Low level PvP build? Watchman?

RicoZaid

PvE is pretty easy so I pretty much run my class story arc and PvP.

From the guides here I read Focus is better for Guardians. Combat blooms late, so go Watchman.

Still new to Sentinel but I love the complexity - seems like a new game :-)

Just looking for a low level build with powers that are good for PvP. What to get, what to avoid.

I leveled up with Focus but switched to Combat at 50. I have enjoyed both, but from what I read you get more DPS with Watchman. I suspect that Watchman is harder to learn, at least initially, but as you advance it may be harder to maximize the performance of Combat.

Take the above with a grain of salt, since 1. this is my first MMO, and 2. I have no firsthand experience using the Watchman spec.

Going from Focus to Combat, what I miss most is Focus's extra leap. But I love the hard hits that Combat dishes out.

I leveled as Watchman and stayed that way at 50 for quite a long while before switching to Combat. At 50, Combat is spectacular, you dish out huge amounts of damage in short periods of time. Watchman is great for leveling because it's rotation is easier than Combat (IMO) and it has very good sustained damage output. Plus, when used with Zen you have better survivability if you keep up your burn DOTs at all times.

I'd say level as Watchman, and when you hit 50, give Combat and Focus a try and see which you like best.

Combat is made for PvP. I leveled as Combat, the burst is amazing. The roots are awesome.

For low levels put 3 point into the watchman tree skill that refunds focus (sorry forgot the name off the top of my head), then start working your way up the Combat tree. Skip accuracy for now - fill in a point or 2 if you need it at 50, practically every other skill is useful for PvP in the Combat tree.

Just work on getting to blade rush as soon as you can, you really can't go wrong.

I am leveling as combat and it struggles a bit until you get around lvl 30 for precision strike. Then even better when you hit the mid 30s and get debilitation, forcing them to burn a cc or eat a master strike that ignores all their armor.

Mind you i'm not at 50 yet, but I prefer combat, the speed buff on transcendence is insane, great for reaching objectives quickly.