Most Fun PvP Tank

Andytori

Assassin tank is awesome when you go full tank in tank gear(Which few people do).You end up with around 27k health and you are unkillable if you have a halfway decent healer,you can win 2v1s with ease and you dodge alot of white damage,which is excellent for huttball you dodge the force leap root almost everytime..

Assassin tank is awesome when you go full tank in tank gear(Which few people do).You end up with around 27k health and you are unkillable if you have a halfway decent healer,you can win 2v1s with ease and you dodge alot of white damage,which is excellent for huttball you dodge the force leap root almost everytime..

ya.. fun.. ..util you meet a PowerTech..

In any case, in Ranked, PureGeared ShadowTank maybe have its benefits, but in PuGs, where you don`t have healer and being a PureTank cant kill anyone.. is definitely not fun..

..and as for 27K of health.. mind to provide http://swtor.askmrrobot.com profile with a health more than 24K in PvP gear? Thanks!

Edited by Missandei

I have a valor 80 tank guardian - its tons of fun if you spec hybrid vig/def - you have great mobility, great utility. Decent burst damage. Very nice cooldowns. Combat animations are sweet too.

I'm leveling a Powertech atm and its great fun too (haven't got it to 50 yet, lvl 30 atm, so I don't have that in depth knowledge)

I lvled a Shadow tank to 30 but I dropped it - didn't like the playstyle. The resource mechanic and lack of mobility turned me off. Not saying its a bad class, its just not my cup of tea.

Try them all out - the gameplay doesn't change (that) much after lvl 20 or so. If you don't like it by then you probably never will. Play what you enjoy - balance can change, the basic feel of a class wont.

Edited by Mediv

ya.. fun.. ..util you meet a PowerTech..

In any case, in Ranked, PureGeared ShadowTank maybe have its benefits, but in PuGs, where you don`t have healer and being a PureTank cant kill anyone.. is definitely not fun..

..and as for 27K of health.. mind to provide http://swtor.askmrrobot.com profile with a health more than 24K in PvP gear? Thanks!

27K hp is absolutely real.

I have 27 602 HP with 1100 expertise, using campaign relics of course. Because I think that 1.7% dmg reduction is not that good as 1200 hp boost from relics compare to WH ones.

Also as a assasin tank you dont wanna go for all WH items. Impants, earpiece and especially offhand are just garbage compare to BM ones - still talking about full time tank.

For RWZ asssasin tank is best for guarding objectives since he has best utilities for that job. Jugg tanks on the other hand are way better in protecting healers in main battle on the field with free aoe slow, charge immunity, interceed and way better direct dmg migation.

I'm on a shadow tank and do not listen to the crap said about tank gear, your damage will suck and you'll be stuck playing a supportive role because you'll take too long to kill anything. Kinetic ward and shield are useless in pvp. Armor rating is what matters and you'll have that just by being in tank stance.

I am stacking 1180 power (around 1050 atm) and I'm getting good damage. Get your accuracy to around 98%, surge to 74%, hp to 20k buffed.

With that you can get 2.6k telekinetic throw ticks, 2k double strike damage, 5-6k proc'd projects, shadow strikes/spinning strikes can hit well over 5k.

Pure shadow/assassin tanks have no purpose in pvp. Even in huttball, a tank ball carrier is only useful when your team has the ball, with my dps I can play both offensively and defensively well, saving my cooldowns for when we have the ball, and putting out enough damage to recover balls. For guarding nodes you're gimping your team by having to divert resources for 1 person, with my damage 1v1 isn't a problem. With full tank your 1v1 is just delaying the capture until more of their team or your team shows up. I can still guard in dps gear, I can still taunt, and I get the same defensive cooldowns, it's better for my healer that I DPS down the people attacking them, than to sit there amusing them until someone who can actually kill them joins in.

to answer OP VG tank is fun because it's closers and pulls, aoe's can be very useful to your teams, shadow tank is also a good choice if you go with dps gear.

Edited by Order-Sixty-Six

Don't call yourself shadow tank when you are not a tank.

Kinetic ward is not useless in pvp and tank's role should be supportive everytime. tanks should not be those who are killing people. If you want to kill people and chase numbers and medals go with proper DD stance and be on the same page as a operatives with concealment. :rolleyes:

As I said in my post alot of people dont use tank gear and hence dont understand how usefull it is..

Dark Ward is a lifesaver aginst carnage marauders,pyro powertechs(Rail shot),marksman snipers and any other white damage attacks..Using the Pve set bonus I increase DW by another 5% and get a 2% damage reduction for internal etc.

Having 27k health+force speed+DW,most roots you dodge/deflect,if you do get rooted FS will break it and you can survive the full duration of a fire with a halfway competant healer.

You are also very usefull as a last defender in VS,when your team dies and you are in stealth,when you pop out to interrupt you can survive for atleast 20 seconds,more depending on your CD,but long enough for your team to get out of spawn.

In civil war you can stall the other team from capping a turret for a minute or two at the beggining,if you know how to use los.They will probably send 3 or 4 guys just to kill you,allowing your team to get mid.

In main fights you and your guarded healer are immortal,I ussually rack up 300k-400k protection most games via guard rotation,healer is priority but if dps are being focused I switch..

Its just so fun playing tanksin :)