lifetime sub options?

Mrdann

i was just wondering since SWTOR is going F2P, have you bioware and EA considered adding a lifetime subscription model into the mix as well?

because i mean if we are subbing (like i keep planning to do) i would fully support paying a one time fee for lifetime and never have worry about it again.

i hope it is you guys have thought about

The cartel coins would still be a way to generate revenue. Even if you get a certain amount per month like the subscribers, it is not likely to cover everything that you would like to buy if they keep creating content for the market.

I know that other MMOs that have offered lifetime subs still get funds from the lifers buying costume bits, etc.

I'd also love to see a lifetime subscription option and it makes a lot of sense now that F2P has been confirmed. I was lucky enough to be able to get a lifetime sub for LotRO and it fits in perfectly with their cash store and the Turbine Points system (which are akin to these Cartel Coins). You get a small number each month just like regular subscribers but even if you saved for a few months it is rarely enough to buy the really cool vanity items or account options so you still end up dropping money on the store now and again, which is exactly what they want.

The only real difference I see is that Turbine charge money for released expansions (Isenguard and the imminent Rohan expansion) and IMHO that works out well for both the publisher and the lifetime subscriber.

Edited by GillianKersonati

Technically it's still not completely free 2 play. If a lifetime sub was introduced, then there wouldn't be any point to the cartel coins so I doubt it will ever happen.

Why would their be no point? If someone pays up front $200-300 for lifetime then gets tired of the game 6 months in thats a huge win. If not they will be spending money even they have a sub (turbine's mmo lotro for example).

i was just wondering since SWTOR is going F2P, have you bioware and EA considered adding a lifetime subscription model into the mix as well?

because i mean if we are subbing (like i keep planning to do) i would fully support paying a one time fee for lifetime and never have worry about it again.

i hope it is you guys have thought about

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! I for one totally support this idea and agree with the theory I would pay up for a lifetime even if it was extremely expensive!!!