Amazing patchwork!

Pibbe

So i have been playing since December 29, 2011.

My thought:

Good

- Story line for the different characters i leveld up is amazing! (Shadow + assassin + Merc + Mara + Vanguard)

- Following the Movies (too some degree) is very good because you can relate.

- Low Level PvP is very fun

Bad

- Lvl 50 PvP

- Class Balance

- Amazing Grind, takes forever and then some to reach valor rank 70 if you didnt do only pvp leveling

- Patch 1.2

Lets say this, I am valor rank 83 at my Marauder (the only class i ever bothered to play because the other ones sucks donkey "!#¤!"¤!#). I ONLY PLAY DPS!

Well to start with and the number 1 problem with this game is: THE GRIND OH THE GRIND!

As I said earlier, if you didnt pvp your way up to lvl 50 it takes sooo long to hit that magical Valor rank 70 when you actully can use your warhero gear. NO RECRUITER GEAR AINT GOOD!

And when you actully hit that point you go YES! I HIT VALOR 70! Then this dude that sell the WH gear come up to ya and goes like: Hey you though id give it to ya for a avrage amount of points?

NO FOR THE FULL SET YOU NEED TO GRIND EVEN MORE, AND THIS AINT A JOKE!

If you do not have time for Rated/Ranked WZ's you will need to run like several hundreds of WZ after you hit valor 70!

Lets say you get 100WZ comms a game. 40 matches will revard you a 2H wep but then you need to grind for 14 other pieces.

Im all decked out on my Mara but there is no way in hell i will ever be on my Sorc because you dont need a dps sorc for WZ's.

You only need 6 MARA/JUGG and 2 Healing SORC! Thats all to win! thats the setup we use and we have never since Ranked WZ's was released lost to anything but a mirror match, (well maybe 1-5 times out of 100+ easy)

My guild wont take any other class and nobody in there right mind would during this state of the game.

With this said im turning off my sub and wait for GW2

TDLR; I dont care if you guys dont agree im just laying out the facts.

1. The game is a huge grind

2. Class balance is off more then i have ever seen in any game before

3. MARA / MARA / MARA / MARA / JUGG / JUGG / Healing - SORC / Healing - SORC only viable Ranked COMP

First MMO? The grind is actually fairly lenient in this game. I admit GW2 will probably have less of a grind, but that begs the question, when you do have all the gear and are top lvl, what then?

But then who cares? Since its B2P theres no pressure to continue to play and feel like you need to get your moneys worth. When they add more and your interested then pay for what you want. People pay 60 bucks for console games with much less content and replay value.

1. You don't need to be valor 70 to use War Hero gear. The only valor requirement is on the crafted orange shells. The stuff you earn with comms has no valor requirement on it.

2. The main method to earning rated comms is in ranked warzones now. Comms come much faster.

First MMO? The grind is actually fairly lenient in this game. I admit GW2 will probably have less of a grind, but that begs the question, when you do have all the gear and are top lvl, what then?

You just continue playing the game because it is fun. Collect gear(for looks), explore world, PVP, craft. The actual game is end game because you are not going to be doing something different once you cap. It doesn't suddenly become a PVP gear grind or a Raid or Die game on you.

But then who cares? Since its B2P theres no pressure to continue to play and feel like you need to get your moneys worth. When they add more and your interested then pay for what you want. People pay 60 bucks for console games with much less content and replay value.

You'll probably get your money's worth from GW2, but I don't think there's that much content in GW2 that I can just drop all other MMOs. Instead I'll keep my subscription to SWTOR and try GW2 when I want something different. But to each their own I guess

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.