Why do people hate SWTOR, really?

darthspaz

This pvp is awful!

I'm glad they went F2P, will bring more folks in. The game was bleeding subs....in today's market, folks are not willing to pay $15/month for a bad game anymore.

fixed

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fixed

This

I'm still paying for my 6 month sub to Rift, because I love the game, I love playing it. I wish my friends would move to Rift with me, but sadly they are all playing WoW and SWTOR, so I continue to play SWTOR to raid (WoW sub's been cancelled for a while) and play Rift casually because I can't commit to raiding in two games at once right now.

I'm not optimistic about the F2P transition.

I've seen multiple F2P switchovers, some good, some bad, and I do NOT have faith that EA is going to do it right.

EA is basically a cancer on the games industry. They kill fun, buy up great developers and run them into the ground for profit, and have the absolute WORST customer service I've ever seen. You're either naive or stupid if you really think that the game is going to be better off after this transition. BEAware ain't no Turbine.

Edited by Beslley

Trolls....hate anything they do.

Plus beyond high expectations. People expected TOR to be the Second Coming or something...everyone wanted "EVERYTHING NOW!!!!!!!" all the time. Very unrealistic playerbase...that is what happened.

No content since 1.2? I don't think that's unrealistic at all to expect new content. In fact any company that thinks that unrealistic I won't sub to. Oh wait.

No content since 1.2? I don't think that's unrealistic at all to expect new content. In fact any company that thinks that unrealistic I won't sub to. Oh wait.

Yup.

Weren't promises made of monthly content updates and 500 planets in 10 years fairly early on? I think the intention was there along with the expression of that intention, too bad they couldn't live up to their promises for whatever reasons.

A stand up person or company upon realizing they were unable to live up to their promises would eat some crow and admit this as soon as it was known in my book. I guess my ability to take Biowares word at face value is now shot. My trust in them to do right by me as a customer is now shot.

I love this game but it frustrates me so. Bioware you need to redouble your efforts to live up to your promises if you want to regain credibility in my eyes.

You have been promising more content. Time to start delivering.

You recently promised to communicate more. Time to start communicating.

Soon!

Edited by Catsmeat

Nowadays I think that a game must have a solid pvp element that is strong enough to be able to attract the hard core pvp gamer community to it. I don't pvp that much and certainly not to that level, but I think that when this type of gaming community is attracted to an MMO, it speaks volumes about the games mechanics, performance and longevity.

I think most of that specific target audience left within a couple of months because of the ability delay and responsiveness issues that were posted over and over in one of the longest threads on this forum. I believe the game at this stage is as good as it gets and can never be at a level of performance that would provide this higher tier of competitive entertainment.

I don't 'Hate' the game for not being able to provide this, it just annoys me because it feels like the game isn't going to be around for that much longer once other titles are released. Such a waste of potential revenue and publicity for the game.