Digital Deluxe Players Should Get Heroes' Banner as well

SharpG

It would be nice if normal retail box owners got something - 150 Cartel Coins x a few months doesn't sound like much when it's estimated 25 Euros will buy 1600 of the little buggers....

This is my only sticking point for this move, our initial purchase doesn't seem like it's getting rewarded properly in terms of this new F2P model.... now if we got a few months subs covered (say a 3-1 paid-covered ratio), that would be better.

Jesus whats your problem ? you bought the dam game, so it goes F2P you want your money back ? seriously ? you payed to play the game at release and you got 30 days free game time with the box, don't expect more because you dont deserve more... you get coins for every month you are subbed, do i demand my money back for pirates, lotro, sto, ddo ? no deal...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call my crazy but If you put 2 and 2 together the fact this 1000 coin "bonus" for CE is probably nothing more than a hint that the CE store is never going to be upgraded with anything worthy of note if anything at all. Once Free-to-Play starts any newer cool fluff gear (ie cosmetic/social gear) will only be sold in the "store" instead of being placed in the CE store. So no DDE players should not get bonus anything, CE players should either get more coins or a contractual promise from Bioware that the CE Store will still be updated. Perhaps more than the current never lol...

Simple answer to all these threads:

When announced the CE was supposed to get additional exclusive digital good in the future, the DDE never made any mention of it.

Logically, the DDE is not entitled to new digital goods.

Choices/Consequences.

As a CE owner I actual agree that they should get something as well. Maybe even the standard edition should get something, of course less than the first two. After all, we all paid money for a game that now everyone else will be able to get for free.

Simple answer to all these threads:

When announced the CE was supposed to get additional exclusive digital good in the future, the DDE never made any mention of it.

Logically, the DDE is not entitled to new digital goods.

Choices/Consequences.

This man has the pulse of the situation. We were promised extra goodies in the future for being CE owners. As most of these 'extra goodies' are now probably going to be converted to cash shop items, we CE owners are pretty screwed.

Also, why so mad? I spent $150 on a CE box for a game that went F2P inside of 1 year. I don't really think I'd term myself the 'winner' in this situation. :csw_jabbapet:

This man has the pulse of the situation. We were promised extra goodies in the future for being CE owners. As most of these 'extra goodies' are now probably going to be converted to cash shop items, we CE owners are pretty screwed.

Also, why so mad? I spent $150 on a CE box for a game that went F2P inside of 1 year. I don't really think I'd term myself the 'winner' in this situation. :csw_jabbapet:

DE owners paid more than the release edition too, though.

DE owners paid more than the release edition too, though.

But you weren't promised ongoing access to a special shop in a special part of the space station that only CE owners (and those that spend a mil on a bracelet) are allowed to be in with goods that will be unfurled as the game ages, and only we would be able to buy the stuff there. So. Yeah. There's that. I was. Got the box to prove it.

But you weren't promised ongoing access to a special shop in a special part of the space station that only CE owners (and those that spend a mil on a bracelet) are allowed to be in with goods that will be unfurled as the game ages, and only we would be able to buy the stuff there. So. Yeah. There's that. I was. Got the box to prove it.

Actually the digital deluxe edition does have access to a store in the VIP lounge, and was promised access to future digital updates via that Shop. However, all that was ever added was an overpriced money sink of a speeder. Nothing else was ever done with the shop. So the digital deluxe owners actually got shafted pretty bad with that, and thus deserve continued access as well.

Edited by Selvec

Actually the digital deluxe edition does have access to a store in the VIP lounge, and was promised access to future digital updates via that Shop. However, all that was ever added was an overpriced money sink of a speeder. Nothing else was ever done with the shop. So the digital deluxe owners actually got shafted pretty bad with that, and thus deserve continued access as well.

I recommend you look at this site. It's the official SWTOR site where you can buy this game. If you look carefully, you will see that no, you don't have access to the special CE store. Thank you for playing. Try the veal.

http://buy.swtor.com/us/

I realize that CE players paid a lot for their copies of the game for the extra items that came in the box, but those of us who purchased the Digital Deluxe Edition for the items are usually those die-hard item collectors (who are after every last special in-game item). ]

who are you to say why i bought my CE? i got it for the CE Store in game, thats the only reason. just cause it comes with other stuff does not mean thats what ppl bought it for.

edit: and how is paying $80 instead of $150 make you more of a "die-hard" item collector? CE's got 1 additional items and the CE Store with our copies, Mr Die- Hard item collector. lol

Edited by GooseGrims

And people wonder why the common consensus on the internet is that the SWTOR community is the worst MMORPG community to date.

This entire community can be summed up as "Everything for me, nothing for you".

Edited by Caelrie

who are you to say why i bought my CE? i got it for the CE Store in game, thats the only reason. just cause it comes with other stuff does not mean thats what ppl bought it for.

edit: and how is paying $80 instead of $150 make you more of a "die-hard" item collector? CE's got 2 additional items and the CE Store with our copies, Mr Die- Hard item collector. lol

Wait, they say DD guys are more 'item-collectors' than CE owners? Uh, I've got a statue of Darth Malgus on my desk. Collect that.

(No, seriously. It'll be on EBay in like 5 minutes.)

you only played $20 more than standerd, why should you get 500? i could agree with like 100-200 but cmon.

I don't care about the actual numbers that much at this point. Just anything greater than zero. I think it would be fair if standard owners got $200, DE got $500 and CE got $1000.

Edited by Caelrie

Well, there were a couple of points I was wrong on in this thread. Apparently you dirty DD people can get into my VIP area and talk to my vendors (not the CE vendor though) ... and personally, I think everyone who subbed more than 3 months should get 10,000 Cartel Coins. After all, we're the ones who stayed and played and wanted this thing to succeed. Oh well, my apologies.

Dirty DD player.

:rak_03:

Entitled Troll alert.

I don't care about the actual numbers that much at this point. Just anything greater than zero. I think it would be fair if standard owners got $200, DE got $500 and CE got $1000.

crap i would love a free $1000, down payment on a new bike lol, but sadly it will be cartel coins not $ :)

Just to point out CE guys.

Over 50% of your CE stuff was physical additions. You already got that. Its gone, it can't be added to the value of your pack anymore in terms of receiving stuff from Bioware in compensation for possible loss of CE additions. So take that away. Take away the DD digital stuff to. So that leaves you with a mount and a useless familiar thing, also a shop of your own with goods. You are getting 1000 coins, plus some flag thing. The flag thing you can keep, its a sign your a CE player, and thats great, what ever. But the coinage? Take away the flag thing, you are getting paid out for the digital + stuff, as well as the CE shop. 500 coins covers the CE shop, and 500 covers the digital deluxe stuff. So generally the digital deluxe members should recieve half of the 1000, thats 500 coins. Thats fair.

You lose the content granted to you digitally because of F2P (Theoretically, thats the only reason I can think of why they'd pay you out with 1000 coins). Half of that content is stuff also given to digital deluxe purchases. So it makes sense to also pay out the digital deluxe owners of what they are probably going to lose access to.

Admittingly most of that stuff is crap anyway, except the STAP, which is damned useful.

We need a new nomenclature for the F2P currency. Cartel Coins is dumb. Let's name it:

Hutt Buckz

Huttz

Slimebills

Nar Cheddah

Post your ideas!

I prefer LODS OF EMONE

(What's that spell? LOADSAMONEY, probly!)

Edited by Beslley