So Essentially..

SykesNinetyTwo

Massive amounts of people are going to get to play and go through what I did, for free. And essentially SWTOR is going to go downhill with whoever has the most $ wins.. awesome. I was really hoping F2P wasnt seriously being considered. Because now I am seriously considering unsubscribing... Ive played F2P/P2W. It's annoying and frustrating. I like earning awesome items from skill/luck. Not how much money I am willing to dish out. Honestly. I am very disappointed. If anyone would like to correct me if I am wrong about P2W/F2P, by all means. Edited by SykesNinetyTwo

Massive amounts of people are going to get to play and go through what I did, for free. And essentially SWTOR is going to go downhill with whoever has the most $ wins.. awesome. I was really hoping F2P wasnt seriously being considered. Because now I am seriously considering unsubscribing... Ive played F2P/P2W. It's annoying and frustrating. I like earning awesome items from skill/luck. Not how much money I am willing to dish out. Honestly. I am very disappointed. If anyone would like to correct me if I am wrong about P2W/F2P, by all means.

No.

Just No.

Pay a sub of $14.99 and you get EVERYTHING. If you are a current subscriber, nothing changes for you at all as long as you keep paying the sub.

Did you even bother to read any of the official info on this?

Edited by jgoldsack

No.

Just No.

Pay a sub of $14.99 and you get EVERYTHING. If you are a current subscriber, nothing changes for you at all as long as you keep paying the sub.

Its always the same.. pay a sub to get cash shop points..

I did VIP in LOTRO for $14.99/month sub to "get everything"

I still had deals and the store thrown in my face all the time.

No.

Just No.

This.

The devil is in the details. Essentially 1-49 and the low level 50 content is free. If you want to run with the big kids in both PvE or PvP, you are still going to have to P2P.

You will also get rewarded with Cartel Tokens for every month you've P2P...and you will get 150 tokens for every month you pay after wards.

If you're free you can't

Play more than a couple WZ

Play more than a couple FP

Play more than a couple space missions

No operations for you

Limited in where you can actually go

Limited in how much you can use the GTN

Slower loading into servers because Subscribers get Priority access

Lot's of cant's.

You're only nickle and dimed if you refuse to pay a sub.

Then carry on paying your subscription. F2P makes no difference to a games enjoyability before and after the change.

It is exactly the same game.

And this module, just like LOtR isn't P2W either.

I started playing as a non subscriber on LOtR and then started paying a subscription.

The only thing that buying a subscription did was make the game more enjoyable and earned me turbine points which i could spend on Fluff. And i love me some fluff.

Massive amounts of people are going to get to play and go through what I did, for free.

not really. well, maybe depending on what you're including when you say "go through what I did".

F2P has restricted access to operations and other content so if you run operations, then no F2P can't go through what you did for free. the info is in the FAQs, you should read up on the restrictions of F2P to draw your own conclusions

If you're free you can't

Play more than a couple WZ

Play more than a couple FP

Play more than a couple space missions

No operations for you

Limited in where you can actually go

Limited in how much you can use the GTN

Slower loading into servers because Subscribers get Priority access

Lot's of cant's.

You're only nickle and dimed if you refuse to pay a sub.

If which case you will still be nickle and dimed by "deals" in the store.

I suppose your making an assumption based on other mmo's cash market.

I don't know what they're going to release, you don't know what they're going to release. Before adopting such a bad stance let's see what happens. But I do bet a million that bag and bank space will be a commodity to f2p people.:D

Anyways to early to soon to say this game is going p2w...

Let's wait and see..after all ,unless your paying month by month,there's nothing to lose.

No.

Just No.

Nothing changes? Well, nothing besides the hordes of F2P trolls that completely destroy the community in the game. Why pay money just to have to deal with people like that? They should have had the F2P servers separate and allowed a one time transfer to a Sub server if they decided to sub.

Then carry on paying your subscription. F2P makes no difference to a games enjoyability before and after the change.

It is exactly the same game.

And this module, just like LOtR isn't P2W either.

I started playing as a non subscriber on LOtR and then started paying a subscription.

The only thing that buying a subscription did was make the game more enjoyable and earned me turbine points which i could spend on Fluff. And i love me some fluff.

LOTRO is pay to win now. (Legacy/Legendary slots? Stat tomes?)

Its always the same.. pay a sub to get cash shop points..

I did VIP in LOTRO for $14.99/month sub to "get everything"

I still had deals and the store thrown in my face all the time.

You pay a sub in SWTOR, and you get everything that put you on equal footing with everyone else who pays a sub. The store items do not give any advantage over another player in game (yet, and if/when that happens I will quit).

It turns the store into a fluff shop.