Hybrid 16/25/0 Help?

Rayneia

Hello folks!

I'm still trying to get my head back into the game with my Jugg after spending most of my time playing as a Sin. I have seen a good bit of talk about this hybrid spec but I've not seen an actual link to it or a rotation guide. Can one of you please help me out with this?

I tried rage in PvP and hated having everything rotate around smash. I figure this would be more fun to try out.

Thanks!

Hello folks!

I'm still trying to get my head back into the game with my Jugg after spending most of my time playing as a Sin. I have seen a good bit of talk about this hybrid spec but I've not seen an actual link to it or a rotation guide. Can one of you please help me out with this?

I tried rage in PvP and hated having everything rotate around smash. I figure this would be more fun to try out.

Thanks!

PvP or PvE? i know you said PvP when you referred to rage, but you didn't specify your ultimate goal with the hybrid build. and what help do you need with it? rotation? gearing? a few more details will help us flesh out some ideas for you

PVE: You'll be in the off-tank role. Wear DPS gear for boss fights that do not require you to tank. Wear tank gear for boss fights that require you to tank. Your rotation will be very similar to full Immortal, just be sure to go: Impale -> Force Scream / Vicious Throw for the auto-crit.

PVP: You'll be in the tank role. Wear Vindicator armor. Use Force Choke as a stun. Roll in Soresu stance and guard who needs to be guarded. Paired with a healer and you're hard to kill until the healer dies. You're also a good ball carrier in Huttball with that immunity to CC after Force Charge. Same thing for: Impale -> Force Scream / Vicious Throw.

PvP or PvE? i know you said PvP when you referred to rage, but you didn't specify your ultimate goal with the hybrid build. and what help do you need with it? rotation? gearing? a few more details will help us flesh out some ideas for you

This is for PvP actually. I don't suppose anyone could drop me a link to this spec? I've not seen it before on one of those talent calculators.

PVE: You'll be in the off-tank role. Wear DPS gear for boss fights that do not require you to tank. Wear tank gear for boss fights that require you to tank. Your rotation will be very similar to full Immortal, just be sure to go: Impale -> Force Scream / Vicious Throw for the auto-crit.

PVP: You'll be in the tank role. Wear Vindicator armor. Use Force Choke as a stun. Roll in Soresu stance and guard who needs to be guarded. Paired with a healer and you're hard to kill until the healer dies. You're also a good ball carrier in Huttball with that immunity to CC after Force Charge. Same thing for: Impale -> Force Scream / Vicious Throw.

I play the hybrid as a Guardian. Your assessment of PvP is very accurate, although I wear War Hero (tanking) gear and do just fine. Also, change "good ball carrier" to "amazing".

However I object to the line "you'll be in the off-tank role" for PvE. Given the slight survivability trade off, which is essentially 4% shield chance for 4% kinetic and weapon damage reduction (& slight [almost negligible] temporary buffs from Force leap, and turning focused defense into a viable cooldown [usually requires taunts to maintain aggro]); the hybrid arguably takes less damage than the immortal/defense juggernaut/guardian. That said, the hybrid also makes a superior off-tank due to having shien form and a better damage output (which removes the disadvantage of having less aggro-grabbing moves [hilt strike & guardian slash] when main tanking). Biggest disadvantage is the hybrid has more frequently high focus-cost moves, and less focus 'freebies (courage/cyclonic sweeps), but this is entirely manageable.

Link to the build I use in juggernaut terminology.

Edited by MyDarkSunshine
clarifying a move.

The reason why a hybrid Jugg would be best in the off-tank role is not so much that their survivability is low. In fact, it's reasonably better than Immortal Juggernauts. To find out exactly how much more damage it reduces, just compare +5% from Deafening Defense to 100* ( Shield chance w/ +0.04 (from Shield Specialization) * Shield absorption ). For my Juggernaut, Deafening Defense gives +2.5% damage reduction against Melee/Ranged attacks that's on a flat damage reduction and doesn't require a shield procing.

What makes hybrid Juggs an excellent off-tank is that their damage output in DPS gear (assuming it's on progression DPS gear) matches what a DPS a couple tiers below would be able to do. In boss fights where only one tank is needed (Eternity Vault, Bonethrasher, Karagga), the hybrid Juggernaut can switch into a DPS role without having to change anything but their gear.

The DPS output of hybrid Juggs while in tanking stance and gear is pretty good. Currently, I beat the Assassin tank in my regular raid group in DPS while tanking. This makes threat generation as a hybrid Jugg extremely easy.

Hello folks!

Thanks!

Check my guide on my signature link, it is also in our forums ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.