Why people have reason to complain about the game

Tershius

I see frequently posters compare SWTOR to the original launch of WoW.

"When WoW launched it didn't have this or this and had this......" And they try to say that we should not complain about SWTOR's failing because WoW had the same problem. The only problem is this:

WoW came out in 2004. Welcome to 2012. Even if we go based off of release date, you get 2011. If you were to go to Best Buy and the clerk tried to sell you a 2004 laptop for $1000 you would laugh at him. "But it was good in 2004!" Guess what, technology improved. You expect better because it can be better. When you say "WoW had this and this and this problem" you're only trying to hide the fact that SWTOR has a problem and therefore because WoW had it, that SWTOR having it is just business as usual

I want to make it clear, SWTOR succeeds in areas that WoW even today still struggles in. But there's only so far you can go before you hold SWTOR to a 2012 standard. You dont expect to buy a luxury car in 2012 without heated seats because luxury cars in 2004 didn't have them, why would gaming be any different?

He will be having a load of fun in a few months as the population continues to decline if the problems with this game are not fixed, and I'm not talking about going F2P.

Read the big why I quit thread with its thousands of reasons why former players have had enough.

Read the Customer service section about all the players who have been unable to even log in in weeks.

This game is filled with game killing bugs and flaws. Those need to be fixed and fixed fast. Even free players who encounter these things will simply leave rather than spend hours frustrated at their computers.

He will be having a load of fun in a few months as the population continues to decline if the problems with this game are not fixed, and I'm not talking about going F2P.

Read the big why I quit thread with its thousands of reasons why former players have had enough.

Read the Customer service section about all the players who have been unable to even log in in weeks.

This game is filled with game killing bugs and flaws. Those need to be fixed and fixed fast. Even free players who encounter these things will simply leave rather than spend hours frustrated at their computers.

that's the thing the righteous defenders are missing.. the f2p situation isn't the real problem with the game.. it's only a result of the many issues people have.

but hey go ahead and say the game is perfect and that you'll be here in 10 years.. make sure you don't open your mouth while your head is in the sand, it'll get in your teeth

I see frequently posters compare SWTOR to the original launch of WoW.

"When WoW launched it didn't have this or this and had this......" And they try to say that we should not complain about SWTOR's failing because WoW had the same problem. The only problem is this:

WoW came out in 2004. Welcome to 2012. Even if we go based off of release date, you get 2011. If you were to go to Best Buy and the clerk tried to sell you a 2004 laptop for $1000 you would laugh at him. "But it was good in 2004!" Guess what, technology improved. You expect better because it can be better. When you say "WoW had this and this and this problem" you're only trying to hide the fact that SWTOR has a problem and therefore because WoW had it, that SWTOR having it is just business as usual

I want to make it clear, SWTOR succeeds in areas that WoW even today still struggles in. But there's only so far you can go before you hold SWTOR to a 2012 standard. You dont expect to buy a luxury car in 2012 without heated seats because luxury cars in 2004 didn't have them, why would gaming be any different?

By your argument, weve been producing automobiles since the 19th century.....they should be flawless by now with no defects.

See your living in a fantasy world where everything as it should be.....welcome to real life, it's ugly. But hey, i guess when GW2 is released and its the flawless messiah of MMO with no bugs or glitches or any single flaw we will be saved right? right?

If the genre is around in 2050, it will still have the same problems. I've been in the mmo genre over 10 years and things are still the same as they were back then, it's the players that have changed.

Edited by TKMaster

Artistic endeavors don't follow this model. Silly analogies are silly.