So wait one sec, is this SWG?

kirorx

I was looking at some of these purchasable items, the rancor hologram and the mediation chair and could not help but think about the TCG gifts from SWG.

At first I thought these would be items we could just call up, much like that music playing droid (which is pretty cool)

But, calling up a meditation chair? Could this mean that we may be seeing the ability to decorate our ships?

I am doubtfull we will see player housing, mostly due to the structure of the planets and it does clutter the scenery, but ship decor would be interesting and I know people (i am guily as well) spent a great deal of RL money on decorative items in SWG.

This whole shop idea is bringing back much repressed nostalgia, if i can decorate my ship with star wars lore items, i know i will.

It is alot better to buy an item outright then the gambling system SWG implemented (that was rough, and expensive)

Cant wait to see more on this. Not sure about this F2P move, but only time will tell.

Could be terrible, could be awesome.

I was looking at some of these purchasable items, the rancor hologram and the mediation chair and could not help but think about the TCG gifts from SWG.

At first I thought these would be items we could just call up, much like that music playing droid (which is pretty cool)

But, calling up a meditation chair? Could this mean that we may be seeing the ability to decorate our ships?

I am doubtfull we will see player housing, mostly due to the structure of the planets and it does clutter the scenery, but ship decor would be interesting and I know people (i am guily as well) spent a great deal of RL money on decorative items in SWG.

This whole shop idea is bringing back much repressed nostalgia, if i can decorate my ship with star wars lore items, i know i will.

It is alot better to buy an item outright then the gambling system SWG implemented (that was rough, and expensive)

Cant wait to see more on this. Not sure about this F2P move, but only time will tell.

With the instance technology, there is no reason they cannot make housing instances and create all the housing they want. However, I would expect your right, ships and those type of customizations are great ways to entice folks to part with the tokens.

Looks to me, like Turbine has invaded Bioware. (not a shot, turbine is brilliant at making money with games) and Lotro is a very decent if not grindy game.

The meditation chair, hover, or mechno was more like a vehicle in swg, and you could perform actions from it like fishing over open water.

The chair you may be thinking about was the chair you could get from the christmas event. I forget what it was called....oh, it was called the proton chair. It was nice looking, and played a soothing female voice.

Edited by Hambunctious

I never spent RL money to decorate in SWG (just the sub cost) but the difference is is that in SWG you could have people see your decorations. In SWTOR you are going to have to invite them to a group so they can see it.

Now for more questions. I wonder if you get a chair if its going to have a single use are to be placed. In other words you get an item it can only be placed in a certain spot (the same area for everyones ship(all siths have it in same area and all BH have it in the same area as every other BH)). Or will it be close to SWG where you could place it anywhere, which would have to include giving things a shape.

Now I have to look up for my old pictures of my hotel from SWG

Sorry even naming this game in the same sentence with SWG gives it far too much credit. SWTOR is an epic fail that could only be produced by a company like BioFail. SWG was a much better MMO and held it's sub's for over 7 years until it shut it's servers to make way for this terrible game.

SWG > Anything SWTOR has and ever will have.

I laughed at launch when people said this game was so much better than SWG, now look at it 8 months in going F2P, most of it's developers already left.

Also the final nail in the coffin, never thought I'd say this but SOE is a much better company than EA/BioFail.

Biofail is an unoriginal creator of MMO's that allowed this game to fail because they were too short sighted to realize that people wanted more besides their sub par V/O, failed to deliver content or fix bugs quickly.

In other words....

BIOFAIL!

Sorry even naming this game in the same sentence with SWG gives it far too much credit. SWTOR is an epic fail that could only be produced by a company like BioFail. SWG was a much better MMO and held it's sub's for over 7 years until it shut it's servers to make way for this terrible game.

SWG > Anything SWTOR has and ever will have.

I laughed at launch when people said this game was so much better than SWG, now look at it 8 months in going F2P, most of it's developers already left.

Also the final nail in the coffin, never thought I'd say this but SOE is a much better company than EA/BioFail.

Biofail is an unoriginal creator of MMO's that allowed this game to fail because they were too short sighted to realize that people wanted more besides their sub par V/O, failed to deliver content or fix bugs quickly.

In other words....

BIOFAIL!

As an 8 year SWG vet all i can say is...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The meditation chair, hover, or mechno was more like a vehicle in swg, and you could perform actions from it like fishing over open water.

The chair you may be thinking about was the chair you could get from the christmas event. I forget what it was called....oh, it was called the proton chair. It was nice looking, and played a soothing female voice.

lol at the proton chair, that was the oddest thing ever. i almost forgot about that thing. :)