Cartel coins = P2W in Disguise???

Kenjigreat

That is my largest concern. I personally hate the F2P but i agree with the guy that said NO Ops for F2P otherwise there would be no incentive to sub. Anyone has comments on how this thing will go ? Edited by Kenjigreat

That is my largest concern. I personally hate the F2P but i agree with the guy that said NO Ops for F2P otherwise there would be no incentive to sub. Anyone has comments on how this thing will go ?

Not many details out yet. It seems mostly cosmetic and quality of life features now. Social gear with new looks, more bag space, and the such.

This is my main concern as well. I have read somewhere you are able to buy 'Boosts' with Cartel Coins and BioWare have not specified what these boosts are. I am very curious about these coins, but I have a feeling it is just another way for EA to monetize the game by taking advantage of F2P players. This is EA, they'll always find a way to monetize the game one way or another. Even so, they do not care what we think anyway - I remember watching something by an EA representative that basically said 'We do not care about your opinion unless you have developed games before'. This is a large majority of us, we might as well just forget about complaining and get back to the game, our opinions will not be taken into account.

That is my largest concern. I personally hate the F2P but i agree with the guy that said NO Ops for F2P otherwise there would be no incentive to sub. Anyone has comments on how this thing will go ?

They should divide it as expansions.

The mistake from the beginning was that BW had patches of free content when they should have had a B2P or the GW1 model from the beginning. Then they could have planned better to have the important things at launch without the need of patches, and have enough end game content so people can wait for the expansion and pay for that.

Then there is no issue of transitions from P2P to F2P/B2B, since it should have been like that.

P2P seems like the standard of milking people during the hype phase with an unfinished MMO. Its the MMO trend, and the only fluke that manages to be a major success with P2P is WoW, but its also that it has a strong presence in the gaming community with Warcraft 1/2/3 and of course SC.

Edited by VegaPhone