Empire have Sith blood. So its not just the Sith Lords they're going after; they're going to kill practically every man, woman and child in the entire Empire. That's well and truly jumping off the slippery slope.

Also, in the Foundry Flashpoint, the fight ends when Revan i's on about 2% health; further suggesting he'll be back.

They used a technique that they learned from Qui-Gon Jinn, the one who discovered it.

If I remember correctly, Yoda said Qui-Gon had "rediscovered" the technique or something along those lines. AKA, it was one of those old jedi tricks that had been forgotten over the years and Qui-Gon relearned it. So it is possible that the jedis of the Old Republic knew how to do that force ghost thing...at least some of them.

Still, there is no corpse left and he just vanished. So, it is VERY LIKELY that he is alive.

He's dead Jim.

All your hopes and attempts to turn it into something it's not are entirely misguided.

Revan died, and it was a poetic and great ending.

Cept where the Bioware story writer actually said they didn't fully kill him in a bid to be able to bring him back at a later date. You keep believing what makes you happy though.

Like I fully intend to keep believing that was just a clone of Revan who went mad, and the real Revan died ages ago back in his own time period.

Edited by Urivial

Cept where the Bioware story writer actually said they didn't fully kill him in a bid to be able to bring him back at a later date. You keep believing what makes you happy though.

Like I fully intend to keep believing that was just a clone of Revan who went mad, and the real Revan died ages ago back in his own time period.

Link.

Kreia shows up in Sith Warrior's main story line. She is the entity that was imprisoned and used by Darth Baras. No one is 100% sure that it is in fact her but it seems very, very likely.

Why would anyone see that as likely?

Edited by Vromrig

An alleged email from Drew saying "Just in case"...that's your argument that he definitively did not die?

lol ok.

More proof towards his cause than yours.

His has: No body, percentage of health left.

Yours has: Very opinionated, immensely hutt burt.

More proof towards his cause than yours.

His has: No body, percentage of health left.

Yours has: Very opinionated, immensely hutt burt.

The only butt hurtness is by the plethora of people that watched not only Revan explode, but in essence say, rather Shakespearean, "I am slain", then have the covert art for this game look at you and say, "Revan's story is ended."

You're grasping at straws and desperately throwing fan fiction at the matter in the hopes that a great ending goes away.

The only butt hurtness is by the plethora of people that watched not only Revan explode, but in essence say, rather Shakespearean, "I am slain", then have the covert art for this game look at you and say, "Revan's story is ended."

You're grasping at straws and desperately throwing fan fiction at the matter in the hopes that a great ending goes away.

So what are we to do if we can't even imagine or hope anymore?

What's the point in coming in and trying to rustle some jimmies on a subject that's uncertain?